The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Accountability Group

Anything related to matters of the mind

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Hey guys,

Having been around here for a long time and falling into the wantrepreneur trap of spending a few weeks executing and then losing motivation. I have now discovered the perfect way to keep on track.

Over the last four months I have been posting weekly accountability pieces on a number of different facebook groups that I'm apart of and then following up later with results/lack of results and my goals for the next week.

This has really helped keep me on track as I travel through the desert of desertification and has allowed me to continuously reach small milestones that further increase my determination and build positive forward momentum.

However, it has been the lack of results some weeks that has actually benefited me the most as I feel embarrassed letting down the group and vow not to allow the same to happen the next week. Whereas before it would be very easy to throw it all in and let the negative momentum spiral out of control or last for a number of weeks.

I'd like to invite anyone interested to join the Weekly Accountability Facebook Group that I have started. It's only for people who are executing and moving towards their goals with obsessive burning desire. We have ten members at present and want to grow the group to include many more people with their own unique stories and advice to share. The primary reason the group was founded was a bit selfish as I wanted a place to gather all my thoughts without annoying others who may not have the same weekly goal intentions. I was posting a lot on groups such as Fox's/SinisterLex's but they are web design and copywriting groups essentially and my continuous posting didn't fit into those molds.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Hey guys,

Having been around here for a long time and falling into the wantrepreneur trap of spending a few weeks executing and then losing motivation. I have now discovered the perfect way to keep on track.

Over the last four months I have been posting weekly accountability pieces on a number of different facebook groups that I'm apart of and then following up later with results/lack of results and my goals for the next week.

This has really helped keep me on track as I travel through the desert of desertification and has allowed me to continuously reach small milestones that further increase my determination and build positive forward momentum.

However, it has been the lack of results some weeks that has actually benefited me the most as I feel embarrassed letting down the group and vow not to allow the same to happen the next week. Whereas before it would be very easy to throw it all in and let the negative momentum spiral out of control or last for a number of weeks.

I'd like to invite anyone interested to join the Weekly Accountability Facebook Group that I have started. It's only for people who are executing and moving towards their goals with obsessive burning desire. We have ten members at present and want to grow the group to include many more people with their own unique stories and advice to share. The primary reason the group was founded was a bit selfish as I wanted a place to gather all my thoughts without annoying others who may not have the same weekly goal intentions. I was posting a lot on groups such as Fox's/SinisterLex's but they are web design and copywriting groups essentially and my continuous posting didn't fit into those molds.

Is this for people working in the same space/discipline, or on varied entrepreneurial endeavors? How do you keep each other accountable?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I enjoy being in accountable groups. And after taking some time off because of Health, I need to get back on track and in the flow and rhythm, but same question, is it just for specific niche or everyone on their own projects?

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Is this for people working in the same space/discipline, or on varied entrepreneurial endeavors? How do you keep each other accountable?

I enjoy being in accountable groups. And after taking some time off because of Health, I need to get back on track and in the flow and rhythm, but same question, is it just for specific niche or everyone on their own projects?

At the moment the majority of people in the group are involved in either Copywriting or Web Design but a number of them run B2B businesses or have slowlane jobs with side hustles. It's not up to other people to keep you accountable. You have to do that yourself but it helps when you have to put your thoughts/goals into words in front of other people and then follow up on it. I know I really really hate letting the group know that I haven't achieved my targets. It's very motivating.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
At the moment the majority of people in the group are involved in either Copywriting or Web Design but a number of them run B2B businesses or have slowlane jobs with side hustles. It's not up to other people to keep you accountable. You have to do that yourself but it helps when you have to put your thoughts/goals into words in front of other people and then follow up on it. I know I really really hate letting the group know that I haven't achieved my targets. It's very motivating.
Thanks for the reply. It's funny that I encountered your post, since my most recent accountability partner flaked out on me two weeks in a row. I should have phrased my question, "What's the accountability mechanism?" I know how accountability groups work, most being based on a combination of the honor system (accepting at face value that everyone is actually doing what they say they're doing), and some level of public shaming (we incur the shame of everyone knowing that we didn't live up to our word). But the reason I ask what your mechanism is, is that I've been in accountability groups and mastermind groups before, and they've all failed. I love the concept, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any skin in the game, meaning they will incur some pain or loss if they fail to meet their goals (like a monetary commitment - see Stikk), or risk being eliminated from the group if they don't meet certain participation metrics. Sounds hard a$$, I know, but like I said, every single group I've been involved in has failed, due to a lack of real accountability.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
put your thoughts/goals into words in front of other people and then follow up on it. I know I really really hate letting the group know that I haven't achieved my targets. It's very motivating.
Think that's what I really meant. I already know to be accountable to myself, inner motivation, inner drive to succeed.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the reply. It's funny that I encountered your post, since my most recent accountability partner flaked out on me two weeks in a row. I should have phrased my question, "What's the accountability mechanism?" I know how accountability groups work, most being based on a combination of the honor system (accepting at face value that everyone is actually doing what they say they're doing), and some level of public shaming (we incur the shame of everyone knowing that we didn't live up to our word). But the reason I ask what your mechanism is, is that I've been in accountability groups and mastermind groups before, and they've all failed. I love the concept, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any skin in the game, meaning they will incur some pain or loss if they fail to meet their goals (like a monetary commitment - see Stikk), or risk being eliminated from the group if they don't meet certain participation metrics. Sounds hard a$$, I know, but like I said, every single group I've been involved in has failed, due to a lack of real accountability.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I too have been apart of some accountability groups in the past that haven't succeeded. The core reason I feel behind this is that eventually the groups lose focus and no longer become fun. It becomes a mentally draining chore to keep up to date with things and people eventually fall too far behind and become embarrassed about how little progress they have made. Eventually if a majority of the group isn't making progress the place falls into inactivity. That is why Facebook is a much better medium for running a group like this its not as mentally draining to just check in every now and then between talking to your friends and looking a random memes. Also the sheer size of the group (we are growing slowly but surely) means that there will always be someone posting updates about their progress and every time someone posts you get notified. I won't lie.. this group is still a very big experiment but I have made more progress in the last three months using this type of accountability method that I have done in my previous three years here working alone on the Fastlane forum.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Jordan has been killing it these last few weeks, especially with the accountability group. Writing down goals and sharing them with others seems to work well in terms of motivation. I'm part of the group but am not as active as I'd like. The fact that other people "might" hold you responsible for your goals makes you want to accomplish them more than just keeping it to yourself (IMO).
If you feel like you can use a bit of a push now and then, this is a great way to stay on track.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Jordan has been killing it these last few weeks, especially with the accountability group. Writing down goals and sharing them with others seems to work well in terms of motivation. I'm part of the group but am not as active as I'd like. The fact that other people "might" hold you responsible for your goals makes you want to accomplish them more than just keeping it to yourself (IMO).
If you feel like you can use a bit of a push now and then, this is a great way to stay on track.

Thanks for the reply to the post Jan. Yes, I have been having great success in the last two weeks I have made more money than entire previous nine months put together so it definitely is working. I'm also killing it with the fitness goals I'm putting on more muscle and weight. It's amazing how when you fully commit to something and become obsessed you suddenly begin to get results. I know I described it as the 'Snowball Effect' in my latest post on the groups page. I need to focus more on college this week as I have been neglecting it. Should have seen this time crunch coming especially when I'm making 3x as much as an average full-time wage here while still being a college student.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Since I joined this group, I went from 4 to 6 figures, worked 120 more hours per week and lol just kidding

I really recommend this or any other accountability group, writing goals down out of itself already helps you and with people looking at it even more!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.