The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another self publishing progress thread.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Ok have just hired my first ghostwriter. It's a complete paint by numbers so if it works out, I will be outsourcing all of the non-technical writing (about 1/3 of each book) to others. Also it's the bit that takes up most of the time, so I'm hoping that it will cut my book writing in this genre to one week a month. Obviously completely unrealistic, but even 2 weeks is better than now, where I'm working in and not on my business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Jeez, it's been a while, but am still at it. This is just a quick note...will do a detailed update soon. The books have been going steady and I have started to try to make 'Ingram-Spark' work for me....but not much news there yet, it's infinitely more complicated than Amazon. I have also started a side business teaching self-publishing. That's early days but seems to be going well so far.

Anyway must get back to writing now but will be more active on this forum again from now on.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Hey Aimee, thanks for reading. I'm terrible with updates but do follow other's progress threads diligently. What do you think about the course on getting your books translated...as an author do you think that would be something you would be interested in? If I do it I'll obviously try to get you a free coupon, Just interested in whether this is something authors are looking to get done properly.

Thanks

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Heh, sorry to hear that, and thank you for posting this. I had literally JUST put two books out there, and after losing sleep over whether to put them under a new pen or not, I decided to do so. They're not like my brand of the book, but they are still books and could be useful if they make money. Good luck on building your brand bigger.
Hi, yes I think you made the right decision to be honest. If your present audience buys your new 'new style' book and then starts to 'hate' on it then it can be difficult to get out of that; especially with the non-fiction.
I released the second book for the new pen name and people (in one country) really don't like it. They may have gone easier if i used my original pen name as they love that stuff but I'm glad i didn't do that, if only so i don't worry about messing up all my hard work so far.
Same as you I still think you should release them though...it's still money and great market research. Please let us know how it goes; I'll check over on your thread.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Hi, quick update.
Won the allstars again but this time only one of them and it was a lot smaller than before. Still nice though. I have now almost finished the UDEMI 'translate your book' course and will probably release it next week. Let me know if you want a free copy....I think that's possible, I'm not too sure how it works. Books are going ok but definitely need to move into a new genre...and this time I mean it! I just can't scale with the current genre in kindle. Side business is going ok, it just needs some TLC, there's definitely a market for it.

Funke

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 7, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
That is very nice of you.

I wonder where you can hire a trusted translator, how much does it cost per word and which languages are worth it?
I guess it is good to start with those countries that are listed in KDP. I've seen someone doing very well in Brazil.

4) release the paper version of the bundle at the same time as the bundled ebook.
How do you release a paper bundle?
I've seen that for Kindle version people just make it all in one Word .doc. How do you bundle the paper technically?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.