The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

13 Year Old Entrepreneur Asking For Advice

Elmeri

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 19, 2022
Hey guys, I'm a 13-year-old entrepreneur who mowed lawns this summer. I'm learning about digital marketing right know. I've read Unscripted and The Great Rat Race Escape both awesome books. I'm looking to start now my CENTS business. I just still can't get business ideas. I've applied the stuff about getting fastlane ideas in the books but still I can't seem to get the ideas. I've listened to the market, tried to think of what problem can I solve, what can I improve, where can I skew vale, etc. But I still can't get good ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
Hey guys, I'm a 13-year-old entrepreneur who mowed lawns this summer. I'm learning about digital marketing right know. I've read Unscripted and The Great Rat Race Escape both awesome books. I'm looking to start now my CENTS business. I just still can't get business ideas. I've applied the stuff about getting fastlane ideas in the books but still I can't seem to get the ideas. I've listened to the market, tried to think of what problem can I solve, what can I improve, where can I skew vale, etc. But I still can't get good ideas.
Perhaps you can try stalking MJ in his backyard? XD

You could also try writing a daily journal of any problems you have during the day (Anything that annoys, frustrates you, or is too time consuming).

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
we did 600k in lawn mowing this year and next year's goal is 1.2m.

lesson: maybe the execution is more important that the idea.
Why not $60M?

I thoroughly dislike this idea that execution > idea. Sure, you need good execution, but good execution on a shit idea is worth $0.

Mark had good execution on an amazing idea (Facebook). The idea matters. The idea is basically the potential of your business. If you execute on a low-potential idea you’re wasting time that could be spent executing on a high potential idea.

And the reason why you pulled in $600k and not $60M is because those are the limits of your idea. You can’t “out-execute” the limits of the idea. A similar company to yours, but say in SaaS could’ve scaled to $60M in the same timeframe you scaled to $600K.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
Try getting a job. You'll be exposed to new opportunities, and it might motivate you even more on your entrepreneurial journey.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Why not $60M?

I thoroughly dislike this idea that execution > idea. Sure, you need good execution, but good execution on a shit idea is worth $0.

Mark had good execution on an amazing idea (Facebook). The idea matters. The idea is basically the potential of your business. If you execute on a low-potential idea you’re wasting time that could be spent executing on a high potential idea.

And the reason why you pulled in $600k and not $60M is because those are the limits of your idea. You can’t “out-execute” the limits of the idea. A similar company to yours, but say in SaaS could’ve scaled to $60M in the same timeframe you scaled to $600K.

To hit 60m I will need roughly 41 franchisee locations at about 9 crews each, only about 30k customers. For the 120 days of the year we can expect most signups, we can get about 5 signups per salesperson. I’d only need about 25 salespeople working to accomplish 15k customers in a single year.

I just need to have 41 people with one location, or a combination of people with multiple locations that gets us to that number of locations, then a year or two of advertising to fill them out.

That’s not a lot. I’m 25. I’m not worried. I’m having fun. We will be just fine.

I will let someone else write code and cross their fingers hoping sequoia capital funds their “Uber for cats” business.

The grass is always greener.

Elmeri

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 19, 2022
To hit 60m I will need roughly 41 franchisee locations at about 9 crews each, only about 30k customers. For the 120 days of the year we can expect most signups, we can get about 5 signups per salesperson. I’d only need about 25 salespeople working to accomplish 15k customers in a single year.

I just need to have 41 people with one location, or a combination of people with multiple locations that gets us to that number of locations, then a year or two of advertising to fill them out.

That’s not a lot. I’m 25. I’m not worried. I’m having fun. We will be just fine.

I will let someone else write code and cross their fingers hoping sequoia capital funds their “Uber for cats” business.

The grass is always greener.
Thank you for the advice

Elmeri

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 19, 2022
Perhaps you can try stalking MJ in his backyard? XD

You could also try writing a daily journal of any problems you have during the day (Anything that annoys, frustrates you, or is too time consuming).
Thank you for linking the thread

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...