The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aiming to make $50 TODAY with pure online labour

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
So, Today I wanted to make 30-50 bucks solely online. Im selling service, which is creation of facebook cover images for your business fanpage. I will deliver 5 of these in different styles, so you can pick the one you like or you can change them when you need a new look..

What I did:

- Emailed 10 small businesses (pizza shops with bad facebook covers)
- Called no one, because I didnt knew who to call, coudnt find owners number there was only number for pizza order

What should I do next? Where do I find someone who is willing to pay RIGHT NOW and get the stuff today?

Bonus: if you land me a client for $50, you will get $20. PM me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Do you have any examples of the quality of work you would do?

Because when I see an offer like this I usually weigh the option of getting 10 fiver covers done, or one of yours.

Mugen

Mach 10
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 21, 2014
37.235065, -115.811117
So, Today I wanted to make 30-50 bucks solely online. Im selling service, which is creation of facebook cover images for your business fanpage. I will deliver 5 of these in different styles, so you can pick the one you like or you can change them when you need a new look..

What I did:

- Called no one, because I didnt knew who to call, coudnt find owners number there was only number for pizza order

What should I do next? Where do I find someone who is willing to pay RIGHT NOW and get the stuff today?

As seamless suggested, you could try Fiverr.

You could also offer your service on popular freelance sites like elance or odesk, or even sign up to different internet marketing forums and sell your services to marketers.

There's always online marketers in need of graphics work for their campaigns.

tye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 19, 2013
New York -Long Island
As mentioned by others, I highly recommend that you try fiverr and freelance type of websites,
also depending on location, you can try Craigslist the- (Creative service)section part. Post up ads to offer
quick creative service with facebook covers.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
I was trying fiverr but its not too much profitable, Fiverr taking a cut, holding your money, thats just ..

The goal of this was to get money AS fast as I could, straight to my PayPal account, without waiting ridiculous month for just 50 bucks..

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Hey, post the email you are sending, we can probably make it better. Also send more than 10, 10 is just a start, send out to tons of different types of businesses, this shouldn't stop at just pizza shops.

Lots of opportunities to make this work for you but its a game of averages, send a personalized and well thought out email to 100 businesses and I have no doubt you will convert some. BTW add in some of the pointers I said yesterday about ways to provide the business even more value.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Here we go, here is one of my emails:

Hi, my name is Rafael Im a graphic designer from Poland
I've seen fanpage of your business, and I've noticed it needs some improvement - https://www.facebook.com/AriaPizzeria

To make your fanpage look more "2014" I would create for you a great facebook cover with seamless transition between profile picture and the actual cover picture It would look more appealing to the visitors and It would make your brand look bigger, better and more professional :) People will see that you actually care about your business!

Big entreprises know the power of social network and they all already have good looking fanpages to gain more trust from their customers.

Here's an example in the attachment. It was made for a pizzeria in DC.

Tell me what you think, would you like to get similar design?

with regards

- Rafael

Yeah, my English isnt too good, but I was able to land some clients in my previous "ventures"

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Here are my thoughts.

People will see that you actually care about your business!
Big entreprises know the power of social network and they all already have good looking fanpages to gain more trust from their customers.

This sounds very negative and borderline demeaning. I think this is just from English being your second language. "People will see that you actually care about your business!" That is the main issue, "actually care" kinda says "it looks like shit, and people think you dont care". And then you say "Big Enterprises" which says "hey you're small because you dont know the power of social networking" they are not terrible but it could put the customers off.

Heres what I would write:

Hi, my name is Rafael I am a graphic designer currently living in Poland.

Being a HUGE pizza fan I follow TONS of American (and Italian) pizzerias on facebook. (you could add more about American pizza if youve ever been here to experience it)

Since I follow so many Pizzerias, I have seen a lot of pizza fan pages and have seen some really cool ways they are marketing their pizzerias. I recently stumbled upon yours, after looking over the page I think I have picked up on a few things that you can do to get more engagement from your fans and increase your "likes".

First is a cool cover photo trick that's all the rage right now, its a cool way to make your fanpage look more "2014." Some companies are using their Facebook cover photo to seamlessly transition between their profile picture and the actual cover picture (I've attached an example). It really looks slick, and is a great way to show off a picture of one of your pizzas!

Another marketing trick I have noticed is using viral images to draw shares and get more page likes. This type of image is always shared a ton, from following so many pages I picked up on a lot of the things they do and made a few myself and think they would fit in great with your audience.

If you are interested, I would love to make you a new cover photo for $20.00. I can use your own pizza images and add your logo like the attached example.

Or if you would like a few more images so you can rotate them, for $50.00, I could make you 5 new cover photos, and I'll also send you the 5 custom viral images I mentioned above.

1 New Seamless Cover Photo/Profile Picture Combo = $20.00
5 New Combos and 5 Viral Images = $50.00

If you would just like additional advice on how to make your page better feel free to email me back and I'll try and help you the best I can.

P.S. The examples are attached to this email, check them out and let me know if you would like me to make you something similar.

with regards

- Rafael

So, its a little longer than I would like and it could definitely be better but I think its a good start. Maybe someone else can come behind and add to it and make it even better.

At the beginning you mention loving pizza to connect with the reader and give a context to why you are contacting them. You also say you follow a ton of pizzerias to establish yourself as an authority figure. You follow a ton of them so you MUST know what works and what youre talking about.

Obviously if this isnt true you need to make it true. You need to go follow all the pizzerias and find those 5 viral images that you can make. Just find random pages and see what their most popular posts are. The recreate something even better.

Hope you find this helpful

EDIT: The pricing is intentionally done so that people would be crazy to just buy the $20.00 image. looking at the option thats what you want the customer to feel. hopefully you make even more $50.00 sales from this.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Wow, Im speechless, THANKS A LOT, its GREAT
I could never write something like this without spending hours on it.. Thanks

Im off to finding pizzerias and sending emails

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Update, since trying to make that $50 - I made $105 ... The problem is I made it in 4 months. I'm so goddamn lazy.

I know I can make money online, but I still have problems with:

1. Being lazy
2. Choosing a product to sell (its usually not something you buy everyday, ex. Logo design - you get one for 10 years, I need a service/product that is like Milk, just online)
3. Traffic but If i had money that woudnt be an issue

What worked:

- getting stuff done instead of doing nothing
- getting native speaker to write copy for you (my English is not too good, customers dont buy if description is just gibberish)
- advertising on relevant fb groups
- even when you do something for free, and your work is just so good, other person will pay you (wow some people actually are nice!)
- ... Again, as long as you try, as long as you do something with clear purpose, you will make money. If you dont do on the other hand.. What you expect something to fall from the sky? (sometimes it does but its rare so dont rely on it)

Last edited:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
You made $105 in 14 months?
Best thread of the decade, hands down.
ooyne.jpg

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
You made $105 in 14 months?
Lol no, 4 months. 4 freaking months. I know its pathetic.. But this is the harsh truth, you guys probably treat it like its nothing, hell you could probably find 100 bucks on the street lol,

16thCylinder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 2, 2015
UK

What I did:

This might help - it's had some good feedback:

Arbitrage Underdog

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
You started the thread in May 2014. That's around 14 months.
this isnt what I meant, I didnt wanted to start new progress thread so I will post my current "achievements" here.

This might help - it's had some good feedback:

Arbitrage Underdog

I tried this last summer, didnt worked too well, but arbitrage is what Im good at,

I have better results with just putting up website with virtual services/goods and driving traffic there instead of mailing ppl

my biggest obstacle is traffic. And quitting too early, I have like 4 service websites but they are sitting there empty no one visits

Im just playing around, having one sale and then quitting, tommorow I'm going to start something more serious, something that already sells and Im going to join the party. I made first $100 online, now goal will be $1000. no more giving up and quitting after a week

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Plan for today:
-throw simple website offering fake Instagram followers. Buy low sell higher
before anyone asks - Im going to be 100% transparent about this service, ppl will know what they will get, no cheating

Why fake IG followers?
- millions are using IG
- some (lots) of these people want to feel famous/impress friends
-buying IG shoutouts should convert well since my service is all about IG
-I had success before with selling fb likes so I know what to do

What is needed:

-responsive website
-some time simply spamming/connecting with ppl because Im starting with $0

I dont feel too good about this tbh, but it have v.high chance of success, Lots of potential customers, Im broke so its do or die

Plan is simple:

1. get sales, earn some money for shoutouts
2. buy shoutouts = hopefully convert more = more funds for shoutouts/ads and snowball it
Lets do this.

Last edited:

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
IG service is still incomplete.

Eh, the worst part is traffic, the only thing I know where ppl are hanging out are FB groups.

http://www.launchpx.com < my Logo design service (had few sales some time ago)
I have no idea how to reach my target audience, where are they, how to get to them??

Maybe its time for small loan for paid ads? If I sold it once, it means someone is willing to pay for it..

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Stop doing random bullshit. You apparently have some skills (logos, fb covers, instagram fakes).
Join Fiverr and sell the stuff there. Walk before you run.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
Stop doing random bullshit. You apparently have some skills (logos, fb covers, instagram fakes).
+1 to that.

Fiverr is easy, do that. There's also TaskRabbit. There's Elance, Upwork, Freelancer.com - There are facebook groups with people asking for gigs.

It's not difficult to find money, it takes very little hustle to find and do. This is a plan that works, so execute it DILIGENTLY and the money will come.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
If you're smart, you can use Fiverr as a tripwire.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-

I tried using fiverr before, but the competition was insane, my offer was invisible in this crowd, starting off there probably takes ages..

Using it as a tripwire is interesting, I will try it again.

I need traffic/visibility/crowd, I was thinking about sharing some cool video/article/tutorial on reddit/fb groups - related to design/branding, and after topic gets hot and attracts people - throw in link to my website,

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I tried using fiverr before, but the competition was insane, my offer was invisible in this crowd, starting off there probably takes ages..

Using it as a tripwire is interesting, I will try it again.

I need traffic/visibility/crowd, I was thinking about sharing some cool video/article/tutorial on reddit/fb groups - related to design/branding, and after topic gets hot and attracts people - throw in link to my website,
Bullshit. You gave it all of five minutes, I'm ready to bet a testicle on it.
That's what this thread is about. You going from one thing to the next with the grit of a teddy bear.

I still keep my Fiverr gig. I make all the money I need to live from it and more (twice the minimum wage in my country). In less than 6 hours a week of work.
The rest is devoted to my real businesses which can take years to pay off and I don't give a shit, because I'm covered by that measly freelance work. I stopped doing "real" freelance work, which paid handsomely, because I don't want to exchange time for money.
You're from Poland. Minimum wage is 410€. Making this from US customers is a joke.

Grow some balls. Choose one single thing and make it work for you. No excuses.
You're broke. You don't need "traffic/visibility/crowd". You need the pocket cash to seriously put yourself to work.
Learn to walk before you run.

Full disclosure: I might be slightly drunk right now, middle-afternoon. So what. I'm giving you facts, no sugar on top. Make of it what you will.

Last edited:

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Bullshit. You gave it all of five minutes, I'm ready to bet a testicle on it.
That's what this thread is about. You going from one thing to the next with the grit of a teddy bear.

I still keep my Fiverr gig. I make all the money I need to live from it and more (twice the minimum wage in my country). In less than 6 hours a week of work.
The rest is devoted to my real businesses which can take years to pay off and I don't give a shit, because I'm covered by that measly freelance work. I stopped doing "real" freelance work, which paid handsomely, because I don't want to exchange time for money.
You're from Poland. Minimum wage is 410€. Making this from US customers is a joke.

Grow some balls. Choose one single things and make it work for you. No excuses.
You're broke. You don't need "traffic/visibility/crowd". You need the pocket cash to seriously put yourself to work.
Learn to walk before you run.

Full disclosure: I might be slightly drunk right now, middle-afternoon. So what. I'm giving you facts, no sugar on top. Make of it what you will.

Ok, you're kind of right.. :)

But all things I sell - are not mine - Im just a middleman, I had "success" with Gigbucks (fiverr alternative) but I made there $15 in a month - 3 orders for $5
I was designing fb covers - 3 of them for 5 bucks took me 1h so I got pissed (1h for $5? I made more spamming back then, thus my "traffic logic" :) ) and deleted my offer.

How long it took you to get the ball rolling on fiverr? You had to promote it somehow because "post offer and sit back" didnt worked out

also, thanks for the truth, Im here to learn

and IF I finally could reach 400Eur (online, like you) ... I would be rich, life = won

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
But all things I sell - are not mine - Im just a middleman, I had "success" with Gigbucks (fiverr alternative) but I made there $15 in a month - 3 orders for $5
Stop being a middleman if you don't provide added value.
I was designing fb covers - 3 of them for 5 bucks took me 1h so I got pissed (1h for $5? I made more spamming back then, thus my "traffic logic" :) ) and deleted my offer.
Why? Your time is worth nothing.
How long it took you to get the ball rolling on fiverr? You had to promote it somehow because "post offer and sit back" didnt worked out
No, never promoted anything. I tried different offers, then deleted all the ones that didn't take any traction. I did some jobs for a low price, delighted my clients, racked in the good reviews, and raised my prices. Now I don't do anything under $50 - and that gets you less than an hour. Currently I have a biggish project for a repeated client - $300, and more than $1000 adding up all the work I did for him.
The key - I'm delivering value. I offer one skill and they pay for it.
and IF I finally could reach 400Eur (online, like you) ... I would be rich, life = won
Nah, man. It's just one step. You can get much, much more. But. You have to work for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.