The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I also have a Regus Gold Card (total cost is maybe $300/year.) Their website says $59/mo but it seems to be you can get it cheaper than that. We get a free one because of the fact that we rent offices from them. Great for traveling, as you basically have an office in any major metro area you go to.

With the gold card, you can use any Regus facility anywhere in the world. For example, in Tampa, FL there are a half dozen Regus locations, and I can use their "business lounges" for free at any of them. Wifi, printing, and just a place to work. Similar to the collaborative work spaces, only the total cost is $300/year for unlimited use.

http://www.regus.com/products/businessworld-membership/gold.aspx

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
Definitely recommend it if you're experiencing the same problem

Pay attention to this^

If you've been feeling kinda down, like you're doing all of this work and it's not paying off, or everything's a slog, go check one of these spaces out.

A few years ago, I spent a week at the one in the 2nd picture. The energy level, being around other people doing cool things, is all just a fantastic kick in the butt. Way better than just plugging in at your local coffee shop.

A lot of them even do straight up day passes, so you can just go get a quick dopamine hit when you're really needing it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I really need to find one of these coworking spaces. I just need to get out of the house to work at least one day a week.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I really need to find one of these coworking spaces. I just need to get out of the house to work at least one day a week.

It's definitely worth it. People really reach out to each other with great ideas and advice, plus they want to see you succeed so they tell people about what you're doing.

Just be weary of the "graphic designers."

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
I noticed my productivity has gone down a bit, so I got out of my home office and joined a coworking space and so far my productivity has increased dramatically.

Happy hour on Fridays doesn't hurt either :) and they're open 24/7 for members.

What a cool concept. I love it. This type of thing is going to totally go national.

Hopefully the days of doing work at Starbucks and coming out smelling like a charred coffee bean are over ;)

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So I spent the last few days surfing a couple of Regus business lounges in the Twin Cities using my Regus business card, and here's what I came to realize.

The average "employee" has only probably 4-5 productive hours in the typical 8-9 hour day. From surfing the web to checking facebook, hanging out at the water cooler, singing happy birthday to the office secretary and eating the obligatory slice of crisco laden cake, or taking a long lunch break, I propose the average worker bee only works roughly half the time they are on the clock.

So, for the entrepreneur that has no set schedule, no clock to punch, and no specific routine that is required to be followed... remote or digital offices are awesome. You drop in (where ever), knock out 3-4 hours of hard core work, and then the rest of the day is a digital tether to your business from where ever.

When I was cleaning out my office, I was amazed at the raw amount of SHIT that accumulated just because. 99% of it I didn't need, and none of it enabled the business to continue to churn. So, working from where ever eliminates the clutter of life.

I'm writing this email from a 10x20 "office" in the middle of who cares where, sipping coffee they provided, using office furniture they provided, and finding solitude. In a few hours, I will pack my bag, hit the road... and the business will continue to churn. Devoid of physical restraints, absent of gathering shit for the sake of gathering shit. The only lasting effect of today will be the ripple effect of the work I do while I am here, which will continue long after this "virtual office" is gone from my memory.

Your desk, your cubicle, your corner office. It's just a space. You want a space to hang your hat? How about on your boat?

I remember as a young executive, when I got my first cubicle. It was a big deal. Then I wanted an office. Then I got one. That was a big deal. Then I wanted my own office. I got one. I filled it up with people that worked for me. I downsized. I upsized. I had warehouses. I got rid of the warehouses. New furniture. Sold the furniture. Leased furniture. New office. New phone systems. IT guys. Leases. Secretaries who wanted to know when you were coming and going. Secretaries who spent half the time I was paying for playing on Facebook. (See above). Workers calling in sick. Computers. Cubicles.

F*ck it. Surfing offices as an invisible cog is pretty great. I've leased offices in a different state now, but I may never go there. I'd rather be invisible.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Snowbank and I went to a coworking space in Sydney Australia about 2 months ago. It was an interesting place and I personally did not see much work. I saw a few guys playing video games and some other guys on facebook. The only guy working was the friend we went to visit. They also had a Friday evening pitchfest where you could get up and talk about your company, sell your goods and or explain what you were doing. It was actually pretty bad as none of the guys could formulate a decent pitch. Not sure if that particular environment would have been good for anyone. It felt pretty chaotic in there. I wish I took some pictures.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I noticed my productivity has gone down a bit, so I got out of my home office and joined a coworking space and so far my productivity has increased dramatically.

View attachment 9572 View attachment 9574 View attachment 9575

The jealousy is real:(
I have a few spaces in rotation but none have that
"get sh*t done energy".

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Absolutely. The thing I miss most about the office is the feeling that you're working as part of a "pack" or team with people to do something.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
I like the idea of getting out of your home and going somewhere, especially if you have distractions at home. An office environment in this example to grind some work out is great.

The only thing I don't like is the open space with 10 people next to me and around me...I understand that's the point of it and all. Personally, I get distracted easily and that environment wouldn't work for me MOST of the time. I would prefer something more quiet and peaceful like a personal enclosed office. I would get a lot more work done.

I wouldn't mind checking one of these places out in Toronto. It all depends on the environment and it's surroundings. If the people there are serious and hard working, then I don't mind the open space. If everyone's chatting and screwing around, that would piss me off. The place fastlanepurorer posted looks pretty damn cool.

FastLanePursuer

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 11, 2012
Bay Area, CA
I like the idea of getting out of your home and going somewhere, especially if you have distractions at home. An office environment in this example to grind some work out is great.

The only thing I don't like is the open space with 10 people next to me and around me...I understand that's the point of it and all. Personally, I get distracted easily and that environment wouldn't work for me MOST of the time. I would prefer something more quiet and peaceful like a personal enclosed office. I would get a lot more work done.

I wouldn't mind checking one of these places out in Toronto. It all depends on the environment and it's surroundings. If the people there are serious and hard working, then I don't mind the open space. If everyone's chatting and screwing around, that would piss me off. The place fastlanepurorer posted looks pretty damn cool.

They offer office memberships as well, so you can have your own private office. You can be social when you want and also have the ability to isolate yourself when you're in work/grind mode.

I'm pretty sure you would love the spot that I'm currently at. Definitely a friendly community feel and everyone is usually pretty focused and hard at work. The only time it's been anything less than that is during happy hours on Fridays. They provide drinks and encourages everyone to socialize/wind down.

I didn't know anybody there for the first two weeks I was working there, but by the time I participated in my first happy hour, I ended up meeting a ton of the members there. It's pretty cool.

l.jpg

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA

View attachment 9572 View attachment 9574 View attachment 9575
This. I work my business from home, while I've had some progress I'm no were near were I want to be as far as productivity.

I know I will be more productive outside of home, my only hold up currently is to do what I need, I need a powerful video card. Which means an expensive laptop or lug my PC around. I think the best solution is to make my PC more portable.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This. I work my business from home, while I've had some progress I'm no were near were I want to be as far as productivity.

I know I will be more productive outside of home, my only hold up currently is to do what I need, I need a powerful video card. Which means an expensive laptop or lug my PC around. I think the best solution is to make my PC more portable.

remote desktop??

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
remote desktop??

Good idea, funny I use it every day and never even thought to try that. I think it's worth a shot, but since it's graphic intense programs like 3D studio max/mud box I'm not sure how well it would handle going through the internet as far as lag time to what I'm doing. Sometimes I need precise measurements and I can foresee it frustrating me waiting, then adjusting/waiting, but it's def. worth trying to see how it goes. It all depends on how well the connection is between home and there.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
The price seems a little stiff, or is that normal.

For the location within Scottsdale, this is pretty reasonable. I was actually expecting it to be more. Which makes me wonder if that's a pretty comprehensive price or if they nickle & dime you on other options... But at face value, seems pretty reasonable (having not personally seen the space, parking, accessibility, etc).

DiemTrader

NO LIMIT
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Sep 12, 2011
Allright! I'm moving along here! Partnership agreement signed! LLC formed! IP secured. First product formalized and complete! Several versions of the video sales letters (vsl) are done! Starting on Clickfunnels and Facebook/PPC campaigns!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
What's the Minneapolis one called?

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=sharedofficespaces&find_loc=Minneapolis, MN

I've been to Cocos in st paul and mpls, people seemed to be doing work. http://cocomsp.com/

I might think about this more as for creatives the working space has to be a bit different - you need to remain undisturbed when getting into the flow. And you also don't want to get too many people running in your peripheral. Who's in for work space w curtains 1.0? ;P

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.