The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea feedback/validating it from market

Idea threads

Gigantic_brain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 1, 2022
United States
Hi, I have been trying to come up with some solutions to problems I see around me to create value and start. One issue being food allergies, and restrictions in restaurants. I want to be able to gauge how much a headache problem this is but my only source is my sister who is allergic to a lot of things. How should I go about gathering more information? Any help would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Consider that the person with light allergy usually has to adapt, but the customer with a conviction (vegan, halal or kosher) will usually find what they are looking for. So, the allergy in question needs to be severe.

Read this article: The Most Intolerant Wins: The Dictatorship of the Small Minority

Check local places on google maps, including their menus. Do they list information for allergic customers? If not, why? Call and ask about how they can or cannot accommodate certain food allergies. If they cannot, ask why not. What ingredient are they not able to replace? Only ask about the most common. Check alternative recipes for this online or replacement ingredients.

Last edited:

Gigantic_brain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 1, 2022
United States
Consider that the person with light allergy usually has to adapt, but the customer with a conviction (vegan, halal or kosher) will usually find what they are looking for. So, the allergy in question needs to be severe.

Read this article: The Most Intolerant Wins: The Dictatorship of the Small Minority

Check local places on google maps, including their menus. Do they list information for allergic customers? If not, why? Call and ask about how they can or cannot accomodate certain food allergies. If they cannot, ask why not. What ingredient are they not able to replace? Only ask about the most common. Check alternative recipes for this online or replacement ingredients.
Thank you, I will do this

Gigantic_brain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 1, 2022
United States

Check local places on google maps, including their menus. Do they list information for allergic customers? If not, why? Call and ask about how they can or cannot accomodate certain food allergies. If they cannot, ask why not. What ingredient are they not able to replace? Only ask about the most common. Check alternative recipes for this online or replacement ingredients.

I read the article and it was very illuminating. I didn't ever think about the fact that just a small intolerable group can sway the rest of the people who don't care very much. In the case of allergies I guess schools not having peanut products follows this. In the case of severe allergies, I think it wouldn't affect foreign restaurants in America as much because there are other options/stores.

Check local places on google maps, including their menus. Do they list information for allergic customers? If not, why? Call and ask about how they can or cannot accommodate certain food allergies. If they cannot, ask why not. What ingredient are they not able to replace? Only ask about the most common. Check alternative recipes for this online or replacement ingredients.
I read the article you posted and it got me thinking about the target market I want to help. After thinking about people who have a conviction like you said, I thought the most applicable people would be those accustomed to eating foods and later became severely allergic to them. This way they are more bothered by it than those who always were allergic. I also think that in this case it would be better to ask questions to these people than the stores themselves. I have some leads but I am worried that I may need the help of a doctor/allergist to actually help them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.