The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Women of FastLane Virtual Meetup

eldub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Sep 3, 2013
New York
Hello Women of FastLane!

I joined FastLane back in September as I was wrapping up a big project, with the intention of returning during the beginning of this year to kick off my FastLane presence the right way. As a woman of my word, here I am.

And, because I always like to start off any relationship-building by giving, I'm hosting a Women of FastLane Virtual Meetup on Friday, January 17th at noon, Eastern. (Sorry, no recording. We're building a group culture of people who SHOW UP -- even if that's just two people at first.)

The meeting will be for 75-minutes and the agenda is as follows:
  • 30-second self-intros (This is not about recanting your life story, but rather a bit about you and how we can learn more if interested; there aren't many of us :) so this won't be too long)
  • Offer/need exchange (We're all working on something. Offer: how can you help another woman FastLaner? Need: what do you need to take the next step? This is how the big guns do it...success leaves clues.)
  • Outline next steps for us as a group. (We are our only limitations, where do we want to take this?)
This is NOT going to be a "girls club", that's not my thing. This is a build/grow/share group for grown-a$$, successful, advancing women. Which leads me to the next thing, requirements:
  • Full-time self-employment. If you're transitioning out of a 9-5 RIGHT NOW, that's OK, but no forever full-time employees with "dreams" of being an entrepreneur someday, somehow on the third Thursday in August during a full moon.
  • Positive thinking people. No complainers, victims or whiners.
  • No information hogs. If you don't want to share resources, app reccos, book suggestions, etc., then this is not the group for you. A generous spirit will build the foundation we need.
  • Big thinkers. If you want to hide and/or play small, this group is NOT for you. In this group, we will have each others backs during launches, provide testimonials (after experiencing the service/product),etc. Only women who want to make a BIG splash need apply.
  • Must be able to have fun. This is a journey and most of us want to have FUN during the process! Let's not forget that. Let's not take ourselves too seriously.
  • No hawking of wares. Enough said.
  • Personal responsibility. I'm not the leader of this group, I'm the organizer. There's a difference. If you don't know the difference, ask me. You're responsible for your own "stuff". I will not send reminders or "guilt" you into doing what's best for your and your business. Don't show up? That's on you.
Both ON FastLane and OFF, I'm building a solid, tight-knit "cabal" of women who will support each other as you've seen so many other "experts" do online. We've all seen the SAME women entrepreneurs over and over and over and over online. *Yawn* It's time for a changing of the guards.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I will send you the call-in details.

Let's get it started...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hey @bensonj! Can't wait to hear more about your journey. Can your product work with hair extensions?

Billion dollar beauty industry! Get your piece of the pie!!!

Did my tag work for MJ?! It's not blue - the one I put with the @ sign..

Ps. SN: I'm converting those pesky MLMers... 1 MFL Book at a time!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
@mayana might like to know about this too.

@eldub - FANTASTIC idea, I'll be there, it's in my diary.

I am sure I will have things to contribute, and I WANT to think big - but day-to-day I am crawling along with a lot of fear or acting like a headless chicken.

Hm, tags...I need to read up about the new format of the forum I think...

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Thanks for letting me know about this @cautiouscapy! I haven't been on the forum much in the past few weeks (got lots going on - it's just temporary), but I am definitely interested in this since this year HAS to be a big year for me.

Looking forward to it, @eldub!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ladies, just an FYI -- I just emailed her to see if this is still ongoing. If don't hear back, I will close the thread down.

PS: Seems to be some interest for this type of thing -- if this falls through, perhaps someone else could spearhead the group.

eldub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Sep 3, 2013
New York
Hello all, sorry to be MIA.

I started this thread, came back the next day, no one had replied and so I figured no one was interested.

I didn't get ANY notifications in my inbox --- they all went to spam (grrrr) so my apologies. I'm NOT one to start something and then walk away, so if you ever don't hear from me, that's NOT the norm.

Thank you for your patience and a special thanks to @MJ DeMarco for the heads up that all of you had responded. Thanks, MJ!

Anywhooooo....

Thanks for your interest. Let's get on with it, yeah?

Please PM me for the call-in number.

I've heard from @cautiouscapy and @bensonj via PM thus far via PM.

@mayana please PM me
@Breaking Free please PM me
@Determined2012 please PM me
@AroundTheWorld if you're interested, please PM me
@ChickenHawk if you're interested, please PM me
@yveskleinsky if you're interested, please PM me
@COSenior if you're interested, please PM me
@Twista if you're interested, please PM me
@AubreyRose if you're interested, please PM me

I don't know if I can PM each of you since I believe I'm still in "park", but I will try after I send this note. Either way, let's try to be in touch so I can give you the call-in information for this Friday's first call.

Let's do this!

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I don't hang out in the forum much, but I do attend the in-person meetups. Count me in. I will PM you.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Are their any women on the forum who are doing eCommerce with a product? Please make yourself known.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I'm doing ecommerce. Just started this week, actually. I chose Shopify, but have previous experience with OpenCart.

Also, sorry I couldn't make the last meeting, but I'll plan on attending the next one.

Last edited:

merryrows

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 23, 2013
Did you guys pursued with the event? Great start for the year! Wish I read this earlier..

merryrows

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 23, 2013
Yes we did the call... Eldub has a lot of networks and connections that have been helping me insanely! I'm so thankful that I got to connect with her!

Missed that! This could be the start of Women empowerment in this forum :)

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I chose Shopify

Hey AnneC!

Can you tell what you like and don't like about Shopify? I am considering using them- but I heard that there are a lot of fees and they take a percentage of each sale- which can add up and be a lot fast...
What are your thoughts on this? Please respond back at your convenience. Thanks.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Shopify used to charge a transaction fee, but a few months ago, they changed their policy. There is no processing fee if you use their payment processing system.

I'm actually really liking it. It's easy to setup, and a breeze to manage. There are lots of nice themes and useful apps for it, although some of them are paid. If you have some basic knowledge of web technology (HTML/CSS/PHP), you will find that customization is relatively simple.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I tried to evaluate several hosted solutions like this because of cost.

However it proved hard to do because I don't know all the features I want yet.
So I decided to use Shopify, and be willing to switch later, but it does require more customization than I expected to look good.

As BensonJ (on the phone) and AnneC have said, simple to do if you have a little knowledge of the technology.

I didn't really want to learn CSS, have only the vaguest knowledge of HTML.

Fortunately it's not beyond me, though it's taking time to understand how it all hangs together.
(I used to do some coding in a past life, but not web stuff).
I hope learning it will stand me in good stead in the future.

It does seem to have a lot of apps and integration modules available off-the-shelf, though most will cost you - ebay, accounting packagages, what do you want?

Shopify DOES have a pile of tutorials and its own forum, I guess other solutions probably do too. So any question I have is answered there.

Last edited:

Caroline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Feb 3, 2014
Shopify used to charge a transaction fee, but a few months ago, they changed their policy. There is no processing fee if you use their payment processing system.

I'm actually really liking it. It's easy to setup, and a breeze to manage. There are lots of nice themes and useful apps for it, although some of them are paid. If you have some basic knowledge of web technology (HTML/CSS/PHP), you will find that customization is relatively simple.
That's awesome you like shopify! There were a lot of brands I was suprised to find out used Shopify versus developing everything on their own. Shopify's shops look very professional!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
bump.
I was just thinking about this, and came back to see if the call happened.
Looks like it did!

Was the idea to make this a regular thing?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.