The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Lol.....great, I thought I was the only one that couldn't get it to work. If I am interested in doing alt's, does it make more sense to trade with other users rather than buy BTC and then use the BTC to buy alt's?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Lol.....great, I thought I was the only one that couldn't get it to work. If I am interested in doing alt's, does it make more sense to trade with other users rather than buy BTC and then use the BTC to buy alt's?

Seems like a pain to me, though I've never done it. Coinbase is typically lower than the coinmarketcap.com BTC price. Right now, it's $819 vs $846. They do charge 1% and a 15 cent bank fee, but otherwise, that's reasonable.

I'm doing a full on "know nothing" strategy since, honestly, I don't see how anyone can discern anything valuable from "researching" these coins. I don't see BTC getting x1000 growth (but hey, hold onto one just in case), but maybe one of these alts might. Hell, I think FTC did x150 so far, and I don't think it really has any uses.

Wished I ponied up some bucks back when I first heard about BTC. I thought it was stupid then though, and still think its stupid, but I didn't dabble in any prior bubble before, so why not?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre...exploring-possible-bitcoin-integration-plans/
Google Lets Slip That It's Exploring Possible Bitcoin Integration Plans

To-the-Moon.jpg

http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital...nsation-for-open-source-software-development/

"Another application of Bitcoin that’s gaining traction is as a means of rewarding programmers in open-source software projects.

“The real potential [of Bitcoin], the mass-market potential, is the stuff we are working on with these new projects,” said David Johnston, executive director of BitAngels, a loose network of angel investors that back Bitcoin startups. “It’s where we replace more consumer-facing things, like eTrade or Dropbox ,” he said. “In the next couple of years this next wave of applications will be built on top of Bitcoin.”

Open-source software is often developed by many programmers who volunteer their skills. Some developers have found ways of getting compensation for their work viacrowdfunding on Kickstarter or on BountySource.com, a platform specifically for funding open-source software development.

Mr. Johnston believes that Bitcoin may be another and, possibly, better way of sponsoring open-source development. “It’s a new way to monetize open-source,” he said."

Last edited:

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://www.dailydoge.org/2014/01/dogecoin-price-manipulation/

http://www.dailydoge.org/2014/01/the-wolong-dogecoin-saga-part-2/

"
Who is Wolong?

According to the chat logs, Wolong is a self-taught trader working for the wealthy. He is Chinese but lives in Singapore. He also claims to be relatively poor compared to his employers. He selected Dogecoin because he is working in the best interest of his clients and he sees potential for profit in Dogecoin.

What is Wolong’s plan?

As I mentioned in my previous post, Wolong’s plan is to continue pumping up the price of the stock. He plans to extract his earnings from the Dogecoin market over a period of many years in a slow and controlled fashion which yields him and his investors the most profit.

How does Wolong do this?

I’ll let the chat logs speak for themselves.

He plans to repeat this process at different price points; thereby providing support at those new price points. From here, the price can continue upwards.

The question I have is: what happens when the dumpers start catching on to his tricks?

What do I think?

DISCLAIMER: I am long on Dogecoin

Can it be true? Is some small time trader from China really going to revolutionize the Dogecoin market? I am doubtful. However, I do think his idea makes sense and it seems relatively feasible. I am still skeptical as hell but that does not mean I don’t want it to happen. At this point in time, Wolong is clearly an influential force and I look forward to his next move.
"

http://www.dailydoge.org/2014/01/what-is-next-for-wolong/

What [-wolong-] says ‏@wolongsays43m
#wolong predicts that 1c/Doge is possible but 10c/Doge not! That would match his long term goal of 2000Satoshi/doge! pic.twitter.com/Ug38lI4rlM

What [-wolong-] says ‏@wolongsays46m
Get in under 200! Best 170! http://i.imgur.com/cyT64sn.png #wolong #dogecoin

Daily Doge ‏@DailyDogeNews13h
[-wolong-] is online folks....don't get too excited though...no pumping for the next few days
Be aware that Wollongong is doing everything for his benefit. Know what he does, but don't trust too much of his words. When he says he's gonna pump to x amount, make sure u sell below x amount, becuz u can be sure he's gonna get out beforehand to not be a bag holder.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
ActualAdvice_BTC ‏@ActualAdviceBTC11m
update from wolong's bizarre #dogecoin campaign. Apparently "teaching people how to fish", doge <200 undervalued etc

http://pastebin.com/cFfxW7xh

1. <[-wolong-]> And at that point of time, dogecoin was being traded right down to 26 satoshis
  2. * the_mad_crapper sets mode +z #dogecoin-market
  3. <[-wolong-]> I noticed something on the market, someone is driving prices down artificially
  4. * ChanServ gives channel operator status to randomclown
  5. <SuchWow> fascinating
  6. <[-wolong-]> Which is why I took the opportunity to buy everything, and according to maths statistic and analysis, Dogecoin should be value at 200
  7. --> analiser (~analiser@gateway/tor-sasl/analiser) has joined #dogecoin-market
  8. <-- Deusx_ has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
  9. --> AndChat-359961 (~Deusx@166.170.35.86) has joined #dogecoin-market
  10. <[-wolong-]> That was when hash rate increased to 400 but we are still at all times low, I know that at that point of time, dogecoin is worth 100 satoshis
  1. <[-wolong-]> I'm saying anything under 200 is favorable for me to buy now instead of pushing prices
  2. <[-wolong-]> because anything above 200 is currently overvalued unless the market is crazy and buying all the time with no dumpers
  3. <[-wolong-]> Right now 1000kh/s generates 9 dollars plus, anything under 10 is profitable
  4. <[-wolong-]> That's according to the hash rate where people are willing to spend, the profit where miners generate
  5. * the_mad_crapper gives voice to deadhand
  6. <[-wolong-]> <deadhand> [-wolong-]: Do you know who was artificially depressing the price when it was at 26 satoshis?
  7. <[-wolong-]> no I don't know who but I took the chance to buy before he buys everything up
http://webchat.freenode.net/?nick=Shibe..&channels=#dogecoin&prompt=1

Last edited:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Be aware that Wollongong is doing everything for his benefit. Know what he does, but don't trust too much of his words. When he says he's gonna pump to x amount, make sure u sell below x amount, becuz u can be sure he's gonna get out beforehand to not be a bag holder.

He could be fontas.
ActualAdvice_BTC ‏@ActualAdviceBTC24m
@MittandMoot @coindesk @taariqlewis @MegaCoinTrader nah, the wolf of bitstreet goes to Fontas/Wolong

1. Hyphy ‏@hyphybtc18m
    @ActualAdviceBTC Do you believe him ?
  2. ActualAdvice_BTC ‏@ActualAdviceBTC13m
    @hyphybtc its fontas. but good money to be made if you're finger on the trigger.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I got a chance to ask fontas a question in the btce trollbox (just before he got a 10 year ban a few weeks ago).

I asked him what coin to buy.

He said Doge.

Maybe he wasn't joking.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

http://ethereum.org/ethereum.html

http://www.coindesk.com/ethererum-launches-cryptocurrency-2-0-network/

Ethereum is launching this weekend as a decentralized mining network and software development platform in one, allowing people to create their own altcoins, among other things.

"This Saturday, a group of cryptocurrency advocates will unveil a new system that they hope will rewrite the rules of cryptocurrency.

Officially titled Ethereum, creators are calling it “Cryptocurrency 2.0″. It’s a decentralized mining network and software development platform rolled into one, and it will allow people to create their own altcoins, among other things.

The project, which will be unveiled at the North American Bitcoin Conference, is the brainchild of Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine, who has also been working on competing browser-based wallets Dark Wallet and KryptoKit. He wants new altcoins to be written for, and run on, Ethereum:"

Last edited:

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
How will you be able to buy Ethereum? Any exchanges going to host it?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Damn, Mooncoin really went up. I was only able to get 0.01 BTC worth on Coinedup before it was added to Cryptsy. It's even surpassed EAC. No clue what that means to be honest, but a lot of people were talking about how it was such a good coin.

EAC didn't even get pumped and dumped on Cryptsy. It's staying pretty steady. I think I'll break me rule and continue adding to RPC, MOON, and the other coins Cryptsy added even though they haven't been on for a week. I already have some of each anyway from Coinedup.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
ALERT!!!!! Btc dropping!!!!!

Yeah. I bought some BTC on Coinbase since I could never get instant buy / Visa address verification to work and I want some BTC come the 31st/1st in case the alts start crashing. They're supposed to come in the 30th-31st.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah. I bought some BTC on Coinbase since I could never get instant buy / Visa address verification to work and I want some BTC come the 31st/1st in case the alts start crashing. They're supposed to come in the 30th-31st.
Alts already crashing.

Lesson 2: get out of alts if u are unsure where btc is going

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
This was one of them that was correct for yesterdays movements:
https://twitter.com/Fontase_bter

Damn, 224 BTC. They must have owned a massive amount.

Alts already crashing.
Lesson 2: get out of alts if u are unsure where btc is going

I have more than 100+ alt positions. I break my wrist going into positions; why do it again so soon?

My theory is that for this to pay off, BTC and others have to go mainstream. There's a panic to get into the assets, maybe the average goes up x100, and then I cash out. If not, well, I wasted some money.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Damn, 224 BTC. They must have owned a massive amount.

I have more than 100+ alt positions. I break my wrist going into positions; why do it again so soon?

My theory is that for this to pay off, BTC and others have to go mainstream. There's a panic to get into the assets, maybe the average goes up x100, and then I cash out. If not, well, I wasted some money.

I have about 4, I'm heavily invested in one particular altcoin.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Thanks Alty.

I'm thinking maybe we should do a know-how on Crypto's to help de-mystify things like 'pump and dump' etc.

I think the whole "pump and dump" thing is cyclical anyway. People who bought Mooncoin at its inception/IPO were complaining about it going down x10 from their buy in price (which is like 1,000% down, I don't see how that's possible).

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
It's approaching the weekend and BTC is dropping yet again.... hmmm This "btc is dropping on weekends" thing is really getting to me. I know if I plan for it next weekend we'll see a different scenario haha.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Bought some doge with ltc yesterday. Made 21%, but thought I'd bail out early. Its still on the rise. I've heard some whale is slowly pumping it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.