The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying youtube accounts

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
I recently read an article posted on the forum about a kid named William Wolfram who created deal dash .com but before he did that he was buying people's youtube accounts that had a bunch of views and subscribers and then would do affiliate marketing with business to generate money.

I really like this idea and I've been trying to do it myself. I've tried to contact some people on you tube with a good amount of views on their videos and offered to buy them but no one is messaging me back. Is there a certain way to do this to get them to respond?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
I don't think you should be buying there accounts. Maybe pay them a % monthly to include a link in the description. If the link is removed, stop paying.

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Create a webcam video. Make it 'private' and tag them in it. Then message them with the link (test this out with a dummy account to make sure you're doing it right.) In the video give them your proposal. Make sure to give your reasons.

Hmm, that's a pretty good idea. What would be good to say? How can I make myself sound professional?

CigarMan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 24, 2013
I recently read an article posted on the forum about a kid named William Wolfram who created deal dash .com but before he did that he was buying people's youtube accounts that had a bunch of views and subscribers and then would do affiliate marketing with business to generate money.

I really like this idea and I've been trying to do it myself. I've tried to contact some people on you tube with a good amount of views on their videos and offered to buy them but no one is messaging me back. Is there a certain way to do this to get them to respond?

There are a lot of people doing this but it was only really profitable when software to find these accounts first came out and was not widely available.

I recently got a message from somebody who wanted to rent the description in one of my videos, PM if you want me to send it to you!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Create a webcam video. Make it 'private' and tag them in it. Then message them with the link (test this out with a dummy account to make sure you're doing it right.) In the video give them your proposal. Make sure to give your reasons.

Wow man.. I love this idea. I have been pondering the best way to contact major vloggers and I think you just helped me with a valuable solution! I will speed+ you when I'm back at the pc tomorrow morning. (on Tapatalk mobile now).

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
So instead of buying the accounts, I'm going to offer to pay them a monthly fee to use that space where their description is at. The only thing is, is that I've already sent a couple of messages and its really hard to not make it sound like a scam.

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach these people about paying them that monthly fee and what to say?

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Here's something that I came up with that sounds pretty good.

"Hi my name is Nick and I am a Marketing Executive affiliated with (example website.com). I am in charge of generating traffic to (example website.com).

The reason I'm messaging you is that your videos have a lot of views and we would like to have those people viewing your videos to come to our site. So what we would like to do is to pay you a monthly fee via PayPal and for that monthly fee that we pay you, you insert a link to our site under your video in the description.

If you're interested, please return my message here or you can email me at examplemail@example.com or call me at 111-222-3333.

I hope to hear from you soon!

-Nick"

ToonMike

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 8, 2013
There are a lot of people doing this but it was only really profitable when software to find these accounts first came out and was not widely available.

I recently got a message from somebody who wanted to rent the description in one of my videos, PM if you want me to send it to you!

That's awesome I never thought about doing that. I should charge people on Fiverr or something to place their links in my videos

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Also could test the low-key non "I'm a CEO" or whatever approach: "Hey what's up I love your videos, actually I'm building a site in the dogs playing checkers area and your dogs playing checkers video page on Youtube would be a great way I could let people know about it, would you be interested in potentially selling your Youtube account to me//potentially renting the space below the video to me?"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.