The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Exotic Car Rental Service

BenM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 29, 2016
Hello, let me start off by saying I am new to the thread but I have been somewhat of a lurker for a decently long time now. So the other day I was watching re-runs of my favorite TV show(the only TV show I really indulge myself in watching) Top Gear and I thought about how cool of a job it must be to get to show up every morning and drive one of these insane sports cars. Immediately some ideas started swirling around in my head, I thought what if I could do something along these lines too.

Now call me a fool if you will but I ran the numbers for a few hours that night and the following morning for renting out one of these exotic beasts and the numbers... well they actually make sense.

A five year lone of $180,000 at a modest 3.11% interest rate it comes to $3,243 per month just for financing alone which may seem like a lot but just here me out.

Insurance is something that escapes me a little bit because clearly if you are renting out $180,000 sports car than your going to need some serious commercial insurance which I haven't been able to find an exact monthly/yearly rate for but ill just take a guess and estimate it at say around $1,500 per month.

Now next would be maintenance and yes this I figure will most positively be a hefty monthly cost so lets say $3,000 a month just for maintenance alone.

Lets add it all up $3,243 for financing plus $1,500 a month for insurance plus $3,000 for maintenance comes to $7,743 per month in cost, sounds like a lot right?

Well I figure I could easily rent the car out for around $1,200 per day so all I would have to do is feasibly rent the car out for 7 days or one week out of the month to pay for expenses and after that I could see back and watch the money pour in. On top of all this I get to purchase and own a car I have always dreamed of having and hopefully could reinvest profits back into the company to finance more cars and so on so on.

Let me know what you think and please share any and all flaws you see.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:
G

GuestUserX09

I don't think it's a bad idea. Just have to triple check your market, location, finances, etc. If it all looks good I don't see why not.

Just to make things a bit more realistic, I would set up all the framework and go ahead and test your lead gen ability, build a list and land your first client and book them for a spot a week later or so and get a deposit. Then, go ahead and get the car/insurance/etc. At least then you can have a bit more confidence in the business model before jumping in.

To keep people from abusing the car, some rental companies will disable the switch for race mode or turning TC off, if there is one.

Again, I think location would be the killer, make sure your in access to a large city that likes flashy things, not a humble town. Preferably by an airport. Could run separate local ads and landing page for kids parties too.

Jay T

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Feb 29, 2016
California
Hertz has a line of "dreamline" cars you can rent. May be try the process of renting one of these to see what it's like or talk to Hertz to see how they do it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.