The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO YouTuber from Slovakia

jurajvie

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2018
Slovakia
Hello everyone!

My name is Juraj, I'm 17 years old and live in Slovakia. My current job is creating educational YouTube videos in Slovak language, which I've been making for 1 and 1/4 year and gained 80 000+ subscribers so far. Besides YouTube I workout, do freeride skiing and cycling.

I've always enjoyed creating videos. I mostly get nice reactions from people and it's also a quite unique job for a 17 year old. But... I just want more. Not only because YouTube generally doesn't pay well in Slovakia (one of the lowest CPM's in the world), but also because it cannot be well automated / passive.

As probably almost everyone, I was told to follow slowlane for my whole life. When I mention "business" in front of my family, they smile, tell me it's risky and that I should be a doctor. No thanks. When I was (almost) 16, I realized that I never want to get waked up by an alarm clock (only if it's for skiing :D ), that I never want to work when someone tells me to, and also I don't to work for shitty salary while my boss is purchasing a new Bentley. After few months of doing YT, I realized it's a good, fun hobby, but won't make me free. I started thinking about what "real" can I do while idealy use my YouTube fanbase to promote it.

And that's where I'm now. I've read a few books about entrepreneurship, but Unscripted and TMF definitely influenced me the most. I'm really thankful for somehow coming across your books MJ, you really changed my whole perception about money.

I registered to Fastlane Forum to get inspired and learn something. I'm looking forward to talk with you! :smile2:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Minus9

Contributor
Aug 30, 2018
I'd suggest looking into affiliate marketing - taking advantage of the mass amount of audience you currently have. You'll quickly grasp the concept when taking a look at that.

Good luck. I am relatively new myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom