The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Calling on all Fastlaners!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Hey Fastlaners! Most of you know who I am. For those who don't, check out my threads and you can read about the progress I have mad over the past year and a half. I need your help. It will literally only take 10 seconds of your time.

My product, "The Paint Brush Cover", has a chance to make it onto QVC. We are on their website, as of tonight, up against 3 other products in their QVC Sprouts program. The Contest runs for 2 weeks. The Product with the most votes will be featured on their website with the chance to eventually make it onto live TV.

All you have to do is click the link below, then click where it says "make your picks", the click on The Paint Brush Cover.

QVC Sprouts — QVC.com

If you want to help even more, tell your families, friends, enemies, co-workers and anyone else who you can think of. Every vote counts!

Thanks Everyone!!!! Wish me luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
Voted! I seriously wish I would have bought these a couple weeks ago, they would have made a 3 day paint job MUCH easier! :D

Well done!

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Voted for you and sharing with my company's twitter followers. Good luck!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Done, good luck from a fellow N.Y. Giants fan.

Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm a lowly Jets fan. I'm embarrassed to say that. What a disgrace of an organization. Giants are complete opposite.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Bump!

Let's get our fellow fastlaner on QVC.

He promised %30 equity in his business to everyone who votes

(Disclaimer: NO he didn't but you should still vote because you could be in the same position tomorrow)

Ãœbertreffen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 17, 2012
^^

Exactly. No reason why people shouldn't be showing support.

I was looking at the other products and it was funny how with little time I found out sources for the dog collar (#1). There are different variations of it but that just tells me how much availability of customization I could do with it very easily. It's also on markets such as eBay and being whored out through them as well. I'm surprised QVC was interested in it. I deal with circuit boards and LED's and it would cost next to nothing to replicate. Not that I'm interested or would condone such actions but it would be a waste of time anyway as it seems it is already out in the market. With no sense of control or regulation.

I understand these aren't just freshly new items to the market. However, when there's no control of who's selling it and from where (plenty of China suppliers as well), it just yells red flag to me.

#2 - I didn't really look at it at all but they pretty much just repackaged the idea and made a common item into a seasonal one due to sticking it to the Holiday theme. Obviously they can change and repackage the design but I just don't see the point. Remote switches for lights or other accessories is nothing new. You don't need to reinvent the wheel but again it's pointless. There are Christmas lights out there that have remotes to turn lights on off, especially LED lights. Bulbs are the same, yet they have even more control to change colors, brightness, sequence, etc.

I don't mention anything else aside from the lights as that is their focal point. Most electronics have on/off switches anymore so not even going to touch on it.

#3 - Gross, haha. Don't care to even elaborate on it. I think they have files out there. If not, it's called a disc wheel and some sand paper. Joking of course. :p

Obviously they are providing you with the tool. This is the less interesting one out of the bunch for me personally as I would never purchase or use it.

#4 - Need I go further? Just vote.

- Devin

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Done......up against LED dog collars may be tough; but those are out on the market already.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Thanks Everyone! And TheTruth - We had a deal that only you would get 30%! Now you have to share with everyone! LOL

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Voted earlier today bud. It's cool seeing your story unfold. Good luck.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Thanks Everyone! And TheTruth - We had a deal that only you would get 30%! Now you have to share with everyone! LOL

lol, Don't worry man, I know that my 30% doesn't matter unless you make it big on QVC and we need everyone on here to help make that happen.

What I am doing right now is just blowing smoke and mirrors and posting pipe dreams... when The Paint Brush Cover makes it big, I am taking my 30% and either:

A) Living on my own island while telling maids to hire more maids because I got tired of opening my own doors in the house...that I don't use. "Because I Can" if you will ;)

or

B) Playing chess and probably loosing badly to Bernie Madoff

Only time will tell (Maybe I can get Globalwealth in on my scheme), but let's get you public first and foremost.

(P.s. Now that I made this public, people will think I am kidding, so I have planted the seed very well)

kraze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Aug 1, 2011
If it is not against their TOS you should enlist the help of folks on mturk to do your voting because your method of soliciting votes seems rather "slow lane". Now I'm sure they monitor the ip's of people voting so just ensure they're from the States.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Very important.....

New Fastlane rule....

Vote for The Paint Brush Cover now or.....

MJ is issuing you the :ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2:

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Just voted.

Agreed with the comment above - using MTurk or similar would help shift the balance in your favor. You should check their regulations, and if it doesn't say anywhere about incentivizing votes, then you should be in the clear.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Just voted.

Agreed with the comment above - using MTurk or similar would help shift the balance in your favor. You should check their regulations, and if it doesn't say anywhere about incentivizing votes, then you should be in the clear.

I looked into that and didn't see it say anywhere that you couldn't do it. Hope Likwid looked into it, we mentioned it to him when he first told the forum about the opportunity.

btw... looks like the two torontonians are up late yet again? .... people will think we actually do work :p

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Voted.

That's so cool. Even if you don't win you'll definitely be successful. You've found a need, made a good product, busted down the barriers to entry and you own your product.

Speed++ to you, for the millionth time.

(Also, if I can get your apologies, I voted for the dog collar thing too since I think it's necessary for any dog walkers who do it at night.)

EDIT: We have a third Toronto cat up late. Not working on the biz but studying for finals. Yay structured education...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.