The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Las Vegas

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
Greetings!

I recently picked up MJ's book on kindle and decided to join this forum in order to engage in generative exchanges with like minded people.

Currently, I work full time managing the finances/details of my husband's e-commerce business (small business 10 employees and about 20 1099 contractors). I also run my own little operation that is a slowlane business (owning a second part time job, really), but it does allow me some tax great advantages.

Being married to/working with a fairly successful entrepreneur gives me the opportunity to learn as I work. I would like to start my own business without quitting my day job, but am ready to trade in my slowlane business for a fastlane business. Having someone to take care of the finances and details gives my husband the freedom to focus on his long term vision for our main company, which benefits me also. At the same time, I would like to have a successful fastlane business of my own, so I am working on developing the skills and mindset to do just that.

I look forward to learning from you and with you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How about your spouses' eCom business? Is he in any position to help you or is all his time tied into that business? Or is that already Fastlane?

Welcome to the forum.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
Thank you for the welcome, MJ.

My husband's business is fastlane in the sense that we make profits whether he works for a week or not. Daily operations/and sales do not require his efforts. It is also fastlane in the sense that he could sell it and live off of the interest generated by a liquidity event.

However, he wants to expand the company, and works 70+ hours a week on growth. He is passionate about his work and enjoys what he does. He doesn't have time to devote 20 hours a week to helping me, but he is a great partner who would gladly lend me access to his knowledge and the team he has gathered.

Also, I don't yet have a vision for my business. What I bring to the table in my current work is an ability to create processes. For example, I have created processes that audit customer service, merchant accounts, etc.. This isn't an ability that I want to turn into a business, but it is an ability that will help me create a solid business when I decide what to sell. My slowlane side business is helping other companies with reconciling their backend to their payment gateway to their merchant account to their bank account. I created a system to do this for our business and then started doing it for other small businesses.

leighstjohn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Hi Amy and welcome.

I am also from Las Vegas (well, originally Australia) and have escaped the summer and headed to the East coast for a while.

It sounds like the thing you are best at is 'systems' and that's FABULOUS!!! That's what makes a business scale-able (the S in MJ's CENTS formula).

Can you perhaps create a business that essentially IS a system? Eg, can you take one or more of the abilities you have and make them the 'product'?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...