The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You don’t need more friends right now

Anything related to matters of the mind

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Your business is probably not struggling because you don’t ‘network’ enough.

Or because you haven’t gotten into a mastermind that’ll solve all your problems.

Or because you don’t have the right connections.

Your business is a math problem.

Most likely, you just don’t have enough customers.

That’s what you need. You need more customers, not more friends.

Not more handshakes, more investors, more buddies, more connections, more information, more audiobooks, more friends.

Somebody’s got your money, and it’s your customers.

You need to go get them.

If you’re smart and creative it’s so easy to take a million different complicated actions that theoretically improve things but don’t actually improve your business all that much.

What you need at the end of the day, is just more F*cking people paying you money.

Sometimes the best thing you can do for a period is the following:

Dump your girl
Stop calling people, stop taking their calls
Stop going out
Stop your bullshit hobbies for a while
Automate every dumb thing
Get your food ordered and delivered
Stop being fancy

And just roll up your sleeves and brute force some growth.

That way when you wake up, you are getting after it, all the way until you go to bed.

I’m so, so guilty of being too fancy, being lazy, filling my life full of bullshit.

It’s no wonder why there was mediocre progress.

It’s a no brainer, but there’s only really ever progress when you only give one solitary F*ck, and it’s about ONE thing.

That’s when things really get done.

You have to disappear for a bit. You turn into a crackhead but your crack is just getting shit done.

I think about that quote from Eric Thomas:

I don't know how many of you all got asthma here today?

If you ever had an asthma attack before, you’re short of breath, the only thing you trying to do is get some air.

You don't care about no basketball game, you don't care about what's on T.V., you don't care about nobody calling you, you don't care about a party.

The only thing you care about when you trying to breathe is to get some fresh air.

That's it!

And when you get to the point where all you wanna do is be is successful as bad as you wanna breathe then you will be successful.

I used to feel bad because I never only ever wanted one thing. I always wanted a bunch of things and I thought it would be painful and I couldn’t force myself to just want one thing.

What I didn’t realize is that when it’s time, you just won’t care about anything else. You won’t force anything. You just truly won’t give a shit about any other thing. There’s nothing to give up. I don’t want to see anyone. I don’t want to go out. I don’t want to sleep in. I would just as much want to eat a slug. I don’t care for it. And I’m happy.

Now, does the market care how hard we work? Of course not. That’s solipsistic. Nobody cares.

But it just SEEMS, like the only time anything really changes for me, is when I’m all in. It’s just what I’ve noticed. I can only speak from experience.

So if you’re on the fence, and things are stagnant, and you are not seeing big results, and there’s a voice whispering to you that you know what you need to do…

There’s nothing wrong with just going balls to the wall, not responding to anyone, taking 1000% ownership of everything, making 0 excuses and giving your actual 100%.

When you ACTUALLY give 100%, it’s absolutely insane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Well said all around, it's as much about what we don't do as it is what we do.

Eric Thomas is a gold mine, here's a favorite of mine that I thought of as it resonates deeply with "just disappear and do the work" -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9WyKJvlN4c&pp=ygUVbW90aXZlcnNpdHkgZGFyayByb29t

With that said, changing our environment can be key to stoking the flames of creativity. Just yesterday I was sitting next to an older gentleman in a cafe and he was talking to another local, he was working on his poetry and just got published in a well known journal, a long time goal of his. We ended up chatting for a sec while still working. His seat was eventually replaced by a younger man who was super focused on his work, much like myself, who turned down the free sample from the barista coming around, "too sweet" he said. Good for him, I thought, a small win surely among other countless small wins in his day.

The most motivated, ambitious people I encounter everyday are when I go to the gym at 5:30am and then those days where I might spend between 7am to 10am at a cafe. The kind of people you can glance at and think, "I don't know what they do, but they're elite". It's infectious and it carries over into the rest of your day.

If you need to go out, put yourself around driven people that are working hard, instead of moseying about on a weekend "socializing", drinking, and playing. Your environment is everything, and it's beyond the four walls that you live in, and it can either fuel you or hold you back. Get it done early on and then lock in for the rest of the day.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Your business is probably not struggling because you don’t ‘network’ enough.

Or because you haven’t gotten into a mastermind that’ll solve all your problems.

Or because you don’t have the right connections.

Your business is a math problem.

Most likely, you just don’t have enough customers.

That’s what you need. You need more customers, not more friends.

Not more handshakes, more investors, more buddies, more connections, more information, more audiobooks, more friends.

Somebody’s got your money, and it’s your customers.

You need to go get them.

If you’re smart and creative it’s so easy to take a million different complicated actions that theoretically improve things but don’t actually improve your business all that much.

What you need at the end of the day, is just more F*cking people paying you money.

Sometimes the best thing you can do for a period is the following:

Dump your girl
Stop calling people, stop taking their calls
Stop going out
Stop your bullshit hobbies for a while
Automate every dumb thing
Get your food ordered and delivered
Stop being fancy

And just roll up your sleeves and brute force some growth.

That way when you wake up, you are getting after it, all the way until you go to bed.

I’m so, so guilty of being too fancy, being lazy, filling my life full of bullshit.

It’s no wonder why there was mediocre progress.

It’s a no brainer, but there’s only really ever progress when you only give one solitary F*ck, and it’s about ONE thing.

That’s when things really get done.

You have to disappear for a bit. You turn into a crackhead but your crack is just getting shit done.

I think about that quote from Eric Thomas:

I don't know how many of you all got asthma here today?

If you ever had an asthma attack before, you’re short of breath, the only thing you trying to do is get some air.

You don't care about no basketball game, you don't care about what's on T.V., you don't care about nobody calling you, you don't care about a party.

The only thing you care about when you trying to breathe is to get some fresh air.

That's it!

And when you get to the point where all you wanna do is be is successful as bad as you wanna breathe then you will be successful.

I used to feel bad because I never only ever wanted one thing. I always wanted a bunch of things and I thought it would be painful and I couldn’t force myself to just want one thing.

What I didn’t realize is that when it’s time, you just won’t care about anything else. You won’t force anything. You just truly won’t give a shit about any other thing. There’s nothing to give up. I don’t want to see anyone. I don’t want to go out. I don’t want to sleep in. I would just as much want to eat a slug. I don’t care for it. And I’m happy.

Now, does the market care how hard we work? Of course not. That’s solipsistic. Nobody cares.

But it just SEEMS, like the only time anything really changes for me, is when I’m all in. It’s just what I’ve noticed. I can only speak from experience.

So if you’re on the fence, and things are stagnant, and you are not seeing big results, and there’s a voice whispering to you that you know what you need to do…

There’s nothing wrong with just going balls to the wall, not responding to anyone, taking 1000% ownership of everything, making 0 excuses and giving your actual 100%.

When you ACTUALLY give 100%, it’s absolutely insane.
I love this.

It's like mentally getting your mind to a point whereby the one thing is all that matters because there's a million other things that are going to come along and distract you.

A question I've been asking lately is "If I needed to get 200 more customers to save my son's life would I be doing what I'm doing now".

I'm not saying I trick my brain into thinking that's real because it's not stupid and doesn't work like that but each day you do the one thing and ignore all the noise around you each day it starts to become easier, and then addictive.

My wife smokes only when she drinks alcohol, she cannot have a drink without smoking. I doesn't even cross my mind to smoke with or without a drink because I've never smoked and build of years of a non-smoking habit.

repetition becomes a habit and the habit becomes an addiction. Get addicted to the right thing.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

cYn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 25, 2023
I love this. You found that voice, that calling, that reinforcement that consistently gives you the results you expect. You've found your general input to output formula that you trust because its tried and true.

My formula is to always do something hard. Put two things side by side and I will always choose the harder, more challenging thing.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I don’t know why some are addicted to facebook and IG.

I refresh my phone to check my revenue daily, even though it is counter productive.

The idea of more $ coming in gives me a good feeling rush.

I keep trying comparing the last year of the same season, the average of three consecutive months, to see the rate of growth.

It is actually a little bit counter productive, tbh, because focusing on doing the things driving the revenue is more productive.

But I guess in some way it is a good mental state I don’t make hard decision to stay away from too much distraction.

I still believe in “networking” though. I am a firm believer of networking.

Every good idea that I executed on, I realized most of them are not original. I read from somewhere or some people told me about it.

Agenda-less networking is like VC investment with your time, you cannot over invest in it because most of the time they don’t give any tangible return anytime soon, but keep doing it consistently over a long period it will yield asymmetric return.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.