The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Meetup Accountability Call Megathread

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom

Princess site I worked on in January now live.

Heavily modified version of the "Monaco" theme and I followed a series of design mock-ups to get the look/feel the client wanted. I ensured as much of my code was as unobtrusive as possible, meaning it would not interfere with the core theme.

Worked hard to make sure it was done to a standard befitting the client: -

1715755978690.png

1715757197120.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 26, 2023

Princess site I worked on in January now live.

Heavily modified version of the "Monaco" theme and I followed a series of design mock-ups to get the look/feel the client wanted. I ensured as much of my code was as unobtrusive as possible, meaning it would not interfere with the core theme.

Worked hard to make sure it was done to a standard befitting the client: -

View attachment 55944

View attachment 55946
great job with the code!
the header looks immensely awesome in my opinion =)

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
great job with the code!
the header looks immensely awesome in my opinion =)

Thank you very much!!

--

This week (small L): -

1. Finish Dennis App (dependent on #2)
2. J2UK App Auth + single cards functioning in front end -> get single cards demoed & start on auth (big thing for week)
3. Christoph Site flesh out (continue building out)

Things I did instead: -

a) Helped Dennis with other work
b) Helped get princess site live
c) Worked on J2UK single cards (#2)

The single cards work progressed, but not as far as I would like. There are a few small things to finish with the Javascript before I can work on getting the auth stuff done. My goal for next week is to get the single cards JS finished.

On a secondary note, the guys added my original code to a new page and it worked almost flawlessly!

Next week: -

1. Finish Dennis App (dependent on #2)
2. Get single cards demoed & start on auth (big thing for week)
3. Christoph Site flesh out (continue building out)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@NervesOfSteel: not here
@Sumiran: not here
@ElDiablo L: [year goal -> make the first $ as an entrepreneur]
@Subsonic L: perfect the presentation, learn 200 Words in Thai and do 10 Lessons, finish the Geo book, put flyers in 10 more stores in my town [year goal > 13k € this year earned]
@rpeck90 L: "post" [year goal -> pay off the domain]
@The-J: not here
@szalek W: get slug to work, follow up with contacts - 100 invitations to cottages in IN - introduce a new advertising strategy - create a posting calendar [year goal -> 10k PLN]
@lifemaker L: RIP
@The Racing Driver W : get one sale [year goal -> 3k £ a month]
@Lucy Lee W: prepare for the lecture and hold it [year goal ->create one AI product and make one sale]
@Maria 777 W: do backend and full-stack tutorial, code something with everything learned [year goal -> finish a product and begin marketing]
@Inventor001 L : 3 practice tests [year goal -> 80% scores in College, get first sale]

FORMAT (about 5 minutes each)
W or L for the week?
what got done?
what was the obstacle? (NOT what are the excuses....)
how do we clear / overcome / eliminate the obstacle ?
what is the main goal for the year?
what WILL get done this week?

A little less wins than last week but still a nice call.
@rpeck90 asked me an interesting question: What makes me (someone making decent first money) different from the people at level 0 on the call. The only thing I could think of is that I actually offer something to others and help them.

Like @Andy Black would say, "Help people. Get paid. Help more people". If you simply sell something that provides value, money will enter your life. For that money to become something life changing, relative value and CENTS come into play. But first you need to sell something to someone.
Many great things started by simply helping a few people (e.g. the internet was originally made, so universities could exchange information more efficiently)

Maria 777

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 4, 2022
@Subsonic L: perfect the presentation, learn 200 Words in Thai and do 10 Lessons, finish the Geo book, put flyers in 10 more stores in my town [year goal > 13k € this year earned]
@szalek W: get slug to work, follow up with contacts - 100 invitations to cottages in IN - introduce a new advertising strategy - create a posting calendar [year goal -> 10k PLN]
@Lucy Lee W: prepare for the lecture and hold it [year goal ->create one AI product and make one sale]
@Maria 777 W: do backend and full-stack tutorial, code something with everything learned [year goal -> finish a product and begin marketing]
@Inventor001 L : 3 practice tests [year goal -> 80% scores in College, get first sale]

W or L for the week?
what got done?

@rpeck90 asked me an interesting question: What makes me (someone making decent first money) different from the people at level 0 on the call. The only thing I could think of is that I actually offer something to others and help them.

Like @Andy Black would say, "Help people. Get paid. Help more people". If you simply sell something that provides value, money will enter your life. For that money to become something life changing, relative value and CENTS come into play. But first you need to sell something to someone.
Many great things started by simply helping a few people (e.g. the internet was originally made, so universities could exchange information more efficiently)
@Maria 777 W: code a follow along project (video tutorial) using php and mysql, and another one using html, css, javascript, php and mysql [year goal -> finish the product and begin marketing for the product]

hi, just wanted to edit my part to make it clearer. thank you for the call

Maria 777

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 4, 2022

W or L for the week?
what got done?

@MaximOntheRoad i think you didn't say your goals, maybe you can write them

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Excellent call once again - great insights from @Subsonic.

Interesting to observe what influences success; Henry actively wishing not to get customers due to workload whilst others struggling. Moral of story = get offers out the door, do work (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), get paid.

Thank you all once again, inspiring and highly valuable!

-

Goals after domain: -

1. Hire Justine for shoot + Eve Ventrue or Chase Stone for art
2. Get static developed + out door
3. Start looking at hiring & get business set up to handle better work to support world class team
4. Repeat 1+2 with other products (VPS etc) + pre-release evenings at Crazy Horse or similar
5. Get brand listed on Walpole - Promoting, Protecting & Developing British Luxury Worldwide
6. Other secret things

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jan 4, 2023
@MaximOntheRoad i think you didn't say your goals, maybe you can write them
Hey Maria you're right, thanks for the reminder. Here are my goals for next week:

10 reach outs towards agencies, following up with them and also following up with all the reach outs I did over the past 3 weeks.

Wish everyone a win for the next week!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

@ all of you using this call. Everyone is focusing on minor tasks for the week. I'm dropping this here because it's important.

Those tasks you are posting or talking about are not moving you forward. If you want to make it far, start focusing on moving the needle each week.

Saying "im going to post" or prepare for a lecture" is not moving things forward.

You are all working together to be accountable for building your business. Be very intentional about how you are doing that.

Also to note "make money as an entrepreneur" and "get one sale".... these things aren't inside of your control. If it doesnt happen... you can't even blame yourself... right? BUT WHO CARES. You should be responsible for it.

What is the input that you need to do to go make a dollar?... it's definitely not going to come walk in your front door just because you want it to or you feel like you deserve it.

Entrepreneurship is HARD work. You have to make BIG moves consistently, not be focusing on little tasks and playing small to guarantee a win and not be help responsible for missing something on the call.

Take risks, make the call of a lifetime, think bigger, do some real shit!

Do it this week and stop playing around if you want to make it.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

W or L for the week?
what got done?

Was a W for the week... the automations I started with were simple (pulling in ads data automatically via the APIs) but now I'm using GPT-4o to make them super powerful, such as including automated summaries & basic analysis of what went on. There's even more I can do and I've been exploring that.

This week: I'll be on vacation in Florida, will still have to make sure the clients are doing OK but I have nothing planned.

I will make another 3 videos, upload the ones I made this week, and launch the automations for content performance reporting & test suggestions, first for my ad account. If they work well then I'll roll them out to client accounts

Last edited:

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Apr 26, 2023

W or L for the week?
what got done?

I got disconnected during the call because there was a huge thunderstorm in my area. Everything went off.

It was a L for me this week. Since I've got exams nearing, I want to focus more on study atleast for this month so here are my goals.

- Study for 4 hours & make 50-100 flashcards everyday
- Continue working on the website project for client
- Reach out to 10 people everyday with personalized messages and keep posting content 3X/week on LinkedIn

My goal for the year is to scale my web design business to over $10k/month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.