The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Value-vouchers vs. money-chasers

Anything related to matters of the mind

jodichaffee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2017
Virginia
Henry David Thoreau said "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."
This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot. I don’t know yet how I am supposed to earn money but I am working to create value with what little resources I have. I’ve been told that I need to find my “why” in order to have a vision that will motivate me to keep going.
My vain “why” is simply to provide for my family and earn our freedom. My value “why” is to supply my audience with quality content that will serve their families. So, when I seek to bring quality to my work, it will be more fulfilling to me and my audience. This is what will ultimately have an impact.
It’s hard when I don’t really see myself as an influencer, but is that something that just comes with the perspective of giving value to my audience? I already know the answer but I want to know your take on feeling insignificant in the vast internet world where it feels like every market is saturated. I believe I have something unique to offer but I’m still learning how to get my message out there.
How do you all realize your value “why” without getting anxious about your vanity “why”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It’s hard when I don’t really see myself as an influencer

No one starts as an influencer. It starts with influencing ONE. Yes, just ONE.

Facebook started with ONE line of code.
My books started with ONE word.
Famous musicians start with ONE fan loving ONE song.
A legacy of change starts with ONE action.

Start.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
You sound timid and too gentle, like a fragile wet blanket that sops all over you.
Remove the soppy stuff
Outline what you LITERALLY offer
Outline what your competitors are and what they literally offer
Don't play favorites with YOUR stuff, just honestly compare them, and if yours is worse then you need to alter it
If yours is better STOP ADVERTISING WITH PITY AND START ADVERTISING WITH A HOOK

First thirty seconds, no one knows who you are, QUICK TELL THEM INSTANTLY
Ok you told em, youve now got a few minutes QUICK I THINK YOU ARE A SLEAZY BUSINESSS OR A LOSER BUSINESS OR WHATEVER HOW CAN YOU GET ME TO POSITIVELY RELATE TO YOU!!!
Ok, now I'm relating to you, how do you sell me? I've got twenty minutes to spare then I'm gone. Gogogo whats going to woo me?
Show me your experience, your ability, your skill, astound me and make me want more!

Now the sell button, can I find it? Is it easy? Does it all work? Are the logistics of it sorted?
Good, now I'm a customer!
Now how do you keep your customers?
How do you use that as leverage to get more customers?
How can you make this thrive and come to life?

Don't be a wet blanket, be like a wooden doll, like bruce lee says
Click, clack, smack
Be fluid like water, fill the vessel you are in
Crack and snap like a whip

No time to waste, don't disappoint people by being slow and daft
Quicken up

Btw, I'm still growing too at your phase
Just figured out how I wanna create my fastlane vehicle
Now its setting it up like the above
It takes time...
Its tough

But if your fundamentals are actually solid, don't whinge