The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Leafcoin is on cryptsy, and it is selling at 201 ! ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
10 BTC PROFIT: IN YO FACE CRYPTSY SPIKE!!

Bought my VTC at 0.0035 btc and sold into the initial "new coin" rush on Cryptsy for 0.0072

Not bad for days trading! :)

Okay not everyday is like that, infact far from it. The other day was incredibly tedious, but a successful win after a long drawn out period, does make those days seem worthwhile.

I love you Crypto... no really I do!

And thanks JayKim for bringing this one to my attention! :)

Last edited:

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Fake buy walls. In an effort to push the startying price someone (with a vested interest) will put a huge buy amount (but worth a minimal amount, e.g. 0.1 BTC start price with only 0.000001BTC).

Have you noticed them doing the same with a large block of BTC, say 0.01BTC and up?

The way I've been making orders on some of these more illiquid coins has been to look at the order book and try to gravitate near orders >0.01BTC. Like if you see an order book and only one big order (say 1BTC's worth), that's the price I've been trying to pay.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013

Bought my VTC at 0.0035 btc and sold into the initial "new coin" rush on Cryptsy for 0.0072

Not bad for days trading! :)

Okay not everyday is like that, infact far from it. The other day was incredibly tedious, but a successful win after a long drawn out period, does make those days seem worthwhile.

I love you Crypto... no really I do!

And thanks JayKim for bringing this one to my attention! :)

Ballsier than me :) That's about 2700 VTC, so $7560 going in and $15552 at peak (I'm using $800 BTC for easy numbers).

I got 117 VTC in my basket for around $40, so it's now at $642.33. I almost feel like I shouldn't bother with coins I already have a position in, and exclusively buy new coins going forward. Then at the same time, if just one of the 200+ positions I go in reaches BTC price levels, I'll be good. I'm not sure what strategy is better to be honest :p

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada

so u bought on coinedup and transferrred after it was released on cryptsy released VTC?

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
HunterCOIN = Pokemon+Cryptocurrency

Huntercoin Features:

• Human Mining – Control Hunters to harvest coins in another dimension using strategy, time & teamwork.
• 1 Minute Block Times.
• Dual Algorithm –SHA256 + Scrypt. Each algo has separate difficulty, both targeting 2 minute blocks. Both are Merge Mineable.. Seehttp://wiki.chronokings.com/index.php?title=Mining
• Total 10 coins Per Block – 1 to the miner, 8.75 onto the Map.
• Crown of Fortune – 1 Unique Item on the map which will generate 0.25 HUCs per block
• When a Hunter harvests coins and brings them back to a spawn area, the coins will materialize in their wallet, Miners will receive 10% of these ‘banked’ coins (TAX)
• When a Hunter is killed, 4% of the coins they held will be taken by miners. The rest will be dropped to the ground.
• Hardware Miners should receive in total (over time) 20% of the Block Reward (2 Coins) + Player Death Taxes.
• 42 Million Total Coins
• Retarget Every block based on last 2016 Blocks (for each algo separately) - (PPC Style)
• Can be considered a basic decentralized P2P MMOCCG (Massively Multiplayer Online Crypto Currency Game), which takes place within the block chain.
• Includes all relevant features of other crypto currencies.
• Integrated Client Chat – Player can chat per block.
• Starting cost per Player is 1 HUC – this may be adjusted via hardfork if it becomes too expensive to “Enter the World”, and the consensus agrees.
View the in game World Live (currently showing closed beta world and oldish client)http://192.81.209.210:3000/

Huntercoin is a Namecoin Fork (NMC being the no1 Crypto [after bitcoin])
smiley.gif

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Last edited:

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Ballsier than me :) That's about 2700 VTC, so $7560 going in and $15552 at peak (I'm using $800 BTC for easy numbers).

I got 117 VTC in my basket for around $40, so it's now at $642.33. I almost feel like I shouldn't bother with coins I already have a position in, and exclusively buy new coins going forward. Then at the same time, if just one of the 200+ positions I go in reaches BTC price levels, I'll be good. I'm not sure what strategy is better to be honest :p

Argh.

I bought it at 0.0065 and today it is at 0.012...but...Craptsy still hasn't confirmed my deposit from over 6 hours ago!

I transferred in MEOW, VTC and BTC - all of which have not gone through.

ttoke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 10, 2013
So what are You guesses on Max? I haven't examined any alt launches before, so I don't now hot to act - should I try to buy in asap or wait for the price to come down a little? I mean, there is no base price, first coins are sold for best buyers bid, right?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
So what are You guesses on Max? I haven't examined any alt launches before, so I don't now hot to act - should I try to buy in asap or wait for the price to come down a little? I mean, there is no base price, first coins are sold for best buyers bid, right?

Well VTC threw out all past launches on Cryptsy because it has just risen in price when usually it gets dumped hard before recovering, if ever.

So Maxcoin could follow the same pattern, I imagine it'll be priced very expensive compared to most new coins. So perhaps wait a little while the market forces determine the real price then buy in after the spike, it should rise steadily from there on.

Last edited:

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK

I think it's gonna pump for initial 5 mins (when it hits exchanges) and then drop like a bomb.

I think it may be best to mine it yourself (heard it's CPU based) and then sell on this one.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Ada & Alternative ‏@Alternative_Ada 32m
Check my new project: http://mapofcoins.com ! Enjoy and retweet, please! pic.twitter.com/5ul7QKMGsE

http://mapofcoins.com/#

"Map of coins" — visualized history of the cryptocurrency world from the first bitcoin whitepaper up to present days.

Check some other dates on the left side of the screen and see how the cryptocash ecosystem has been changing through the time! Discover the best ideas and dead-end branches! Enjoy the cryptocoins time machine!

Some hints:
Roll a cursor over the coin mark to see what it was forked from and how it is related to other coins.

Click on the coin mark to see the full name of the coin, its logo and specifications.

Scroll or use slider to zoom the map.

Drag map for set up its position.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Anybody know what happened to Freshmarket.io ?

Was fine yesterday and today it's not even there.

EDIT: Just been in conctact with the TTC devs and this is what happened.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449796.0

They got hacked allegedly.

Ugh: this again! Maybe I should just go back to buying and using Cryptsy coins exclusively, but then I'd have missed out on the 0.05 BTC to 1 BTC gain I have right now on VTC. I'm clearing out of Scifi-ex since it's clear they are on the same Openex.pw framework at least to a degree.

What I don't like is how these guys just shut everything down when an exchange hack happens. Like my password is through LastPass and is 35 characters long; I probably wasn't brute-forced.

I guess I should print off PDF balance sheets when I've put my orders in on these sites to even know what I've put in. Lesson for the future.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
For coins that pay interest (like HoboNickels and PhilosophersStone), do you actually get the interest on Cryptsy or does the exchange eat it? Are other exchanges the same/different?

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Given the impending launch of Maxcoin tonight, I thought it would be worth mentioning Microsoft Azure service which is currently offering a month's free trial.

Essentially, the service allows you to run up to 20 virtual machines. Given that MaxCoin is CPU mining only, this potentially gives you a head start.

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/
Just remember to give me a share of some of your profits please! :rockon: Lol. If you feel so enlightened my Cryptsy trade key is:

aa7ca11e9011e191b1cdbc77d942cefcc8bf8b61

I will post (and encourage others to do the same) any other decent cloud computing services offering free CPU power!

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
For coins that pay interest (like HoboNickels and PhilosophersStone), do you actually get the interest on Cryptsy or does the exchange eat it? Are other exchanges the same/different?

I wasn't aware that Craptsy (sic) paid interest on your balances. I thought all they offered were some cheap craptsy points and only then on each trade you made.

FYI - For more Craptastic points, you can specify yourself as the referrer for a few more Craptsy points.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Ugh: this again! Maybe I should just go back to buying and using Cryptsy coins exclusively, but then I'd have missed out on the 0.05 BTC to 1 BTC gain I have right now on VTC. I'm clearing out of Scifi-ex since it's clear they are on the same Openex.pw framework at least to a degree.

What I don't like is how these guys just shut everything down when an exchange hack happens. Like my password is through LastPass and is 35 characters long; I probably wasn't brute-forced.

I guess I should print off PDF balance sheets when I've put my orders in on these sites to even know what I've put in. Lesson for the future.

I am so annoyed with Craptsy at the moment, I bought VTC @ 65 and was waiting to sell it for 121 on Craptsy. It's taken over 10 hours for the deposit, by which time it dropped to 81.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Well VTC threw out all past launches on Cryptsy because it has just risen in price when usually it gets dumped hard before recovering, if ever.

So Maxcoin could follow the same pattern, I imagine it'll be priced very expensive compared to most new coins. So perhaps wait a little while the market forces determine the real price then buy in after the spike, it should rise steadily from there on.

CASH got pumped for a while last night. It was quite interesting to watch.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Have you noticed them doing the same with a large block of BTC, say 0.01BTC and up?

The way I've been making orders on some of these more illiquid coins has been to look at the order book and try to gravitate near orders >0.01BTC. Like if you see an order book and only one big order (say 1BTC's worth), that's the price I've been trying to pay.

I'm not sure TTTDodder.

But I would be very careful with fake buy walls, always check the price and volume behind it, otherwise you could find yourself being the bag holder on a pump and dump.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK

All altcoins are pure speculation and a bit of a gamble.

However you can play the 'advantage' by weighing the pros and cons.

1. Maxcoin has no premine, so there won't be a massive volume available from day 1. People will have to mine and then the price will be determined by demand. People may test the market by inital low prices, or they may set high prices given the initial scarcity.
2. Max Keiser, albeit a bit of a tool, is very popular, so Maxcoin immediately has reach, plus he will probably be pluggin it every 30 seconds.
3. CPU mining only. From what I have read, this is CPU mine-able only, therefore people should be on a level playing field (in theory).

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Okay, these VTC movements are crazy. I know one day doesn't count, but it looks like any sort of downside today has been counteracted by the upside in VTC, plus some. I wasn't expecting the diversification to actually work like diversification for these coins.

Since you all are such good market predictors, how likely do you think another massive BTC drop is? Like I know in each year previously, there's been a good 50% or so drop after a new high was reached. These drops occurred in a matter of days, not weeks, right?

Since there are so many alts on the market, would a BTC drop lead to an alt drop or not at all? Would BTC drop maybe 90% during this time (like some academics have said), but the alts go anywhere from positive to a lesser drop? Do the alts seem to be becoming unhinged from direct price movements in BTC?

Indeed, MEOW and LEAF didn't perform as expected, but CASH and VTC went to the moon!

On BTC I'm not too sure, we will have to keep a watchful eye on what the Chinese and Russians are doing. But what I would say is that BTC is here to stay.

The BTC drops usually only last a few days and then they go up. However, I understand how easy it is to 'panic' and think of liquidating when we see violent drops, but that is the best time to buy. But when you hold a lot coins, sometimes your emotions can get the better of you.

BTC drops, from what I have seen cause most (not all) altcoins to drop in price.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Anybody know what happened to Freshmarket.io ?
Was fine yesterday and today it's not even there.
EDIT: Just been in conctact with the TTC devs and this is what happened.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449796.0
They got hacked allegedly.

ActualAdvice_BTC ‏@ActualAdviceBTC 2m
again, just want to remind everyone that freshmarket got hacked. devs will refund out of own pocket, email them: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431365.msg4947098#msg4947098…

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.