The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Thread Complete with Questions for MJ

Deeraw

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2015
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
Hey all, if this type of thread is frowned upon by the admins, feel free to delete it.

I am currently in the middle of rereading TMF (the pages are covered in notes and annotations) and am a frequent lurker here in the forums. I always find that MJ's posts in the threads are filled with really good points as well as wisdom and experience, and was just wondering if it would be possible to have a thread dedicated with questions toward MJ himself.

I don't mean pointless questions like, 'MJ should I drop out?!' and 'MJ what do you think of business idea xyz?'.

I mean thought-provoking questions for him that go beyond that. A few of mine are...

1. Have you ever felt that there was a time where maybe entrepreneurship wasn't for you?
  2. How did you overcome it?
  3. Who were your role models as you traveled your entrepreneurial journey? Was it solely the man you met when you saw your first Lamborghini at such a young age?
  4. What does your mother say, now that you are where you are today? (I bet she doesn't tell you to get a job anymore ;))
I'm sure I will have plenty more in time. I'm interested to observe the questions that everybody has and his responses as well, and believe we can all take something away from his life experiences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have you ever felt that there was a time where maybe entrepreneurship wasn't for you?

Nope.

How did you overcome it?

N/A.

Who were your role models as you traveled your entrepreneurial journey? Was it solely the man you met when you saw your first Lamborghini at such a young age?

Anyone who appeared to have the good life and wrote their own way. Money was really secondary, I was attracted to the freedom of working when I wanted to work. Even the pizza shop owner was a role model because he was in business for himself. Just being able to have a business that paid the bills and allowed me to save was the foremost objective.

Was it solely the man you met when you saw your first Lamborghini at such a young age?

That was the event the paved a fork in the road, an event the allowed me to question beliefs accepted as fact.

What does your mother say, now that you are where you are today? (I bet she doesn't tell you to get a job anymore

My mother used to work for me so no, she doesn't say "get a job" any longer.

Nowadays however my mother is much older and sadly, doesn't really take an interest in my life because she feels my life is set with zero challenges, and that I've ridden off into the sunset. As far as I know, she has no clue how my book and my work has impacted so many. At the summit, I was really proud that I had at countless people tell me, "you've changed my life" -- that is warming to the soul-- but sadly, I doubt my mother even is aware.

Anyhow, nice to hear you are reading the book a second time.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Nope.

N/A.

Anyone who appeared to have the good life and wrote their own way. Money was really secondary, I was attracted to the freedom of working when I wanted to work. Even the pizza shop owner was a role model because he was in business for himself. Just being able to have a business that paid the bills and allowed me to save was the foremost objective.

That was the event the paved a fork in the road, an event the allowed me to question beliefs accepted as fact.

My mother used to work for me so no, she doesn't say "get a job" any longer.

Nowadays however my mother is much older and sadly, doesn't really take an interest in my life because she feels my life is set with zero challenges, and that I've ridden off into the sunset. As far as I know, she has no clue how my book and my work has impacted so many. At the summit, I was really proud that I had at countless people tell me, "you've changed my life" -- that is warming to the soul-- but sadly, I doubt my mother even is aware.

Anyhow, nice to hear you are reading the book a second time.

You will never even know the full impact of how you deciding to pay it forward has impacted the lives of thousands.

And to anyone that comes behind you...

Do you really want to thank MJ DeMarco?

Here's a tip.

The BEST WAY to thank MJ DeMarco is to follow his lead and pay it forward by impacting as many people as you possibly can with your life and your message of freedom.

It's NOT enough to thank MJ at a forum meetup, or in a post.

True gratitude will result in emulation. In passing on to other people the freedom you have learned.

The ripple effect of casting a stone, and that stone causing several tiers of impact.

You want to thank MJ? Then become something, and then bring up other people.

I taught a class of MBA students last year about disruptive entrepreneurial innovation. Why? MJ's book. People he never met got a glimpse of freedom... not because of me, but because of him. Because of the stone he threw in the water, and it's ripple effects that he will never see.

One of the failed U.S. presidential candidates had an interesting catch phrase, as he wanted to empower everyone with the "right to rise."

Pay it forward.

the-ripple-effect.jpg

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
You will never even know the full impact of how you deciding to pay it forward has impacted the lives of thousands.

Here's a tip.

The BEST WAY to thank MJ DeMarco is to follow his lead and pay it forward by impacting as many people as you possibly can with your life and your message of freedom.

True gratitude will result in emulation. In passing on to other people the freedom you have learned.

The ripple effect of casting a stone, and that stone causing several tiers of impact.

I taught a class of MBA students last year about disruptive entrepreneurial innovation. Why? MJ's book. People he never met got a glimpse of freedom... not because of me, but because of him. Because of the stone he threw in the water, and it's ripple effects that he will never see.

One of the failed U.S. presidential candidates had an interesting catch phrase, as he wanted to empower everyone with the "right to rise."

Pay it forward.

the-ripple-effect.jpg

I just have to give you Rep+ for this :)

I usually don't talk about my goals in details, but what you wrote about is on my top 3 list since I finished reading TMF .

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
Reminds me of a time I broke down having ran out of fuel. An older man stopped with a tank in his boot put it in my car and refused to take money from me. He told me years ago it happened to him and a man stopped filled his car gave him the jerry can and told him to fill It up keep it in his car and pay it on. With that he gave me the tank and told me the way to pay him back is to do the same. To this day I still drive with a full jerry can in my car.

Here's a tip.

Pay it forward.

the-ripple-effect.jpg

zr1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
May 25, 2011
100% agreed. I am paying it forward and mentoring 2 people to build internet businesses due to MJ's impact in my life.

I also believe in fair exchange so I am getting a revenue share from their success.

Takes nothing away to light another person's candle while yours continues to burn bright. Pay it forward.

Here's a tip.

Pay it forward.

the-ripple-effect.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.