The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
shouldn't these be programmed to not allow driving with the frunk open....? Considering this is also probably blocking the front camera...? Did you have it in maintenance mode? I would have assumed that's a general safety standard of any modern car.
We had traction control on because of the wet panties everywhere

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Impressive! I hope to walk a 5k this year. Congrats Kak.
2 years after losing my a leg and almost dying, I officially completed this 5k. It was slow, but completed. The course took only about 10,000 steps.. However, in the last year I had to walk 1,100,000 steps to get to this point.

No one sees those 1,100,000 steps, but they were required to get the final, visible 10,000.
438173724_10232539885977464_5723414408844829849_n.jpg

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
562%
Apr 17, 2022
The course took only about 10,000 steps.. However, in the last year I had to walk 1,100,000 steps to get to this point.

Exponential growth - the story of every success in any human endeavor.

Thank you for sharing your story @Runum and congratulations on your extraordinary recovery.

As I've said previously, you are a true Fastlane legend and role model to follow. Most other people would have thrown the towel and given up on life.

But you, are obviously, not most other people.

Let's look at some chart data. This applies to any business as well.

Nerd alert @Jon822 :bulb:

EXPONENTIAL GROWTH​

1715596792925.png

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Exponential growth - the story of every success in any human endeavor.

Thank you for sharing your story @Runum and congratulations on your extraordinary recovery.

As I've said previously, you are a true Fastlane legend and role model to follow. Most other people would have thrown the towel and given up on life.

But you, are obviously, not most other people.

Let's look at some chart data. This applies to any business as well.

Nerd alert @Jon822 :bulb:

EXPONENTIAL GROWTH​

View attachment 55909
This graph is beautiful.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
It felt like the rain would never end here in Cornwall, but the sun has finally come out and it is glorious
One of the greatest places in the UK in the summer

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
3 weeks ago I broke two ribs. Now I m in a dilemma: loosing my shape or keep working out.
I decided to just handle the pain and swapped from running 3 times a week to running daily. I reduced from 90 minutes to 50 minutes.
My doc told me to be crazy, but I don’t want to loose my shape I fighted fir so long.

Btw: I don’t like running as my knees and my back is worn out, but getting old and fat and laz is no option!

Alexander Mish

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 3, 2023
Recently i got into animation. I noticed about myself that when i am thinking about something, i think in images and shapes. So i thought it would be cool to share my visions with world. I started with action first, and tried to create something. Then i encountered problems, and was searching for specific solutions :)
This is the first big project for me, it goes like this:
View attachment Final.mp4

There was a few steps before that with experimentation, trial and error.
I learned about sources of light first, and thought that i can find some magic instrument that would do all work for me - but no. In here i experimented with 3d and light.
View attachment First draft.mp4
Then i expanded upon it, and tried to make my vision into reality. But i was quickly overwhelmed, so i eased up into it. I made a lighthouse-like style animation, like in the movies scenes. It looks scuffed, because of the 2d light ray that i used. But overall i am pleased.
View attachment Draft2. Light experiment.mp4
Then i did another layer of trial and error. This one with what i actually wanted to make.
And the final one is in the first video. Where i brought together everything that i learned and knew.

Alexander Mish

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 3, 2023
Last week I went and stepped out of my comfort zone, I had a healthy fear of heights but I decided to get my top-rope certificate!

Here’s a pic of me on the wall climbing a route (5c difficulty):

View attachment 52994

The top where I eventually got was 17 meters up.

Of course you’re attached to a harness and rope, but the fear of height still kicks in hard!
Hey!
That is cool, i'm impressed that you decided to conquer your fear that way. It's a good idea, I think i'll do that too.
Have you done anything else about your fears since time you posted?

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Hey!
That is cool, i'm impressed that you decided to conquer your fear that way. It's a good idea, I think i'll do that too.
Have you done anything else about your fears since time you posted?
Thank you!

Yeah I have actually! Haven't done much climbing other than just bouldering, but I did end up going to a network event a couple of weeks ago - which was way out of my comfort zone.

Ended up being really fun, so I've signed up for a couple more in the upcoming weeks.

Don't forget to film it if you go up that wall!

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
3 weeks ago I broke two ribs. Now I m in a dilemma: loosing my shape or keep working out.
I decided to just handle the pain and swapped from running 3 times a week to running daily. I reduced from 90 minutes to 50 minutes.
My doc told me to be crazy, but I don’t want to loose my shape I fighted fir so long.

Btw: I don’t like running as my knees and my back is worn out, but getting old and fat and laz is no option!
Bicycling is a lot less stressful for the joints. Also a lot more fun in my opinion. It does technically burn less calories though if I'm not mistaken.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

Walking burns half the calories running does, but it's much easier and less demanding for the body.

Walking 2 hours a day divided in 4 (30min) chunks is much easier than running 1 hour every day.

If you weight your food with a food scale and count calories you also wont gain fat if you don't go above maintenance.

Food for thought.

Alexander Mish

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 3, 2023
Thank you!

Yeah I have actually! Haven't done much climbing other than just bouldering, but I did end up going to a network event a couple of weeks ago - which was way out of my comfort zone.

Ended up being really fun, so I've signed up for a couple more in the upcoming weeks.

Don't forget to film it if you go up that wall!
That's nice, i am glad for you. How did the event go? What people did you meet and made connections with?
I'll film it :)

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Trying out Hinge to find a partner, will let you guys know how it goes and the results of using the app.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Trying out Hinge to find a partner, will let you guys know how it goes and the results of using the app.

Good Luck!

I tried out social media dating a while ago and it didn't work. I did it just to give it a shot.

It pretty much confirmed what I've always thought.

People are addicted, distracted and delusional.

My opinion is that someone is better off meeting someone in a personal setting or context like a particular value, hobby or group.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Good Luck!

I tried out social media dating a while ago and it didn't work. I did it just to give it a shot.

It pretty much confirmed what I've always thought.

People are addicted, distracted and delusional.

My opinion is that someone is better off meeting someone in a personal setting or context like a particular value, hobby or group.
Agreed. I do value more in person relationships than Social Media these days. Better interactions and getting to know people. More valuable. Almost everyone knows me at my contracted job now lol.

I have to figure out locations of where my potential partner could be.

In person relationships > Social Media any day hands down. That's why I love networking events or networking in person in general.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I never buy myself anything anymore. Everything is for my wife or kids. So today I said "EFF it, I'm doing something for me". I got myself the guitar on the right for an absolutely killer deal.

I also went into the local guitar store to get a new pack of strings for it, and they are have a "everything in the store is 15% off for our 15th anniversary". I'm seriously considering picking up a Yamaha bass guitar tomorrow when I go back to get a bridge spring I forgot to buy. I've wanted a bass for a long time.
1000018693.jpg

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I never buy myself anything anymore. Everything is for my wife or kids. So today I said "EFF it, I'm doing something for me". I got myself the guitar on the right for an absolutely killer deal.

I also went into the local guitar store to get a new pack of strings for it, and they are have a "everything in the store is 15% off for our 15th anniversary". I'm seriously considering picking up a Yamaha bass guitar tomorrow when I go back to get a bridge spring I forgot to buy. I've wanted a bass for a long time.
View attachment 55976
That rack for them is pretty neat. What model is the new guitar??

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
That rack for them is pretty neat. What model is the new guitar??
The wall rack is a work of art if I do say so myself! I bought a big slice of mahogany wood and built that myself.

It's an Ibanez prestige RG2550e from 2006. Bridge pickup was swapped to a SD parallel axis. Other than that it looks like it was put in the case and never taken out. It's absolutely mint! I threw a set of 11-56 strings on it and tuned it down a full step and I'm going through tutorials on how to set the floating bridge up.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
The wall rack is a work of art if I do say so myself! I bought a big slice of mahogany wood and built that myself.

It's an Ibanez prestige RG2550e from 2006. Bridge pickup was swapped to a SD parallel axis. Other than that it looks like it was put in the case and never taken out. It's absolutely mint! I threw a set of 11-56 strings on it and tuned it down a full step and I'm going through tutorials on how to set the floating bridge up.
Nice!! Putting 11s on it is wild have you seen the Rick Beato video where he compares string gauges? It’s pretty good!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.