The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aiming to make $50 TODAY with pure online labour

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Ok, you got me hyped as f man,
I'm going to mash fiverr until money starts rolling, from what I can see people sell ridiculous things there, but I also see a lot of useful and easy tasks I can do myself, I googled a bit and I also found some tactics how to get fiverr ball rolling quicker (buying your own gigs, not sure if this works in 2015 but anyways)

Ok I'm sticking to fiverr if you can make min.wage and more there, I can do it too. Thanks a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gerome Soriano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 8, 2014
Philippines
damn! i need to grow some balls myself andmake thingshappen

value i found from the fb group cult of copy by Brett Smith

How I made over $2500 per month on Fiverr selling copy:
Hey guys, I've had a few people asking me about how I have been selling copywriting services on Fiverr.
While I am working to move away from Fiverr, on to bigger projects, for those of you who need a foot in the door, Fiverr is a great way to start, so...
Here’s how I launched my “Fiverr Career”
When I first signed up for Fiverr, I used my best copywriting skills to create my gig.
I told everyone that I would:
“write them 500 words of proven, high power sales copy in 24 hours for $5”
In my gig description, I told them about how you need a salesman who can write, not just a writer, and not to fall for those other guys posing as copywriters. I did my best to sell them on copywriting and on me.
I did over FIFTY 500-word projects for $5 apiece (minus Fiverr’s 20% cut) in under 20 days. It was pretty much all I did during that time. (and, at the time, I had neither a computer or wifi at my apartment, so I would go to my parents business in the middle of the night to use the computer and wifi there.)
I was so broke, I was just excited to be getting some money to pay rent, I didn’t even think about how laborious this was - and it was my first time actually making money on the internet, so I was stoked.
As I leveled up in Fiverr, and I got the option to charge more for my gigs, I just kept upping my prices. I kept lowering the word count, and increasing the price. And as expected, I got less orders, and higher pay. My overall pay kept going up each month even with the decrease in quantity.
By the fourth month I made over $2500 in a single month for the first time at anything ever in my life.
How I avoid $5 orders now:
I say in bold letters toward the end of the gig description: $5 GIG IS FOR 25 WORDS ONLY. ORDER GIG EXTRAS FOR MORE WORDS.
And in my gig extras, I say something like:
Add 200 words to the above - $50
Add Headlines, Subheads, and Formatting - $20
Research your product or service - $20
Deliver extra fast, only 3 days - $20
people can order multiples of each “extra”, so if someone wants 1000 words, they order the 200 word extra 5 times, for a total of $255. Then they add on research, and formatting , and now it’s up to $295
And that’s how I did the Fiverr thing.
Good Luck!

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
@rogen Join some of the facebook groups for Private Label Amazon Sellers and market your logo/design stuff there. There are always people asking for recommendations. If you provide value I am sure you will get some raving fans.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Update:

Fiverr works. Kind of.
I made $25 total last week (2 orders)

And since then things are quiet. I'm constantly adding new gigs - deleting these with low views/impressions, updating photos (I've noticed this gives views boost) etc. Will do video today for gig with completed orders.

I feel like I'm not doing enough, 1 order per week is nothing, I need at least 1 per day.

My goal is $300 this month, I would be so happy to earn $50 a week, I hate updating gigs and sitting on my a$$ waiting for orders, I think I will spam my offer today on fb groups for better effect maybe.

last minute update: I just found out my application for medical school was rejected. Fuc*.

Last edited:

diforenzad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 27, 2014
I was trying fiverr but its not too much profitable, Fiverr taking a cut, holding your money, thats just ..

The goal of this was to get money AS fast as I could, straight to my PayPal account, without waiting ridiculous month for just 50 bucks..
Dude, fiverr is among the top100 websites on Alexa rank US.
What this means is a lot of competition, but also a lot of people willing to spend their bucks on your gigs.
I know that Fiverr won't make you rich (while there are some fiverr veterans that will prove me wrong anytime), but it's definitely a fantastic way to get started.
First of all, they picklocked the secret formula to getting people to spend $$$ online : the upsell.
If you've bought services on Fiverr you will know that pretty much anytime you use it, you will end up spending more than just five dollar (specially if you need something customized).

Second, you can look at Fiverr as a way to selling the by-products of your business. I don't know what your skills are and if you have any income at all right now coming from anything, but I'm pretty sure that anything that you sell online can be repackaged to be sold on Fiverr.
Fiverr definitely has its learning curve, try looking into WSOs to build a checklist to follow to build up your fiverr income (I've been dabbling with the idea of working on Fiverr too for the last month. If you self publish anything, you definitely have to try it out instead of the Amazon/Kindle platform).

Also, I see pretty much two kinds of people on fiverr (on the service provider side) :
- those that are offering a product (sometimes a private labled product too) or something that can be re-sold hundreds of times and simply requires the press of a button to be delivered. Some of these sellers are definitely making a killing. Based on customer reviews (wich don't really give you the whole picture), it's not too difficult to find a few of these accounts that are making more than 100k a year through fiverr.
This is a great example : https://www.fiverr.com/crorkservice
- those that really get good at something (like making logos) because their trade require them do so and eventually they end up selling on fiverr to get some nice recurring cash. Fiverr was initially thought for this kind of people.

The great thing about fiverr, compared to other platform isthat it gives the chance to anybody to get started (upwork and other platform will require a bit more effort to get started and start bidding on projects) and it's structured as a social platform (so this means direct relationship with your customer base, while you don't really own the traffic, so you really need to find a way to redirect your traffic to your email, but this will definitely break the Fiverr TOS).

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Make sure the copy for your gigs is well written. It needs to be grammatically correct. Use your keywords in the description, but make sure it looks professional. You're competing with a lot of kids. Your writing should make it clear that you're an adult doing professional work.

Now before you point out that you're working for only $5, so you shouldn't need to put in that much effort just know that I agree with you. I wouldn't use fiverr, but I have a full time job to cover my expenses while my business grows. I shouldn't say I wouldn't use it. I meant I wouldn't sell my time there.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Since last post, everything is still quiet.

No new orders on the gig with 1 sale.

"Promoting" my Gig boosted views a lot but still, no orders.

I have to be doing something wrong, I copied description from 3th top seller, It worked once but it looks like it was lucky sell, fiverr is promoting new comers for 1 day and then ride is over.

As for the https://www.fiverr.com/crorkservice - he's selling SEO, I have no idea how he does it, where he gets it from, I have to google it but..

I need money so bad and fiverr doesn't make it any easier tbh, waiting 2 weeks for clearance + fees.
Its good when orders are steady. Waiting that much for $25 is not fun.

@Kak thread inspired me to go after BIG things, it makes sense, all you have is 24h but the reward is way better. (And maybe it's even easier to deal with people when big numbers are in play?)

I'm not quitting on Fiverr, Will bash it until money starts rolling.

My stats below (gig on the top have 1 - 5 star - custom order, don't know why it says 0):

Attachments

• gig.png
    gig.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

HAL

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jul 23, 2015
Not sure of your options since you are in Poland, but audio transcription is a much easier way to make money online than gig based sites like fiverr in my opinion.

diforenzad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 27, 2014
Not sure of your options since you are in Poland, but audio transcription is a much easier way to make money online than gig based sites like fiverr in my opinion.
More specifically?
Have you tried yourself or can tell us more about it?
It doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I've seen audio transcription services online and I thought about reselling it too as a recurring service for a monthly fee (I'm talking about a jotted down idea, tho :D ).
I also thought I'd have to go through the whole process of doing some transcription myself but never really looked into it farther than searching google for the prices of transcription services : guessing that the actual workers are paid peanuts, it seemed to me like there has to be a decent margin to justify a higher cost of acquisition, hence a higher ad spending (isn't it why we all want healthy margins? :D ).

So little time and so many ideas to pick from! :D

HAL

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jul 23, 2015
More specifically?
Have you tried yourself or can tell us more about it?
It doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I've seen audio transcription services online and I thought about reselling it too as a recurring service for a monthly fee (I'm talking about a jotted down idea, tho :D ).
I also thought I'd have to go through the whole process of doing some transcription myself but never really looked into it farther than searching google for the prices of transcription services : guessing that the actual workers are paid peanuts, it seemed to me like there has to be a decent margin to justify a higher cost of acquisition, hence a higher ad spending (isn't it why we all want healthy margins? :D ).

So little time and so many ideas to pick from! :D

I've only used Rev, and depending on your level (which is based on your quality of transcriptions and commitment level) you can make anywhere from US $0.40 to $1.00 per transcribed minute. There is almost always work available (no need to apply, you can just grab jobs). If you focused just on this you could probably make around $30-$50 a day, but it is a job with deadlines and requires real focus and attention to details. It will take you a lot longer than you think in the beginning to transcribe a minute.

BrandonS85

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Sep 8, 2015
Ohio USA
Going back to non-fiverr, how many businesses have you directly contacted?

Fiverr is great, I did quite well on it for a while, the only reason my sales declined was I went onto more profitable things. A friend of mine developed a full-time income from it in less than 1 month (And I'm in the US) and all he did was voiceovers and minimal animations. If he can do it ,starting with virtually nothing , anyone can do it. The difference between him and you was that for the first month he spent 12+ hours marketing his fiverr page and working on getting better, developing samples and the like to show his product.

Selling stuff is all about the pitch - Showing why something you offer has value. As a business owner, who would be stupid enough to NOT spend $10 for a new facebook logo if they were shown multiple pieces of information showing that it would provide $1,000 worth of new revenue? I know sure as heck my Facebook logo has generated several times that.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Update,

Fiverr gigs just sit there, collecting submits, orders are rare but they happen, made staggering $45 from last update till now, it's not much (already spent - simple driver licence plastic costs $30 here)

What's next. I wonder how people do the big numbers, bigger things, like the poster here who raised 190k on kickstarter for simple, paper-book diary.

I would like to finally do something "legit", kickstart something, do something cool. I'm reading about different business models that most popular online businesses today have, to see how they generate revenue, how they connect everything to provide value and make money for every party involved (AirBnb, HumbleBundle, Spotify etc)

Like, humbleBundle, they were sitting in their bedrooms, but their idea was so good, it spread and they made some money for themselves, charities and game devs. From a freaking bedroom. And their business machine still does this to this day.

anyways, ANYTHING that would bring me that measly 300 a month online would elevate me to a position of FU in my small inexpensive town :) but I need to aim way higher of course :)

Thinking about internet, its scale and potential I must be stupidest man on the Earth for not using this biggest invention in human history to my advantage to make me free at last.

Jtravismedia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 19, 2015
Have you read Millionaire Fast Lane?
Don't forget (outside of this forum) no one gives a shit how much money you want to make in a month.
Give value.
Don't think about how much you want to make. It's pointless, you'll just get annoyed. Who were your customers? Were they satisfied? Could you have done a better job? What was it that made them choose you? Would they ever use you again? Is there something you can offer that the other big guy can't?
As I said, no one cares how much you want to make a month, or how much car registration is. People go on fiverr to get something that will improve their business, or make themselves look good! Give value!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
anyways, ANYTHING that would bring me that measly 300 a month online would elevate me to a position of FU in my small inexpensive town :) but I need to aim way higher of course :)

Thinking about internet, its scale and potential I must be stupidest man on the Earth for not using this biggest invention in human history to my advantage to make me free at last.

"Mindset is 80% of the game anyway, and that's what I'm trying to teach here." @IceCreamKid

Your focus needs a REAL shift. Stop thinking about yourself or the 'possibilities of the Internet' and start thinking about who you can help.

You have a few jobs under your belt on Fiverr. That's your portfolio now.

The key to 'winning' (you're never winning at $5 a gig) at Fiverr is to create new gigs all the time. I've done it. New gigs, every week. That'll do ya. Find different niches.

For example: Copywriting becomes headline writing, sales letters, advertisements. Headline writing becomes clickbait titles, sales headlines, SEO headlines. Sales letters become landing page copy, direct mail copy, biographies, about pages, cover letters. Advertisements become Google ads, FB ads, Bing ads, newspaper ads, banner ads (you'll need design chops for this one). Google ads becomes keyword research. Facebook ads becomes targeting research. Banner ads becomes scraping services. Deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole you go...

(See what I did there? I came up with like 15 ways to help REAL PEOPLE. Do this often.)

You should be able to come up with upsells for all of this.

After about 3 months of this, you should be pretty highly rated, getting gigs all the time. If Fiverr gigs are all you need to live, scale back so you have time to work on something scalable. One option is to sell your services wholesale to businesses and outsource the work.

Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.