The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Women of FastLane Virtual Meetup

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
...And, because I always like to start off any relationship-building by giving

To @eldub,

If you are still around these parts, please PM me.

To All the Women that Participated or are Interested in Participating in a Call,

I am a HUGE fan of mastermind groups. I participated in a group, that had weekly calls, a few years ago.
You can see more about my experience and the original fastlane mastermind groups here:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-fastlane-mastermind.16042/

I am resurrecting the idea with a new thread.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/mastermind-groups.50730/

If you have an interest, please go there and post.

I'm flying by the seat of my pants, so please be patient as we go about figuring out how to form. :)
(or better yet, jump in with YOUR ideas about what kind of group would work for you :))

See you on the flip side, ladies :)

Last edited by a moderator:

aardvarky

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 18, 2014
@Around the World - just replied to your new thread but I'm also really interested in an all-women virtual meetup.

@eldub - is this still happening? and where can I sign up? :)

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
@Around the World - just replied to your new thread but I'm also really interested in an all-women virtual meetup.

Okay... All Women can be an option, if there are more interested. I would be up for that too. Did you specify this in the other thread? If not, please mention it.

@eldub - is this still happening? and where can I sign up? :)

Anything through @eldub is on hold until she contacts me. I'll keep you posted if this option opens up again :) In the mean time, please follow the other thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I've posted on the other thread too. Still interested in women-only calls, different approach which I appreciate.
(I prefer to support and follow on this, rather than instigate, as I'm in the UK and most of you in the US)

@eldub is very familiar with teleconference technology as she uses it in her coaching business.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Anyone want to do this again?

I'm daunted by trying to set it up myself (technology-wise) but I will if I have to - does anyone have access to a suitable teleconferencing system - or will Skype do?

My motivation - just need to hear other women who are actually getting on with it, maybe bounce problems around and get ideas.
I am currently learning ecommerce by doing it (sloooowly) but definitely not Fastlane.

@eldub would you be free sometime to lead? (the lady is a great facilitator but is pretty successful so busy!).

Hey @merryrows just shouting out to you so you see this.

I am on GMT (Which changes to daylight saving of +1 hour at the end of March) which means I'm generally too sleepy to make late-in-the-day-Stateside calls. EST 8am-6pm would be OK for me.

Last edited:

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
THANK YOU @Determined2012 I am back hiding and making slooow progress.
;-)

I am available most hours of most days at the moment.

Between 8am-5pm Eastern Time is the absolute best window for me, assuming every one else is in the U.S.

Who wants to play and what times are good for you?

I'd be up for a regular slot/Mastermind type call if others are. I was going to join the ecommerce group but realised they were on PST and the call was the middle of the night for me.

I suggest we post here, about to add a post to the Mastermind thread referring back here.

Once we have a few names, @Determined2012 or I will I'll send a PM round.

Last edited:

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I am only really proposing the occasional ladies-only call, just because it's good to know there are others out there, and sometimes we relate differently than guys.

There is NO need for mastermind-type calls to come out of this. I know that some of you are already doing these elsewhere.

But if anyone wanted to, some of us could!

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I'd be interested, don't know how much I'll be able to talk with the kiddos crying/playing in the background, but I think it'd be fun!

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
That's the spirit! I was just musing about just calling it "meet for coffee".
Going to give it a few days for people to post replies...

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Hey!

I missed the call last time, but I definitely want to join in if you do it again, if I'm still invited :)

Cabaret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 25, 2014
I'm a college student and a CEO (well, not yet. About to incorporate my startup!)... do I qualify for this? :)

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
@Cabaret - of course, I am not exactly a fastlaner yet either (on my second micro-business with little momentum and lots of confusion!)

@Vanessa - you might be interested in this thread?

@Mayana - every lady is invited of course.

ANYONE IN TIME ZONES GMT to GMT +12? Ladies located anywhere from London to Australia and New Zealand and in between, we can always schedule a call that suits you.

I am just facilitating setting this up, and @Determined2012 has kindly said she'll "host" a US based call.

I don't have lots of experience and advice to hand out re: The Fastlane, but I realize that yes, sometimes the ladies want to know the other ladies a bit.

So, tomorrow my time (Thursday) I can suggest some times. This is a "coffee" meet, no pressure.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Just to say, my neighborhood has a scheduled power outage today for some engineering work (UK time). In the possible event of the power not coming back before midnight UMT I will research time zones and post some times tomorrow (Friday).

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I have PM'd all who've ever posted on this thread, if anyone wants to join in then PM me.

We will probably do the first call on Skype but does anyone currently use or know of an inexpensive international teleconferencing solution?

Please don't be afraid to join in, I am just starting to move from wantreprenur to something more serious so feel underqualified myself.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
A good call just now, and MANY thanks to Determined2012 who led the call expertly - and her openness about her own project is really inspiring.

Anyone ladies who missed this call, next call:

Friday 10th April 11 a.m. US Central Time on Skype. I'll be "hosting".

PM me here and I'll add you to the PM of all the ladies who have expressed an interest in the calls.

Current style of call (it may evolve, or other calls be instigated):

Structured, in that everyone gets to talk, but not very very strict, and some Accountability is likely to be added as needed.

DON'T be shy about joining in, no-one gets eaten, and it's very inspiring to hear what those further along the path are doing.

Anyone for whom the above time is terrible (mostly those east of Europe), let us know as there are ladies in Asia and Australasia who may like to get together.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Sorry I missed it, had something pop up with the kids. :(

I'll try my best for the next one, it's on my calendar!

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Fiona, we know you have kids, and what that entails - no problem! (We did miss not having you).

Also - MerryRows, I'm so sorry we didn't get you on the call, was it your laptop or our Skype? Please come next week if you can.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Same again this Friday 11th April
11am Central US time.

PM me if you're "new" and want to join in.

Friendly relaxed call - we'll discuss what we want from future calls.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Next call Friday 18th April 11am Central Time. 1 hour or just over depending on numbers.
I will "host" on Skype (unless someone else would like to.)
Intending to be ongoing weekly FOR NOW.

All ladies welcome. PM me to join.

Format/Focus for this Friday call as agreed by those on this last call today:

NOT a full-on Mastermind, more relaxed than that, but with a business and forward-motion feel. A chance to hang out with women with a similar mindset.

Everyone gets to share:
- 1 Win from the last week,
- 1 Problem/troublesome area (that hopefully people can suggest solutions or insights for).
- If you're working on a project (which could just be "on yourself" for now) and want to, ask for the others in the group to hold you accountable on one goal for the following week.

Don't be daunted if you are not working on something specific; we agreed that it's a really great idea to just hang out with people with a similar mindset, and that everyone has something to offer even when they think they don't.

(It's been suggested we use Google Hangout instead of Skype but let's use Skype next week as we didn't discuss it).

Also, if someone wants a different format of call - you won't be treading on my toes, go ahead!

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Thanks for today, those ladies that were present.

Same again next week - 11 a.m. Central US time Friday 25th April on Skype.

All welcome, PM me for in - and feel free if anyone wants to set up a call at another time.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Same again this Friday 2nd May
11am Central US time.

PM me if you're "new" and want to join in - I will phone everyone on Skype at call time.

Friendly relaxed call - you can ask for help and accountability tracking if you like, or just say "hi" and enjoy the company of like-minded ladies, maybe ask for some opinions or help on something without it being VERY SERIOUS.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Any new ladies who read this - you'll be very welcome to join us (or propose additional times to meet if our current time slot doesn't suit you)

It's great to get to know other ladies who have similar concerns, we are certainly business focused but qently so and having a fun chat with it.

Next week Mayana will be hosting the call on Skype, I won't be around.

Friday 9th May 11am Central Time.

If you want to take part in the call, make sure Mayana has your Skype ID - PM her if not sure.

Clare

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I just wanted to bump this thread and let the ladies who haven't had the chance to join in on a call that it's not too late.

PM me with your Skype ID so that way I can make sure to add you for the call this Friday.

As @cautiouscapy said, the next call is Friday May 9 @ 11 a.m. Central US Time.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
New ladies - as always, you are welcome to join us, PM me if you want in with your Skype ID.

Tthe next call is on Skype on Friday May 30 @ 11 a.m. Central US Time.

We are discussing moving this to a slightly different time on Fridays, so if another time would suit you better, PM me and let me know and I will add you to the PM that goes to all on this call.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
If any ladies new or long-term would like to join us for up to an hour, now at 10 a.m. Central US Time on Fridays, this Skype call is still happening.

It is not a focussed Mastermind-style call, more "meet for coffee" but given that we are on broadly similar journeys, we do discuss business ideas and you are welcome to bring problems to discuss or share wins.

I shall actually not be around for the next 2 weeks (July 18th, 25th) but am hoping the call will still happen.

Do PM me and I'll hook you up with the others on the call.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.