The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can I get some feedback?

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
I have recently started a company with the intent of making peoples lives easier. Could any board veterans take two minutes out of your day and give me some feedback on my product?

I felt like I found a real pain in the market and got a lot of positive feedback before creating this product... and I have sold zero. Either I didn't do my due diligence with the market research or I'm doing a terrible job marketing the product. I would truly appreciate the help.

I'm not going to post the site publicly due to the paranoia of someone taking the idea. (Everyone is dying to sell a product that has sold zero units, right? LOL) With that said, if you are interested in providing some feedback, let me know and I will PM you the site.

Thank you all very much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andres.edu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 1, 2015
I have recently started a company with the intent of making peoples lives easier. Could any board veterans take two minutes out of your day and give me some feedback on my product?

I felt like I found a real pain in the market and got a lot of positive feedback before creating this product... and I have sold zero. Either I didn't do my due diligence with the market research or I'm doing a terrible job marketing the product. I would truly appreciate the help.

I'm not going to post the site publicly due to the paranoia of someone taking the idea. (Everyone is dying to sell a product that has sold zero units, right? LOL) With that said, if you are interested in providing some feedback, let me know and I will PM you the site.

Thank you all very much.
How many prospects have you personally contacted?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
$1000.

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
How many people have seen your product/website?
Most of my activity has been face to face. I've been to a couple trade shows and get a ton of interest, but literally haven't sold one unit. Right now I'm trying to figure out the most effective way to get my website in front of people without dumping a ton of money into it.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Most of my activity has been face to face. I've been to a couple trade shows and get a ton of interest, but literally haven't sold one unit. Right now I'm trying to figure out the most effective way to get my website in front of people without dumping a ton of money into it.

Did you do any SEO? Look here: https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

Also, I'd recommend getting an Adwords account (it's free) and do some keyword analysis.

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
"I'm trying to figure out the most effective way to get my website in front of people without dumping a ton of money into it."

I understand looking for an "effective way" but when you state "without dumping a ton of money into it" THIS IS THE WRONG MINDSET!

Why would you consider investing capital (regardless of amount) into your business that, in your words, "I felt like I found a real pain in the market and got a lot of positive feedback before creating this product" as "dumping" money?

That signifies to me that you don' actually believe in your product/service since you wont invest the necessary capital.

If you don't believe in the product/service then why should I, as a consumer, purchase it from you?

- Jesse

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
Jesse, I appreciate your feedback.

The reason I stated I didn't want to dump a ton of money into advertising is because I am on a limited budget at the moment and have literally had 5,000 sets of eyes on my product with zero purchases. While it wasn't online marketing, it showed me that my error may have been in my initial product research and basing my assessment from tire kickers and not necessarily people who would purchase.

No amount of investing into advertising will fix a product that people don't want to purchase. If that is genuinely the case, I'm not going to keep dumping money into ads with zero conversion.

If I'm able to establish some cash flow from a small advertising investment, I will be more than happy to snowball that into a larger advertising budget.

holmig

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 5, 2015
If your idea is so easy to put into action that you are afraid of even mentioning it, it won't make be profitable. Unless its a chemical compound, I'm guessing this idea paranoia comes from a dumb movie you saw. How many people would drop everything they are doing just to pursue your idea?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.