The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FYI: Criminal squatters are taking over houses nationally...

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm surprised no homeowner has lost their marbles when dealing with squatters, and just comeback later, wiped out everyone, torched the property, and then deleted themselves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_O9UUQmj8k

This used to be only a problem in California, now it is happening everywhere as criminals perfect their system and take advantage of loopholes. Occurring in Texas, GA, NY and other places.

Also if this increases in frequency in severity, this could be an niche opportunity for creating prevention measures.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also, if you plan on vacating your house for several weeks/months for a S. Pacific vacation, it is stupid to advertise this on social media. Humblebrag on IG after you return home.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Florida once again is the first proactive state in fixing this stupidity, penalizing criminals, instead of rewarding them. New York and Cali surely will be last, if at all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Florida once again is the first proactive state in fixing this stupidity, penalizing criminals, instead of rewarding them. New York and Cali surely will be last, if at all.
Where there is a need, there will be a solution: The Squatter Hunters

TempusFugit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 6, 2024
"Squatter's rights"!
New York is literally giving people the right to be criminals. Why anyone chooses to live there is beyond me.

I mean this is what happens when you allow 2 million illegal immigrants to cross the border within the past year and expect that the rate of crime wouldn't increase...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I am launching my squatter removal service. Cash only. The program levels include our $2500 ‘get em out’ plan, and our premium $5000 ‘make sure they never come back’ plan.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I am launching my squatter removal service. Cash only. The program levels include our $2500 ‘get em out’ plan, and our premium $5000 ‘make sure they never come back’ plan.
There is literally this service in France run by tough men connected to gangs. I watched in a documentary.

The owners can install a camera to avoid fake lease disputes.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
When I worked in the mines we had a snake catcher come to relocate a dangerous snake

You have to get a professional snake catcher to relocate them, you can’t kill them because they are native

I asked where it was relocated to

“It’s been relocated to heaven”

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
When I worked in the mines we had a snake catcher come to relocate a dangerous snake

You have to get a professional snake catcher to relocate them, you can’t kill them because they are native

I asked where it was relocated to

“It’s been relocated to heaven”
Maybe relocated to another mine to create business demand.

Edward Hytcheck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2024
This used to be only a problem in California, now it is happening everywhere as criminals perfect their system and take advantage of loopholes. Occurring in Texas, GA, NY and other places.

Also if this increases in frequency in severity, this could be an niche opportunity for creating prevention measures.
The solution I've heard is to exploit the fact that the landlord has the legal right to do work on the property and hire a crew with an order to remove all doors from the property. The work crews are large men who are for all intents and purposes armed. At that point the squatters usually just leave.

It seems like someone could conceivably organize and advertise a specialized "Door Removal Service" crewed by ex-military and police types.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
My business partner had an issue with this (squatters/they were also gang members). One day he sent in workmen protected by security men and removed all the doors. Squatters left about a week later.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
This guy wanted to be famous, and now he is. His videos encouraging people to come to America and steal homes is what made this crime wave impossible to ignore.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It’s just the police being lazy to investigate and do their job.

Any serious investigator can tell if the lease is real with ten minutes of questioning and interrogation.

Your text message history should match your story.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
It's weird to see young people shamelessly squatting. I assume they are aware their reputations are permanently ruined. Maybe they were already criminals. She is 19.

1712413303749.png

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It's weird to see young people shamelessly squatting. I assume they are aware their reputations are permanently ruined. Maybe they were already criminals. She is 19.

View attachment 55226

It would be a great business idea if someone can create a digital lease that has a digital signature that captures the smart phone locations of both the tenant and the owner.

The whole squatter pandemic seems to begin with the police’s inability to tell a fake lease apart from a real lease.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
In Spain this is a big problem. If someone gets into your house they can change the lock, pretend they're renting the place and you'll have to sleep in a hotel and pay a company called Desokupa to get them out because you have no rights in this sh*thole.

In some places there're whole buildings filled with squatters.

Very sad to see the same madness in other places...

Edward Hytcheck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2024

View attachment 55226

Reputation? This is the age of OF. Look at what's happening on social media. Young people are being sold on the idea that money and fame comes from being as obnoxious and as invasive as possible. I don't see how this is any different from that guy who got shot by the FedEx guy he was harassing at the mall. Or the kids who filmed themselves beating that old man in the river until he stabbed them. Or Johnny Somali harassing people all over the world.

They're looking for events where they get everything they want, and they're being told this is the event.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I'm surprised someone who has been financially ruined by a squatter hasn't done something extreme.

This real estate mogul thinks "Something really bad is going to happen". I agree.

Real-estate use to be a solid way for regular people to build wealth. Seems like the government has decided to make it too risky. I don't understand why they would do this.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

About a decade or so ago, in England, a bunch of squatters saw this opportunity, so what they did was approach people with empty houses and make them an offer. The proposition was simple, "Let me stay in your house for free, I promise to take care of it, when you want me to move I will do so with little to no notice. The benefit to you is I stop nasty squatters taking over your place and trashing it."

They did very well, I'm not sure if they're still going because now there are companies who charge for the service and have proper logistical systems in place.

But it's food for thought for any fastlaners who live in these areas and also need somewhere to live.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.