The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After watching this, my brain went lucid!

Marketing, social media, advertising

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I just came across Eben Pagan's new product launch and the free 50 minute prelaunch video can be the most accurate reply to many landing page/copywriting questions on this forum.
He goes through 37 sites, spotting their mistakes and making suggestions for improvement to get their message across, quickly and clearly to the visitor.

Ultimately your site must address 3 questions as quickly as possible (from the visitor's perspective):

1. What is it?
2. What is it talking about?
3. What do I get?

Definitely worth watching: http://launch.ebenpagan.com/accelerate/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

karmazon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 12, 2012
Orange County, Ca
It seems so easy the way he presents it. It's almost funny how most people fail at these simple things, but then of course I'm one of those people too. I'm gonna have to really tinker with my website now.

cashis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 22, 2014
The main take-away points are included in MJ's book, but seeing real examples with in-depth explanation reinforced them in my mind. It's worth a watch, IMO. Don't really appreciate forcing me to subscribe to yet another newsletter before watching, but who knows, maybe they'll contain some useful information. Gotta get dem emails.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Don't really appreciate forcing me to subscribe to yet another newsletter before watching, but who knows, maybe they'll contain some useful information. Gotta get dem emails

Really dude? :wideyed: it wouldn't be fair for me to post the direct link and disregard his work on putting together a 50 minute video with great information in it. And you can unsubscribe at any time but Eben doesn't usually spam you with useless stuff like the typical marketer would do. I watched it twice actually.

cashis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 22, 2014
Really dude? :wideyed: it wouldn't be fair for me to post the direct link and disregard his work on putting together a 50 minute video with great information in it. And you can unsubscribe at any time but Eben doesn't usually spam you with useless stuff like the typical marketer would do. I watched it twice actually.

I understand that, and I thank you for posting this video.
I would have subscribed anyway after watching it, but I don't like having to subscribe before I can see the content and decide if he really does provide something valuable, or I'm just giving away my e-mail to someone who will just send promotions.

For the record, I wasn't asking you to post the direct link, just that from experience those sub forms are usually a red flag for me.

Last edited:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I understand that, and I thank you for posting this video.
I would have subscribed anyway after watching it, but I don't like having to subscribe before I can see the content and decide if he really does provide something valuable, or I'm just giving away my e-mail to someone who will just send promotions.
For the record, I wasn't asking you to post the direct link, just that from experience those sub forms are usually a red flag for me.

I don't know why,but this reminds me of the old saying "ask for it and she won't give it, take it and she won't complain" :D
by the way whenever you don't wanna use your real email, you can use a disposable email service like 10minutemail.com or have an email account just for newsletters. Glad it didn't disappoint :)

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
People using gmail, add a special folder and set a filter for e-mails sent to youremail+marketingstuff@gmail.com to get redirected to that folder and not show on inbox

When subscribing to this kind of things, use that e-mail: youremail+marketingstuff@gmail.com

You'll get your e-mails on your regular e-mail, filtered to that folder where you can check for anything worth reading whenever you have the time.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
What I got from this was that you don't NEED perfect, you just need them to give benefit of the doubt so you can get them directly to content.

Here are some takeaways
- Get to the second impression
- Be direct enough that they will review or recieve your content
- Have it ready to scan, and have it available
- Get out of their way, drop the fancy wish wash, and give some clear points they can get to

You don't need to communicate everything on first impression, just enough to get a second impression and get the process started. Just like a good icebreaker or conversation starter.

Personally I like to communicate openess, warmth, and something to get excited about. You cannot expect a customer to know you from a bar of soap when they first meet you, so just think how you would prefer to be treated by a stranger or business, and make that first contact as deliscious, easy, and spontaneous as you can.

If I were to add something, I would add that you want to address people who USUALLY connect with you on the topic by identifying what the key signals are in your communications and having them comfortably available and highlighted for the quick scan (so they are given the choice to engage in one of their favorite topics).

An example might be a restaurant:
We have take-away, get your mouth watering with our special of the day "the mega burger", try our in house coffee

You appeal to the spontanaity of the passerby, whilst you simultaneously are using the same language that your key customers connect with and can take information from. It also tells people what to expect and makes them feel welcome and able to enter and make a purchase that suits their needs.
Fast food joints absolutely mastered this.

Last edited:

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
use "site:" on google to circumvent signups, just look for the video, in anyways here it is..

[mod removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
use "site:" on google to circumvent signups, just look for the video, in anyways here it is..
direct_link_removed

that's not smart, neither funny. it's like sharing direct download links on blackhat forums. have some respect for the work they put in to give you that knowledge.

Last edited:

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
People using gmail, add a special folder and set a filter for e-mails sent to youremail+marketingstuff@gmail.com to get redirected to that folder and not show on inbox

This works as well, I actually have an entire seperate email account that I use for anything like this. I do in fact check it from time to time as well, but you can really tell which companies/businesses/etc are filling up most of the space. If I have one takeaway from this it's that when I have an email list I send stuff to, don't go overboard. Send them relevant information (ie. give them value) and they will respond accordingly.

Thanks for posting the video!! Crazy what you can find in exchange for an email these days. I was more than happy to give that guy my email.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I watched this video also and liked it quite a bit. Watching him critique everything was very awesome!

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Accelerate 2014 Hangout

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I signed in (by adding my email address) but they put me on a waiting list. They don't have this video on youtube?

I found that video again from a search that I did on his site - I know I'm evil ;) : http://launch.ebenpagan.com/accelerate/the-program/waiting-list/thanks/
I have been searching to find it again since then, so this time I think I'm gonna put it on youtube later with a link back to his waiting-list page of course.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I just have a screen that says I'm on waiting list! lol

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Eben is ill. He is running 3 separate launch campaigns at the same time. First he offers a free DVD (if you cover the shipping). Then he asks you which problem do you want information about. I think it was growing business, productivity, or starting a biz from scratch. He then has you enter your info (that may have came at an earlier step) and then he asks for payment.

Depending on the problem you had, you will then get an email sequence about it. I am getting promotions for guru mastermind in one of my seed email accounts and promotions for Accelerate in another.

This is a process worth modeling, it's called evergreen launches.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I found that video again from a search that I did on his site
Shit yeah, this vid has come up multiple times in some of my mastermind calls and no one seems to be able to find it. Thank you TONS

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I'm currently uploading it on Youtube at

It may take a little while to upload because the video is pretty big (533MB), so be patient.

All rights & credits to http://launch.ebenpagan.com/accelerate

Last edited:

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
Eben is ill. He is running 3 separate launch campaigns at the same time. First he offers a free DVD (if you cover the shipping). Then he asks you which problem do you want information about. I think it was growing business, productivity, or starting a biz from scratch. He then has you enter your info (that may have came at an earlier step) and then he asks for payment.

Depending on the problem you had, you will then get an email sequence about it. I am getting promotions for guru mastermind in one of my seed email accounts and promotions for Accelerate in another.

This is a process worth modeling, it's called evergreen launches.

This is what I want to learn to do. It seems like such a good way to market a product/service.

Last edited:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
This is what I want to learn to do. It seems like such a good way to market a product/service.

You want to learn how to do evergreen launches?

If so, you first need to find one product that sells well and get that process nailed.

What Eben is doing is basically the product launch formula... 3 "free tutorials" and 1 tutorial/sales video.

Once you get that working for one product, you survey your buyers to find out what else they need and create another product funnel based on feedback.

Now your goal is to get a lead in your funnel for one product, and after they buy it say... hey you may also be having this other problem... check out these free videos I made to help you out. (then the pitch begins all over again for that product)

All this ofc is easier said then done.

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
You want to learn how to do evergreen launches?

If so, you first need to find one product that sells well and get that process nailed.

What Eben is doing is basically the product launch formula... 3 "free tutorials" and 1 tutorial/sales video.

Once you get that working for one product, you survey your buyers to find out what else they need and create another product funnel based on feedback.

Now your goal is to get a lead in your funnel for one product, and after they buy it say... hey you may also be having this other problem... check out these free videos I made to help you out. (then the pitch begins all over again for that product)

All this ofc is easier said then done.

I actually bought Jeff Walker's tripwire, his book called Launch, which is a Launch for his PLF course in itself (It's launch-ception) and I've been studying and trying to extract as much useful information from it as I can. From what I've learned it seems like one of the safest ways to start a business though it is a F*ck-ton of work and the earnings you can generate from it start out extremely gradually if you don't have a list, but could potentially grow into something massive if you stick with it and do ever-green launches.

One thing to note is that this business model is heavily reliant on the "Give value FIRST and reap rewards later" motto. (More or less what MJ said in his book, Icecreamkid, and zen say.) This is essentially the backbone to the Product Launch Formula, and it's a pretty neat online marketing strategy which I literally see everywhere. Hell, there are a couple big players in my niche that I really want to get into that more or less do a modified version of it. In fact, Dane Maxwell's foundation marketing strategy is a heavily modified version of it!

As someone else on the forum said, not sure where I read this, Jeff is one sneaky bastard. You can learn more from following and modelling the whole free book trip-wire PLF process than you can from the damned book itself.

Frank Kern is among one of the few launch product gurus too and he's doing the exact same trip-wire thing as Jeff.

Who knows if what I learn from this book will come in handy even if I don't do a launch with a list. It's some really clever marketing if you ask me. Honestly it's mind-blowing how good these guys are at social engineering and getting people to feel like they MUST buy from you.

Sorry for rambling, this stuff just fascinates me. If anything I truly think that doing a launch product will be my official entry strategy into the business world, but I'd like to build capital with it and move onto something bigger, or not. Time will tell!

Last edited:

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Personally I have learned to love giving a specific email out to lists that will provide value on an area of interest. For two main reasons. 1) The good ones will actually add value 2) it's a great free way to study copy writing and use it later yourself.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
I actually bought Jeff Walker's tripwire, his book called Launch, which is a Launch for his PLF course in itself (It's launch-ception) and I've been studying and trying to extract as much useful information from it as I can. From what I've learned it seems like one of the safest ways to start a business though it is a F*ck-ton of work and the earnings you can generate from it start out extremely gradually if you don't have a list, but could potentially grow into something massive if you stick with it and do ever-green launches.

One thing to note is that this business model is heavily reliant on the "Give value FIRST and reap rewards later" motto. (More or less what MJ said in his book, Icecreamkid, and zen say.) This is essentially the backbone to the Product Launch Formula, and it's a pretty neat online marketing strategy which I literally see everywhere. Hell, there are a couple big players in my niche that I really want to get into that more or less do a modified version of it. In fact, Dane Maxwell's foundation marketing strategy is a heavily modified version of it!

As someone else on the forum said, not sure where I read this, Jeff is one sneaky bastard. You can learn more from following and modelling the whole free book trip-wire PLF process than you can from the damned book itself.

Frank Kern is among one of the few launch product gurus too and he's doing the exact same trip-wire thing as Jeff.

Who knows if what I learn from this book will come in handy even if I don't do a launch with a list. It's some really clever marketing if you ask me. Honestly it's mind-blowing how good these guys are at social engineering and getting people to feel like they MUST buy from you.

Sorry for rambling, this stuff just fascinates me. If anything I truly think that doing a launch product will be my official entry strategy into the business world, but I'd like to build capital with it and move onto something bigger, or not. Time will tell!

I mentioned this in another post, but all these guys are doing is modeling old school direct marketers techniques. Those low cost book "trip wires" are called self liquidating offers.

They are used to offset the cost of marketing and make sure that you have buyers on your list, as opposed to a tire kickers or freebie seekers.

In fact, I was just reading "THEE BOOK" that got most of these guys started. It's called "How to make 4k day sitting at your kitchen table in your underwear" by Jeff Paul and Dan Kennedy, when they had a company called JPDK.

If you listen to most of the gurus origin stories, you will hear how they saw an ad for this "book", bought it and that was how their careers got started.

Even though they paid for it, what it really is... is a 43 page sales letter that tells you "what" the business model is, but not "how" to do it. You gotta fork over $297 or $497 for that info.

Pretty much what these gurus are doing today.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Updated Link of the video:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.