The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Linkedin Content Creation still work?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hello Fastlaners! With the boom of Instragram and Tittok content creation,is linkedin still a good place to create and post valuable content? What kind of content do you like to consume on Linkedin and what type content should one put out on Linkedin? What type of content do you think works best on Linkedin (text, images, infographics, videos). Let me know your thoughts on this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Aug 24, 2023
It's a B2B platform, so you can target business users, solopreneurs here. I see a lot of LinkedIn posts ranking on Google. It gets massive organic search traffic and direct traffic. Search for "Justin Welsh", he has 470,000+ followers on LinkedIn and he posts a lot of free content on how to grow on LinkedIn. You need to post content business owners would consume. So for example don't post funny prank videos, but post about business topics...

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
It's a B2B platform, so you can target business users, solopreneurs here. I see a lot of LinkedIn posts ranking on Google. It gets massive organic search traffic and direct traffic. Search for "Justin Welsh", he has 470,000+ followers on LinkedIn and he posts a lot of free content on how to grow on LinkedIn. You need to post content business owners would consume. So for example don't post funny prank videos, but post about business topics...
Thats a lovely insight, do you think people would like learning about legacy brands, how the cracked the market so on and so forth?

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Aug 24, 2023
For example providing information how amazon was started and what are the lesson a founder can learn from it, the marketing trick used by amazon to grow and expand?
Yes it's a business topic suitable for LinkedIn, but choose your target market. If for example your target market is solopreneurs, then Amazon is very irrelevant and far-fetched for them. Post content you have personal experience with. For example start a business and document your progress and learnings. Don't write rehashed general content, you need to write better content than ChatGPT.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Yes it's a business topic suitable for LinkedIn, but choose your target market. If for example your target market is solopreneurs, then Amazon is very irrelevant and far-fetched for them. Post content you have personal experience with. For example start a business and document your progress and learnings. Don't write rehashed general content, you need to write better content than ChatGPT.
Got it, thanks a ton man!

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Paradoxically, Justin Welsh is exactly who I would not recommend following on LinkedIn if you want to sell to businesses. He creates content for brokies who dream about freedom. That’s who his 500,000 followers are. You don’t want to sell $100 courses lol. There’s only room for 1 in that position.

Get serious and start helping proper businesses.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Aug 24, 2023
Paradoxically, Justin Welsh is exactly who I would not recommend following on LinkedIn if you want to sell to businesses. He creates content for brokies who dream about freedom. That’s who his 500,000 followers are. You don’t want to sell $100 courses lol. There’s only room for 1 in that position.

What do you mean by "business"? Solopreneur is a nonemployer business. It is a type of business.

The U.S. Census Bureau, an official website of the United States government ( Census.gov ) officially calls these solopreneurs "nonemployer businesses". There are about 35,000 nonemployer businesses reaching 1 million USD per year revenue according to the U.S. Census Bureau, I don't think they are "brokies". It is based on the tax return data that the Census Bureau receives from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Nonemployer businesses are "proper businesses".

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
What do you mean by "business"? Solopreneur is a nonemployer business. It is a type of business.

The U.S. Census Bureau, an official website of the United States government ( Census.gov ) officially calls these solopreneurs "nonemployer businesses". There are about 35,000 nonemployer businesses reaching 1 million USD per year revenue according to the U.S. Census Bureau, I don't think they are "brokies". It is based on the tax return data that the Census Bureau receives from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Nonemployer businesses are "proper businesses".
@Kak please explain to Bence that “solopreneur” = brokie. Thank you!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
495%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

You and I are seeing more eye to eye lately.

the government isn’t the official definer of meaning

@Kak please explain to Bence that “solopreneur” = brokie. Thank you!
LOL

While I wouldn’t use that same terminology, solopreneur is just self employment.

There are two kinds of ”businesses” as the world defines them.

Type A- Success is not beholden to the expertise, time and value created by one person. What I consider a “real“ business.

Type B- Success is is directly dependent on the time input and value provided by one person. Self employment. (Painter, window washer, photographer, consultant, freelancer and prostitutes all fit this definition.)

Type B ”businesses“ are only businesses in the sense that they aren’t a W2 job, but they still are a job. Your tax return just tells you it’s not a job.

@Bence Ur have you read MJ’s first book The Millionaire Fastlane ?

He defines a Fastlane (or real) business as something that meets the cents commandments.

Control, Entry, Need, Time and Scale.

The biggest failures we see on the forum are people that read his book and somehow determine they should trade $800 worth of crypto, or freelance to get rich.

Now the burning question, is a job or self employment necessarily bad? No. Of course not. It can be a great means to an end. Some people even become wealthy executives, though you can’t count on it. Very few other options put some money in your account this week. But don’t think it has the power to build what you likely came here to build.

About LinkedIn, it has been a great tool for us in my industrial chemical company. We have found a lot of synergy and strategy with people we have met on LinkedIn. It is a fantastic tool. You can influence a lot there without being an influencer.

Last edited:

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Aug 24, 2023
Great topic but we are going offtopic here :) So just a quick answer, yes I read the book. A nonemployer business might hire other contractors and use software products. A nonemployer business with 50 contractors and expensive software is still a nonemployer business. I've recently read the Elaine Pofeldt: The Million-Dollar One-Person Business book, recommended read. Here the author states that these successful nonemployer businesses (=solopreneurs) get outside help, for example they hire contractors. But since these contractors aren't employees, they are still considered nonemployer businesses. In that book you can read about one-person businesses, yes some of them are fastlane.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Great topic but we are going offtopic here :) So just a quick answer, yes I read the book. A nonemployer business might hire other contractors and use software products. A nonemployer business with 50 contractors and expensive software is still a nonemployer business. I've recently read the Elaine Pofeldt: The Million-Dollar One-Person Business book, recommended read. Here the author states that these successful nonemployer businesses (=solopreneurs) get outside help, for example they hire contractors. But since these contractors aren't employees, they are still considered nonemployer businesses. In that book you can read about one-person businesses, yes some of them are fastlane.
Those non-employer businesses will never make 10s or 100s of millions. It’s simply impossible, and don’t take that literarily, ofc. There are exceptions like Joe Rogan, Howard Stern, Oprah, etc. But those are exceptions. YOU can’t replicate that. You need to be born with that talent and conditions that are ripe for its development.

It amazes me how small the newbies here think. I was talking about this with another member, but recently the fastlane forum has been getting filled by newbies who don’t know what they’re doing.

If you think inventing some stupid gadget, or becoming a consultant is your ticket to 10s or 100s of millions you’re deluded. The real path to 10s or 100s of millions is getting involved in business that involves 10s or 100s of millions. Diamond trade. Oil exploration. Massive deals between corporations. Working for the Microsofts/Apples of the world. Getting investor money, etc.

I tell this all the time to the agencies I work with. STOP working for broke clients, and you’ll stop being broke. Start working for companies like Porsche, who have more money than they can care what to do with. Do business with them. Help them solve their problems.

Stop helping your average Joe — they won’t make you rich.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
495%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
People get too wrapped up in the word "employee." And the government definitions of things. I didn't say employee. I said success beholden to the value and time input of one vs many.

If you have contractors, you have people that "work for you," therefore the business isn't beholden to the efforts and value created by one person.

Reading a book, before you start your business, that tells you all about how to not have w2 employees is needless handicapping before you even start. It's making the business more about what you want than what it needs to be. You give the business what it needs to thrive. Period.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.