The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another internet marketer speeding up on the Fastlane...

apax999

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 3, 2013
NY
Hey folks,

For the last 5-6 years I've been self-employed as an internet/affiliate marketer and have done in the low 8 figures of revenue with a decent ROI on that. Needless to say, it's provided nicely. I have outsourced developing and design teams in place, custom tracking, excellent relationships with the major networks, an array of servers and a landing page and creatives collection that's, well, pretty big. With the exception of my first 3 months out of college, I've never worked for anyone else and never plan to.

I'm late 20's, based out of NY. Been reading though lots of threads here recently, and just about finished with MJ's book. I'm a former WickedFire member before that forum went downhill (invisible777), and someone looking to pivot their business and income into a new direction--which brings me here.

I wouldn't give myself the distinction of being a fastlaner just yet, but I seem to be riding along on the shoulder of the highway with the fastlaners--not quite on it, but hopefully close.

Internet marketing is very volatile. It's a job where you need to jump from niche to niche and be constantly improving and competing with existing and new affiliates. Regulations are getting tough here in the US w/ regards to marketing copy and landing pages, and US publishers have to compete with guys in small countries on the other side of the planet running un-compliant marketing and buying up all the traffic and conversions.

It's come time for me to make this a side-job while I focus on a true fastlane business. Being married now, and with our first on the way, I would love to spend the next 5-6 months establishing a new stream of income.

That being said, I'm looking to pivot in 1 or more of these 3 directions:

- buy an existing online business on flippa, bizbuysell etc. my (very general) criteria would be for it to be a membership based site that I can turn into/improve a CPA offer and expand the user base. The niche doesn't really matter so long as it shows business potential. Would love to experiment with flipping online properties... buy a membership based site w/ recurring rev, build a CPA offer on it, blow up the user base, then re-sell it 12 months later with the increased base.

- supplements. I know how to push other people's products, might be time to source and push my own. I looked into this years ago after the "Acai boom" -- but payment processing back then was hard to come by and sketchy to say the least (you would need a bank account in Cyprus or Bali--no thanks). I think now that rebills are mostly gone and most models have moved to a cost per sale payment processing should be a little easier to secure (if anyone has recommendations I'm all ears).

- turn-key real estate rentals (e.g. buy already rented out properties in "cheap" areas like Memphis using conventional financing for a potential 15-20% /year cash on cash returns...easier said then done, sure, but there is potential once you own 50+ properties). Been in talks with some providers. The power of REI has always interested me.

Anyway, if you made it this far thanks for reading! Look forward to joining in on the discussions going on. If anyone needs some advice on internet/affiliate marketing feel free to ask would be happy to help.

$$$

-apax

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Welcome to the Forum. Is really a great place... Great people.

You know....they're giving away properties here in MI...Detroit anyway.:thumbsup:

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Welcome!

I can't wait to hear more about your past experience and watch you in your next venture :)

Kano

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 29, 2013
Have you ever considered network marketing?

I've been online for 2-3 years also, and have done pretty much everything you can think of.

Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money, but like you said - it can be extremely volatile.

It wasn't until I got into network marketing and focused on building my business (within a business) that my income became constant and reliable.

If you've had success with affiliate marketing (CPA, Clickbank, Media Buys, etc), then I urge you to take a look at network marketing opportunities and apply the skills you've learned towards it. It may just be the answer you're looking for.

apax999

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 3, 2013
NY

I've been online for 2-3 years also, and have done pretty much everything you can think of.

Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money, but like you said - it can be extremely volatile.

It wasn't until I got into network marketing and focused on building my business (within a business) that my income became constant and reliable.

If you've had success with affiliate marketing (CPA, Clickbank, Media Buys, etc), then I urge you to take a look at network marketing opportunities and apply the skills you've learned towards it. It may just be the answer you're looking for.

Kano -

Are you referring to running a biz opp and/or pyramid MLM?

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
You must like being a pawn.

OP: best of luck to you! Remember those skills you have hones can VERY easily transfer over to much less competitive industries.

Kano

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 29, 2013
Kano -

Are you referring to running a biz opp and/or pyramid MLM?

It's a business opportunity with a unique compensation plan (MLM).

I'm actually advertising here on this website, on the home page. The sidebar banner that says "I Made $710,000 in 28 Days With BIM".

You must like being a pawn.

OP: best of luck to you! Remember those skills you have hones can VERY easily transfer over to much less competitive industries.

It sounds like you're coming from a scarce perspective. MLM opportunities (the right ones), can be VERY lucrative. As of right now, I'm #4 out of the hundreds of thousands that are signed up to the company I'm working with.

The point I wanted to make was FOCUSING on one thing can wreak tremendous benefits. I used to jump from one thing to another, create product after product, sell service after service. What I've stumbled upon, is building a business or finding a business you can create a business within (MLM), can create wealth FAST.

If you want to make it BIG online, I believe you need a few things:

1) An automated system (automation is key).
2) Traffic

These 2 factors are my main focus. The results speak for itself.

There's pawns, and leaders in every opportunity, you decide which role you want to play.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA

Oh man..

OP: Congrats on your success, welcome to the forum. Tons of great threads on REI here.

Kano

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 29, 2013
Oh man..

OP: Congrats on your success, welcome to the forum. Tons of great threads on REI here.

I had the same perspective before I got involved. But hey, you can't knock it if you haven't tried it. I've only been in ONE Network Marketing company and I achieved MASSIVE success fast. With that being said, I don't plan on joining any other Network Marketing opportunities - because I believe FOCUS is the key to success.

apax999

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 3, 2013
NY
It's a business opportunity with a unique compensation plan (MLM).

I'm actually advertising here on this website, on the home page. The sidebar banner that says "I Made $710,000 in 28 Days With BIM".

Kano -

Happy to hear you, or someone you know, banked $700k in a month--was not clear who you were referring to. That's impressive and I'm very happy for you/them.

That being said, I view MLMs as incredibly risky ventures and borderline scams and typically only the people who got in early will make the big money. To me, that's not really a business model.

It sounds like you were very early in being #4, so well done. Could person #675,000 expect as much success? Unlikely if not impossible. MLM makes me think of 2 things: Utah, and the time period circa 2006 w/ all the autosurf/HYIP ponzi schemes like 12dailypro/moneymakergroup etc.

Out of curiosity I began watching the BIM video but it bored me and reeked of MLM to be perfectly honest. The internet marketer in me did not see the hook and I x'ed out.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Why is this MLM shit suddenly allowed on here?

eStan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 29, 2013
Hey apax,

First of all congrats on your success! As I understand you made your money solely as an affiliate which is very impressive, few people achieve 8 figures in revenue being affiliates. You must have some great work ethic and I'm sure you had your 16 hour days to make that kind of money. I'm in the same industry though still far from these numbers.

Now this is just my opinion but your best bet would probably be a supplement business. With your experience as a super affiliate and relationships with the networks you could really hit a homerun. I'm sure you know how much advertisers make. I mean look at Force Factor or Sensa, 9 figure brands. Skincare ain't too shabby either. This could turn into your next 8 figures :)

P.S. Maybe you should consider doing an AMA. I'm sure your experience would help many of us on this forum.

apax999

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 3, 2013
NY
Hey apax,

First of all congrats on your success! As I understand you made your money solely as an affiliate which is very impressive, few people achieve 8 figures in revenue being affiliates. You must have some great work ethic and I'm sure you had your 16 hour days to make that kind of money. I'm in the same industry though still far from these numbers.

Now this is just my opinion but your best bet would probably be a supplement business. With your experience as a super affiliate and relationships with the networks you could really hit a homerun. I'm sure you know how much advertisers make. I mean look at Force Factor or Sensa, 9 figure brands. Skincare ain't too shabby either. This could turn into your next 8 figures :)

P.S. Maybe you should consider doing an AMA. I'm sure your experience would help many of us on this forum.

Hey Stan,

Thanks! And yeah, plenty of long work days. Sitting at the computer so long and being "zoned in" really takes a toll on you mentally and physically.

I definitely will do an AMA thread. I see there is already another very popular one started by another internet marketer, so I don't want to start a redundant thread. But I'll try to think of a unique angle for an AMA.

And thanks for the advice re: supplements. I'm leaning that way, and speaking to payment processors.

Have a nice weekend!

eStan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 29, 2013
Hey Stan,

Thanks! And yeah, plenty of long work days. Sitting at the computer so long and being "zoned in" really takes a toll on you mentally and physically.

I definitely will do an AMA thread. I see there is already another very popular one started by another internet marketer, so I don't want to start a redundant thread. But I'll try to think of a unique angle for an AMA.

And thanks for the advice re: supplements. I'm leaning that way, and speaking to payment processors.

Have a nice weekend!

Sounds great! The other AMA regarding affiliate marketing was started a while ago and the guy stopped answering after a couple of days. I don't think you need another angle, your expertise will be much appreciated here. But I guess you should maybe ask MJ about it.

Best of luck on your new ventures!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...