The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Alright, another, since on com-http.us, there are now 216 coins, and maybe half of these are on an exchange somewhere. Beyond coinmarketcap and cryptmarketcap, is there another market cap ranking site? I don't have experience on the very low end, but I'm sure that a lot of new coins drop off and go to zero.

Just wanted to say something about coinmktcap. There are some coins on there that aren't crypto currency, such as ripple. Ripple is company issued currency, so it's just like fiat currency. But however, it's still a good website to check past data

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Coins like Ripple are centralised because all the coins have been pre mined.

Although they share mostly the same tech, crypto purists would not consider them appropriate for adoption because of their closed source and non-decentralised nature.

On coinmarketcap there is a filter option on the top right, you can use it to get rid of the non-mineable coins. It looks much better without them!

I still check their prices from time to time and love it when they depreciate.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

http://www.pfhub.com/silk-road-bitc...-us-marshal-auction-not-on-open-exchange-304/

http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/sales.htm

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/why-bitcoin-needs-dogecoin/

So many coins launched in 2 weeks. https://cryptocointalk.com/

gangnamstylecoin? crapcoin? :hilarious:

BeZErULCMAEZWbP.jpg:large

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

Crytocointalk seems like a good site for finding really low ballers, it's relatively quiet...

At bitcointalk alt coin section you can put a thread up and in about 10 minutes is no longer on page 1 because the site is so busy.

Look forward to seeing those coins up for auction but I'd be afraid to buy any...

Wouldn't like to worry about the DPR sending heavies out to get revenge on people who bought his coins lol.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Is the guy they caught the real DPR? Seemed too neckbeard and wimpy looking for such an operation :p

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
doge.png
Dogecoin
chart
$41,055,649

1. Dogecoin = Moon ‏@ReservoirDoges1h
    @ActualAdviceBTC @miaoux it's not a natural rise. theres a Chinese dogecoin billionaire pumping it live as we speak. also difficulty halving

2. Dax ‏@miaoux1h
    @ReservoirDoges @actualadvicebtc I said 'natural rise' because it's been going up for 6 days. No crypto pumper has that attention span? ;)

3. ActualAdvice_BTC ‏@ActualAdviceBTC1h
    @miaoux @ReservoirDoges hmm... well theres an 'unnatural' 90 btc support at 94s... maybe the story is right.

http://dogetoday.com/2014/01/the-wolong-plan/

"If you have been following dogecoin markets you must have noticed the recent spike, what’s causing this?
Some say the hype is getting bigger, some say dogecoin was extremely undervalued until now and some say “Wolong”.

Wolong is a rich chinese trader. He appeared 2 days ago on IRC (#dogecoin-market) , telling people that he was gonna drive the price up with big buy orders, seconds later they appeared on Crypsty’s orderbook.
At the moment he is online and talking, I grabbed some screenshots:"

wpid-Screenshot_2014-01-20-02-14-34.png
Q5RIO1E.jpg

Last edited:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
http://alunacrypto.blogspot.nl/2014/01/beginners-guide-margin-trading-bitfinex-exchange.html

"When I first started trading on Bitfinex, I was totally tripping out about how I didn't find out about this platform and trade on it earlier. Trust me, when you start using Bitfinex to Margin Trade, you'll be wondering wtf you've been doing on those exchanges for the last few months. Because that's exactly how I felt, and that's also why I'm so excited to share it with you. Since then, quite a few people have been asking me on Twitter to cover some Margin Trading and Bitfinex trading material. So here goes nothing."

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
"Bitcoin är det mest spännande sedan e-posten" - Bitcoin is the most exciting thing since email
http://internetworld.idg.se/2.1006/1.540262/bitcoin-ar-det-mest-spannande-sedan-e-posten

from Swedish press interview with Tyler Crowley
>> That bitcoin has become mainstream, it is most important and exciting has happened, not only in 2013 but perhaps even since the email. Think of email as digital mail and bitcoin as digital cash - free global transactions in real time. Truly innovative technologies defies human conventions and forces governments and social structures to bend or even break. That is what is so exciting about bitcoin: the more they fight it, the more valuable it becomes.

"att bitcoin har blivit mainstream, är det viktigaste och mest spännande som hänt, inte bara under 2013 utan kanske till och med sedan e-posten. tänk på e-post som digitala brev och bitcoin som digitala pengar – gratis globala transaktioner i realtid. verkligt innovativa teknologier trotsar mänskliga konventioner och tvingar regeringar och samhällsstrukturer att böja sig eller rent av gå sönder. det är det som är så spännande med bitcoin; ju mer de slåss mot det, desto mer värdefullt blir det."

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
It's tempting to go full retard on doge... Go all in. But surely it can't keep climbing at this rate for much longer!

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
It's tempting to go full retard on doge... Go all in. But surely it can't keep climbing at this rate for much longer!
You said that a month ago about the same coin!

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
You said that a month ago about the same coin!

It hasn't yet risen to last months high.

When it does I'll admit I got Doge totally wrong! :p

I started mining it before this recent jump in price and my mining profitability has shot up.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Hey hope everyone had a good weekend. I am not convinced there is a crash coming but who knows. Anyway, we are going to be opening up sales for our mini miner which is our least expensive unit on Friday. You can read a bit more here: http://www.rumatech.us/products/

Please offer up opinions/suggestions. I didn't do the site but I can always pass along info... The site is supposedly temporary (like maybe 2-3 months). Supposed the site is going to be redone later.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Ok Doge, how are you doing this? Why have you not crashed?

Just passed previous all time high.

Such network effect!

Potentially the most epic fallout in all of Alt history is about to happen.

That's what keeps stopping me from pushing the buy button.

Buying something when it is this pumped?

How can I do that?

Buy low, sell high: Doge is higher than the moon right now!

While I've been typing it has risen 5 % ROFL

I guess I'll just have to watch it from the sidelines constantly regretting not buying any and happy with my mined Doge which I'm also getting less of because there is so much power on it now!

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Has anyone looked at historic returns / the charts on cryptos, new & old? I want to setup sell orders on Cryptsy for the long term. I was thinking sell a third each at x10, x100, and x1000, but I'd hate to take profits too soon and/or not sell at all (especially in the last category, but a lot of crap coins are up x1000 this year from when added to coinmarketcap to now).

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Ok Doge, how are you doing this? Why have you not crashed?

Just passed previous all time high.

Such network effect!

Potentially the most epic fallout in all of Alt history is about to happen.

That's what keeps stopping me from pushing the buy button.

Buying something when it is this pumped?

How can I do that?

Buy low, sell high: Doge is higher than the moon right now!

While I've been typing it has risen 5 % ROFL

I guess I'll just have to watch it from the sidelines constantly regretting not buying any and happy with my mined Doge which I'm also getting less of because there is so much power on it now!

I got 295k at 193 so kinda high. I think itll catch up to peer lol.

5c5mZEs.jpg

http://taylorsense.tumblr.com/post/73447014381/why-bitcoin-may-collapse-and-the-currency-that-could

"As a technology and payments expert, I believe that Bitcoin offers many attractive attributes that could allow it to succeed at carving out a niche in the payments ecosystem. However, I also know that the financial markets and general public are woefully uninformed about the weaknesses of Bitcoin… technical and design weaknesses that could ultimately cause it to implode. And that possibility is probably closer than you think. In fact, the Bitcoin network is already straining at the edges. Solutions to some of its problems are possible, but the incentives of users and other participants in the Bitcoin network are not aligned to adopt them. If the currency does collapse, I will argue that other superior versions of cryptocurrency - and there are many - are waiting on the sidelines."

Last edited:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Great read. Pretty much sums up why I'm excited about Bitcoin

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/01/21/bitcoin-platform/

Here's a snippet

"The Bitcoin protocol (crucially distinct from bitcoin, the currency it underlies) was built from the ground up to support far more complex transactions and relationships than simple value transfers. (Example: "Send 5 bitcoins to Steve.") Some of the kinds of transactions that Bitcoin can support include so-called "M of N" transactions, which require agreement between a certain subset of a group, and can be used for escrow, mediation, or shared financial management; time-locked transactions, in which bitcoins are distributed on a strict schedule, useful for trusts or wills; and even data-conditional transactions, in which a script uses a data input such as a regular Google search to monitor real-world events that would automatically trigger disbursements or other actions. More conditional on infrastructure development is the possibility of "smart property," with contracts enforced by digital locks interacting with the Bitcoin blockchain to manage real-world leases, mortgages, and purchase contracts.

All aspects of these transactions would be programmed and automatic, with their transactional integrity guaranteed by the Bitcoin blockchain, constantly vetted by the vast network of 'miners' rewarded for their maintenance work with a stream of bitcoin. In fact, the comparison to Napster is somewhat inaccurate, since Napster used centralized servers to track music sharing, while Bitcoin is entirely distributed. That means loans without banks, contracts without lawyers, and stocks without brokers, executed and recorded across hundreds of servers at all corners of the earth.

Consultant Andreas M. Antonopoulos, echoing a 2012 white paper by software developer J.R. Willett, says that the Bitcoin protocol is to distributed finance what Internet Protocol has been to distributed information. "The blockchain is IP. And through manipulation of that we can build a whole other system." In the same way that IP and the infrastructure of network nodes that make up the Internet now support functions from e-mail to video streaming, the Bitcoin protocol and its miners can support a variety of financial functions. Alternately, Antonopoulos suggests thinking of the 'Bitcoin blockchain as having an API' (application programming interface) that makes its data usable by third parties, in the same way that second-layer services like Buffer or Hootsuite use the Twitter API to present and interact with Twitter data in slightly modified or re-organized forms."

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Hey hope everyone had a good weekend. I am not convinced there is a crash coming but who knows. Anyway, we are going to be opening up sales for our mini miner which is our least expensive unit on Friday. You can read a bit more here: http://www.rumatech.us/products/

Please offer up opinions/suggestions. I didn't do the site but I can always pass along info... The site is supposedly temporary (like maybe 2-3 months). Supposed the site is going to be redone later.
Site looks great. Your private computing systems sound interesting. Will it come with VirtualBox + preconfigured VM chain with pfsense / multi-nested-VPN + tor?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
What do you think of Particle putting an app store in its wallet?

I think so.

There should be more capitalisation of wallet space.

Nothing intrusive but just some quick links to do useful stuff with the coins.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://taylorsense.tumblr.com/post/73447014381/why-bitcoin-may-collapse-and-the-currency-that-could

"As a technology and payments expert, I believe that Bitcoin offers many attractive attributes that could allow it to succeed at carving out a niche in the payments ecosystem. However, I also know that the financial markets and general public are woefully uninformed about the weaknesses of Bitcoin… technical and design weaknesses that could ultimately cause it to implode. And that possibility is probably closer than you think. In fact, the Bitcoin network is already straining at the edges. Solutions to some of its problems are possible, but the incentives of users and other participants in the Bitcoin network are not aligned to adopt them. If the currency does collapse, I will argue that other superior versions of cryptocurrency - and there are many - are waiting on the sidelines."

There is one thing he pointed out about bitcoin that scares me.

The 51% attack. I heard that a new set of miners were going to be shipped in march, and will make previous mining rigs obsolete. Due to this, and the high price of these miners, someone said bitcoin mining would become a commercial thing.

If it does become commercial, and a couple of big miners group up, bitcoin could go down.

If anyone has any insights, please share

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
There is one thing he pointed out about bitcoin that scares me.

The 51% attack. I heard that a new set of miners were going to be shipped in march, and will make previous mining rigs obsolete. Due to this, and the high price of these miners, someone said bitcoin mining would become a commercial thing.

If it does become commercial, and a couple of big miners group up, bitcoin could go down.

If anyone has any insights, please share

I thought some more on this, and I think a 51% attack would be unlikely, due to if they own 51% of future mined btc, they wouldn't want btc to collapse since they would be hurting themselves. And they need to break even on their mining rigs. Hmmm maybe cost outweighs benefit for 51 attack.

If there is close to 51% of mining power in the hands of few, ppl would start mining btc, even at a negative profit just so btc don't collapse.

I just answered my own question lol

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
If somebody does 51% they can double spend for 1 block, the miners would spot the problem before it happened and with the devs they'd isolate it or solve it one way or another.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Site looks great. Your private computing systems sound interesting. Will it come with VirtualBox + preconfigured VM chain with pfsense / multi-nested-VPN + tor?

I'm gonna have to get back to you on this one, as I am not sure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.