The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Value creation vs money chasing

Anything related to matters of the mind

Justin1999111710

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Mar 3, 2015
Long Island New York
Bob and Fred both worked at the same job due to cut backs they both were laid off and are now homeless!! Both of theme spend there days by busy highway exits soliciting drivers for cash in two very different ways. Bob has a sign telling his sob story asking for money for food. When bob asked me for money I said sorry I have no cash on me (lie) and drove away. A few exits down I see Fred he has a cooler with a sign that says ice cold waters 1$ I gladly roll down my window toss him a buck and enjoy my ice cold water while stuck in rush hour traffic. The difference between the two is that Fred solved a problem and fills a need that me and the other drivers had. " it's hot out and I'll be stuck on the road for ever with no chance to get a cold drink" so I felt happy giving him my money. if he gets a case of 24 water bottles for 4$ he makes a 20$ profit each case even though he is technically breaking the law so is Fred. Although I felt kind of bad not helping bob every wants money and I dident tell him to depend on the job he got laid off from. Fred added value to my life and made my terrible drive a little better.

This is a fictional story based on my understanding of value I learned from reading unscripted . If I got it wrong please let me know so I can learn also if anyone else wants to write a similar short story about value I would like to read I had fun writing this hope you guys enjoyed it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Nice little analogy. Right on the money.

Provide value to society and people, don't beg for handouts.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Bob and Fred both worked at the same job due to cut backs they both were laid off and are now homeless!! Both of theme spend there days by busy highway exits soliciting drivers for cash in two very different ways. Bob has a sign telling his sob story asking for money for food. When bob asked me for money I said sorry I have no cash on me (lie) and drove away. A few exits down I see Fred he has a cooler with a sign that says ice cold waters 1$ I gladly roll down my window toss him a buck and enjoy my ice cold water while stuck in rush hour traffic. The difference between the two is that Fred solved a problem and fills a need that me and the other drivers had. " it's hot out and I'll be stuck on the road for ever with no chance to get a cold drink" so I felt happy giving him my money. if he gets a case of 24 water bottles for 4$ he makes a 20$ profit each case even though he is technically breaking the law so is Fred. Although I felt kind of bad not helping bob every wants money and I dident tell him to depend on the job he got laid off from. Fred added value to my life and made my terrible drive a little better.

This is a fictional story based on my understanding of value I learned from reading unscripted . If I got it wrong please let me know so I can learn also if anyone else wants to write a similar short story about value I would like to read I had fun writing this hope you guys enjoyed it

That works

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.