The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Benjiben

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 21, 2014
Springfield, MO
Finished reading the fastlane book 2 days. Will probably have to read it one more time to really takeaway the concepts of the book. I've never felt so empowered in my life like I am now yet I'm scared of failure as well. But like MJ said I have to take that idea and put it in action or else it's all just mental masturbation. Thank you for this book MJ!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Witchdoc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 14, 2015
I Just finished the Millionaire Fastlane , was definitely what i was looking for. Now to find a Need an get on the Fastlane. The next book i plan on readying Ready Fire Aim. Thanks MJ for the big time wake up call !

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
I just finished, The Millionaire Fastlane minutes ago (1:48PM PST, Friday, July 10th, 2015)—YEAH I WANTED TO TIME-STAMP THIS EVENT! I wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, the book has got my mind working and thinking and I continue learning. I am almost sad that it’s over.

The chapter the really resonated with me was CHAPTER 44: CHOOSE MONOGAMY OVER POLYGAMY. All my life I have been jumping from one venture, opportunity, and even scheme to another in order to “Be My Own Boss” and “Make $5,000 a Month from Home”. I now realize to do something worthwhile and provide value you need to first focus on one thing and pour all your energy, efforts and passion into that.

I am going to re-read the book and take detailed notes and make a “handy dandy” cheat sheet that will be my go-to document in my future business endeavors. I also will make reading The Millionaire Fastlane an annual event.

I am ready to embark on My Fastlane Journey.

Here’s to the first step…

- Jesse Dallenbach

Created Luck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 10, 2015
Toronto
This is the best business book that I have ever read IMO, because it exposes the SYSTEMS people use to get rich QUICK/er.
I am the type of person who implements what I know so for me not only did this book change my mentality and the way I look at businesses, but I know and I am committed that it will change my life.

MJ, I cant express how obliged I am that you decided to finish this book or for the fact that you started this mind blowing learning tool of a forum to complement the teachings of your book. You have done a lot of entrepreneurs a grave service.

Talk is cheap especially online so, Let me know the name of your Favorite charity or organization.
( I will become an INSIDERS, but there is a lot of learning I need to do on the outside before i come in)
I am looking forward to contributing and learning with this community.

I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous life.
CL

Water

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
506%
Jun 1, 2015
Talk about a live changing book. This is the one.
Will be recommending this to all my friends and family.

Thanks a lot MJ, I promise to solve needs and provide values.

alwayshungryleh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 29, 2015
Finished the book in a week! Damn, everyone finished much faster!
Anyway, the book answered one burning question I had. "Is hard work needed to get rich?" Luckily, yes, hard work is needed!
The question was playing around my mind all the time during the early part of the book when it covers the sidewalk and slowlane.
I realised I'm your everyday wannabe fastlaner...

Anyways, great awesome book! Wished I read this sooner!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I have read and loved The Millionaire Fastlane and loved it and am trying to live by its rules; however it has been an interesting emotional ride.

The first 100 pages or so depressed the hell out of me; because despite my general intelligence it felt like MJ had written the book specifically for me. It dawned on me how I had wasted a lot of time up till now and even though TMF wasn't the first motivational get up and go type of book I've read, it definitely was the first one to get me thinking in this way.

It also made me realise that my failed business was a slowlane business and no matter what I did, it would never have been a fastlane business and the fact that my affiliate site, contrary to my pre TMF perceptions will not be a fastlane business. Which was a good thing as I now have plans to develop into a fastlane business.

It also prompted me to get an "oil change" and learn to code so that I can start to explore my numerous app ideas and take an accounting course so that I can take control of my personal finances.

I would say that the line with the most impact of the entire book was and I may be paraphrasing rather than quoting here;

"Having more money won't sort out your financial problems, getting control of your finances will."

So, it made me realise that I was on the sidewalk and not even the slowlane; so I'm in a position now whereby I have just got a great slowlane job, but I'm wary as I can already feel that if I'm not diligent I'll slip into a slowlane comfort zone and lose my drive to get into the fastlane.

So I will read it again, I will keep pushing, I will keep visiting this forum, I will join the fastlane!

Thank you MJ

NB. If you're recommending this book to someone, make sure you recommend the full title including the "The" at the beginning, there is another book out there without the "The" and after hearing one paragraph of it, it is everything MJ decries; it's crap basically.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Finished reading the book! Very good!

Made me realize that I most of the bahaviors needed to be succesful, but I would never switch into the fast lane if I never take ACTION.

I recommended the book to about five people so far.

Thanks MJ

bartzawada

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jul 20, 2015
Poland
I've read TMF a year ago or so and now I'm about to start it again but this time... actions will follow. Create value or die trying.

Mark my words :)

Last edited:

Micah Huxford

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jun 1, 2015
I finished this book about a week ago, really empowering to put life in that perspective. This was really a confirmation of things that I already knew, but didn't want to believe. I wish I could stay on the slowlane path and experience the fastlane lifestyle but that's foolish at best.

Excited to get myself pointed in the right direction and make a difference with my time.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
Read the book in March, don't believe I've reported in here yet.
Got to say it was.. very "convenient", and very fortunate to have found the book. It had a lot of info that I was sort of trying to get at through going over many other books, and would have taken me much longer and much more effort to figure out had I not just read this book instead.

mtb_fanatic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 1, 2015
Read the book! Studied and read "Self Improvement" books for years and this definitely brings what other books don't. Sum it up in two words. Taking Action! This has changed by my life forever. Thank You MJ DeMarco.

Last edited by a moderator:

EJMorrisey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 20, 2015
San Diego
Just finished the book and I can say it's really changed the way I see the world. I wish I would've come across it sooner. Went to the library earlier today to pick up some more books about entrepreneurship and couldn't stop thinking about TMF .

This book has lit a fire in me that I'm glad to feel again. I heard you on a interview mention possibly writing another book. I for one would like to see that event occur.

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
Great read, and I am looking forward to my fastlane journey ahead. Thanks, MJ!

Mr.Optimistic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
May 19, 2015
I read the book weeks ago and joined this forum since then. I just want to thank you MJ, for igniting the fire in me as you have done for many others.

It's about time to stop lurking and to join my fellow fastlaners. My first official day on the forum and surely many more years to come.

P.S. Can I request for a name change. Mr.Optimistic if possible, if not Mr.Optimistic3

Last edited:

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I've read the millionaire fastlane , that's how I know about this forum.

Funny story, I read the 4 hour work week a week before I got an email about the millionaire fast lane. It was talking about how bullshit the 4 hour work week was and that got my attention. Favorite part of the book: the realization that there is no easy road. You've got to work hard on your business and put in tons of hours before you start getting any rewards.

My second favorite part of the book is explaining why real estate and stocks don't create wealth, they are meant to preserve it (of course, you get those exceptions, but 99% of the time, it's the case).

DianaL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 18, 2015
This book has been such an eye opener! I've already started making adjustments in my life. I no longer spend my free time and money drinking with friends after work. My weekends are spent in my office, reading, and learning, networking with others, and working on increasing my passive income.

I used to go out to eat with friends and family everyday, and after doing the math, I discovered I was spending over $200 a month on food!! That's $200 I could be INVESTING into my business and furthering my education.

My favorite part was the different perspectives on the Lamborghini between MJ and the kid. I had a discussion about this with a friend, and sure enough he himself believed he would never move out of his mom's house or have a job that pays more than $10/hour because of his current situation.

My refusal to go back to that form of thinking and my determination to become a producer is what's fueling my vehicle. Trading five days of servitude for two days to refuel is bullshit and the math doesn't make sense to me anymore.

I am so glad I found this forum and this book... It helped me realized that while I'm focused on being a Fastlaner, I was still acting like a slowlaner.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny story, I read the 4 hour work week a week before I got an email about the millionaire fast lane. It was talking about how bullshit the 4 hour work week was and that got my attention.

What email are you speaking about? I don't send out any emails blasting the 4HWW. I've only alluded that having massive success while working 4 hours a week is a total illusion... the guy working 8 hours a week will kill you, and the guy working 8 hours a day will kill him.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I devoured it within two or three commutes and it was very insightful. I liked the part where you list the kinds of money tree.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
What email are you speaking about? I don't send out any emails blasting the 4HWW. I've only alluded that having massive success while working 4 hours a week is a total illusion... the guy working 8 hours a week will kill you, and the guy working 8 hours a day will kill him.
It wasn't an email directly from you, it was an email from someone else promoting you. I clicked on the promotion link and in the link it said something along the lines of this type of success not being something you can achieve working 4 hrs a week. It wasnt targeted directly at the book, you were just stating your opinion as you just stated. And that's how I interpret those words, it's bullshit to think you can put in 4 hrs a week and get massive success and live your dream life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.