The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur Books Directory

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Are you tired of struggling to find the next book to add to your reading list? Are you tired of browsing countless (or few) reviews on Amazon and Audible to figure out if a book will be beneficial to your entrepreneur journey?

Fret no more. What if there was a single website dedicated to being a directory for entrepreneur books? A site that you could browse books about business, finances, autobiographies, self-improvement, and much more. A platform where books are honestly reviewed by you and other entrepreneurs.

Struggling with decisions for your start-up? Browse the start-up books category. Trying to talk to investors? Browse the raising capital books category. Looking for more books by an author you like? Click the authors category.

After you find a book that fits your criteria and you've seen the reviews enough to want to read it, an affiliate link to purchase the book is right underneath the article.

This is what I've done with Digital Tycoons (www.digitaltycoons.com); a single directory for entrepreneurs to find books.

What do you think of the website? Is it something you would use to find books? How often do you think you would use it? What sucks about the current site and what's good about it?

I see a lot of ways to monetize this site, but for now, if you have the time, I'd like to get your feedback.

www.digitaltycoons.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I'm on my phone but looks good.

Small details...
Some of the sizing is off. Quite hard to click out of that initial pop up on an iPhone. Also doesn't show my whole email address so you are typing without knowing ifs correct to sign up. I'd work on optimizing for a phone a little better.

Good idea though. I'm always checking out best-of-lists and love to read about books just as much as actually reading them.

image.png

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I'm on my phone but looks good.

Small details...
Some of the sizing is off. Quite hard to click out of that initial pop up on an iPhone. Also doesn't show my whole email address so you are typing without knowing ifs correct to sign up. I'd work on optimizing for a phone a little better.

Good idea though. I'm always checking out best-of-lists and love to read about books just as much as actually reading them.

View attachment 12539
Yeah I've been going back and forth with Aweber about their sign up form issues on mobile. I'm looking for an alternative if you know one for wordpress?

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I absolutely love the idea. A little more content would be awesome but that will come with time. I've actually wondered if anybody had a site like this. Way to cap on the idea!
Thank you for the kind words Dustin.

Deri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 13, 2016
Wales
Nice idea and execution. Keep us posted on the success of the website.
I'm with the above that it needs to be better optimised for mobile phones as I have only looked at the site on my phone as yet.

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Nice idea and execution. Keep us posted on the success of the website.
I'm with the above that it needs to be better optimised for mobile phones as I have only looked at the site on my phone as yet.
Thank you and I will. I do plan on fixing the mobile issues asap.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Good idea. One little change I always make to all wordpress sites that display "categories" is to rename it "Topics" - looks better.

What criteria are you using to suggest books? Are these books that you've read personally and recommend or do people recommend them to you or...?

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Good idea. One little change I always make to all wordpress sites that display "categories" is to rename it "Topics" - looks better.

What criteria are you using to suggest books? Are these books that you've read personally and recommend or do people recommend them to you or...?
Thats a good suggestion. As far as "criteria", I'm keeping books open to anything that could help entrepreneurs, so it goes by a case-by-case, or book-by-book basis.
Currently they are books that I've read, but I don't have time to read every single business book out there so the goal is to eventually make Digital Tycoons a user-generated website.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
As a design note:

I would change the background of metal scratches to just pure white.
Just get rid of the image...
its way more clean and professional/trustworthy looking.

wasspaw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 20, 2015
Ok I'm new to the web but are you making any money with the site ?? If so how are you generating it??
You referring people to amazon and get kick back

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I've added a forum to the site specifically for book discussions. I'd love to see people discussing and reviewing books with each other there.

The biggest issue I'm having is getting traffic. I thought this would catch on Instagram a lot quicker than it actually has. Does anyone have creative ways to market this that they'd like to share?

wasspaw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 20, 2015
So does this site make any money?? If so how?? 4% from amazon if someone buys book??
Any other streams income from it?? Did you do the website yourself if so what resources did you use??

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.