The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to loose weight (not succeeding )

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Hi Guys ,
I am trying to loose weight for past 6 months now but not getting any success . Earlier I was 154 pounds now my weight is 172 pounds. I do gyming daily and walk around 30-45 mins regularly .I have also reduced my diet (eating now 33% less than earlier ) still it seems to be not working . Is weight gain related to aging ..like I am 31 Years now ?
Any forum member who overcame this problem ...kindly advice .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I have lost approx 25 lbs in the last two months by following the Fuhrman diet.

Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman: Food list – What to eat & foods to avoid

TLDR: Low calorie, low fat, low protein, high micronutrient density.

No:
Meat, dairy, all animal products
Oil, butter, nuts
Starches & Grains

Yes:
Greens (at least 1lb per day)
Beans (max 1 cup cooked per day)
Onions - unlimited
Mushrooms - unlimited
Berries - 3-6 servings per day
Seeds - limited to a couple tablespoons per day

Not for the faint of heart, but I feel great, and it clearly works.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Having smaller plates has been shown to work, in fact there is direct correlation between increase in plate size over the last 20 years (in America) and increase in waist size.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
You are not losing weight because you are not in a caloric deficit(google it).

That is the only reason. Every other diet, plan or whatever bullshit you can find is based on this.

You are eating more than your body needs to survive, therefore it stores the extra energy in the fat cells.

Count your calories and stay in a caloric deficit.

srx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Nov 6, 2017
NYC
Hey man I can definitely relate to this post and hope I can help. When I first started my job out of college really failed to take care of myself. Between the stress, lack of activity, and poor eating habits I ballooned in weight and struggled for years to get it off. Subsequently I managed to come down 40 pounds from my max of 222 to 182 and, most importantly, keep that weight off over the past year without exorbitant expenditure of willpower.

In terms of understanding the mechanisms behind weight gain, I think the best available resource is The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. While the most overt and common of nutrition advice points to a "calories-in calories-out" model, many doctors including Fung have begun championing a hormone-based understanding of weight gain, particularly in relation to insulin. I wouldn't go so far as to say that calories don't matter-they do, especially during the incremental gains phase while aiming for a six pack or something. But understanding how the body releases insulin and stores fat, and how to take control of that process, will give you the 20% of knowledge that makes 80% of the difference, if not more.

In terms of practical things you can do, for diet I recommend the slow carb diet as popularized by Tim Ferris in the Four Hour Body (Chapters Slow Carb Diet I and II). This is a low glycemic index diet, in accordance with minimizing insulin spikes thereby reducing fat storage. I've been doing this to some degree of strictness or another since I've lost the weight, and it is extremely sustainable (you also get one cheat day which is great).

While keeping your insulin levels low will keep you from getting fat, it's only half the equation. Arguably the "healthiest" diet (ie one preventing heart attack, stroke, diabetes, dementia) is a whole-food plant-based diet. Dr. Greger of NutritionFacts.org has some amazing videos about the topic, and here is a cool one on the topic of plant based diets and weight loss. Given that plant based foods tend to have lower caloric density, a lower insulin response, and higher fiber content, it makes sense this diet is also conducive to losing weight.

In personally combining these concepts, I try to do stay plant based most/all weekdays, and slow carb 6 days per week.

Netflix also has some great documentaries. Check out Fed Up (all about sugar and its negative effects), Forks over Knives (more plant based food info), Hungry for Change, and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

In terms of gym routine, I'm still learning about what "the optimal return on time" workout is. If you have the time and the willpower, the original P90X is is old but extremely effective. P90X3 is a nice compromise that is 30 minutes long, though probably not as potent as its predecessor. As for the underlying reasons making these programs so effective, perhaps another user here could enlighten me.

I hope this helped and provided some useful information that may not come rushing to the top of Google when you search for weight loss info.

Edit:

One more thing. I always empirically felt that my body had some kind of inertia in weight change, like losing weight was hard when fat and dieting and easier to avoid regaining when thin and eating poorly. Later I happened upon the same concept in the Obesity Code, which referred to it as the body set weight. Because of this phenomenon, I would recommend mustering a lot of willpower and doing a hard workout program like P90X combined with the above diet recommendations, then transitioning to a much easier, more sustainable workout program to maintain your progress. Willpower is a finite resource, though we don't like to think of it as such. And staying in shape is vastly easier than getting in shape.

Last edited:

calebbschilling

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 25, 2018
Waterloo, IL
Hi Guys ,
I am trying to loose weight for past 6 months now but not getting any success . Earlier I was 154 pounds now my weight is 172 pounds. I do gyming daily and walk around 30-45 mins regularly .I have also reduced my diet (eating now 33% less than earlier ) still it seems to be not working . Is weight gain related to aging ..like I am 31 Years now ?
The best thing I ever did for myself was follow the Insanity workouts with Shaun T from Beach Body. It’s an hour out of your day and he helps in pushing you to create a better you. Definitely something worth looking into! It’s not an easy workout let me tell you, but afterwards you will feel so accomplished. He gives you a meal plan to follow; it’s very rudimentary, but you won’t get tired of the food options he suggests. Hope this helped! :)

SimonSays

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Apr 19, 2018
I was very successful with a mix of Keto and intermittent fasting. I've lost about 30 pounds within a few month without having to count calories.

Keto: Stay below 20g of carbs per day. Substitute with good fats (olive oil, avocado etc). This will change your body into a fat burning machine. I did this very strict for a while, but have now introduces some carbs back into my lifestyle.

Intermittent fasting: There are different forms of this. I just don't eat for 2 non consecutive days per week. You can also not eat before, let's say 2 or 3pm every day. The body needs at least 16 hours to go into a fasting state. The longer you stay in it, the better.

Also, gym or any other kind of activity helps a lot. I have never felt better than now!

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Two words: Intermittent Fasting

Here is a post that can be found right here in FLF:

Is Anyone Else Intermittent Fasting?

I have incorporated it into my life since the end of Christmas and it has been amazing.

I follow a simple routine of eating between the hours of 12PM-8PM and then fast the other 16 hours.

According to the scale in my house around Christmas time, I was about 207lbs and I have dropped to 193lbs since then.

I have not been working out or running as much as I would like, but doing IF has kept me healthy and energetic in that time period.

Definitely look into it further to see if it is right for you.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Three things to remember when trying to lose weight.

1. Stop eating so much. Seriously this can do wonders. Reduce the amount of food that you shove in your mouth.

2. Stop eating sugar or high fructose corn syrup basically anything that contains glucose. Sugar makes you fat because your body transform unused glucose into body fat. The amount of daily glucose that our body needs is enough in one apple. Simple way to reduce sugar is to stop drinking soda forever.

3. Stop eating carbohydrates when broken down in our stomach they are turned into sugars. Anything that is made from flour will make you fat. Natural carbs can be found in potatoes and brown rice. Stick to those only.

Protip: Fats do not convert into body fat when digested. Fats are good for you animal fats, nut fats and dairy fats are good for the body. Avoid fat free foods and diet drinks. This diet foods actually make you fatter. To compesate for taste of reduce fats manufuctures add more sugar to fat free products.

Brindas Andrei

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 27, 2018
Hi,​

I'm also in the pursuit of losing weight. I recommend to read the book `Bigger Leaner Stronger` by Michael Matthews.
Until today I've lost 10 kg (22 lbs) of body fat in 2 months using his advice.

Until you read the book, I'll give you a quick overview.

There are a few pillars that.

The first one is Doing Compound Exercises with Progressive Overload.
  • Compound Exercises are exercises that are made with free weight. Exercises like Bench Press, Deadlift, Squats and Military Press work wonders, regardless if you want to build muscle or to lose body fat.
    • Why do you want to do this exercises that are good for your muscle? Because losing weight isn't the same as losing body fat. I think your goal is losing fat. When you are losing weight you may also lose muscle, which is bad for your health and undesirable;
    • Doing this exercises will help "hack" your body into using protein you eat to rebuild muscle, not to eat your muscle in order to get the protein it needs (this process is called glucogenesis);
  • Progressive Overload means that you are lifting heavier weight every week and every workout.
    • Your muscles and strength won't grow if you don't force them to do this.
    • If today you lift 6 reps with 160 lbs, next week lift 4 reps of 170 lbs, the next 5 or 6 reps with 170 lbs.
    • The best way of doing this is keeping in the range of 4-6 reps. Lift weights so heavy that you can't do more than 6 reps and so light that you won't lift less than 4. This is the sweet spot he recommends and this is what I've done, but you are free to try with more reps.
    • If you are doing this training, you shouldn't be doing more than 3 or 4 exercises in a gym session with 3 sets every exercise.
    • Also, you need proper rest in between the sets. That would mean 3-4 minutes. I know, it seems much, but I've tried it, it works and it gives you the strength you need to do this heavy lifts.
Then, let's talk a little about nutrition.
  • Calories is the thing you need to watch. Here is the not so rocket science behind them: if you eat more than you consume every day, you gain weight. If you eat less than you consume every day, you lose weight.
    • First, you need to know your BMR (Base metabolic rate) and your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). You can Google TDEE calculators, they are accurate, but I will advise you to round down that value, or subtract about 200 kcal.
    • Second, you need to track what you eat. There is a saying, "what can't be measured, can't be managed". You have to track the calories of what you eat. Download an app like My Fitness Pal. It is easy to use and it is quite effective. Quick tip: when logging your calories you eat, round them up, it will be a safeguard.
  • Macro-nutrients are protein, carbohydrates and fats.
    • In a nutshell, protein is what makes your muscle grow, or, in the case you want to lose weight, will preserve your muscle mass. I've got some surprising news for you: you have to consume quite a quantity of protein daily, that means 150-180 grams of protein. I know it is much, but you need this, especially if you want to lose weight.
      • The golden rule is eating 1 gram of protein for 1 pound of body weight.
    • Carbohydrates are like fuel for your muscles. Also, they won't make you fat. Eating more calories than you consume is the only thing that makes you fat. You can go on a low-carb diet, but I recommend against it. Why? Because eating carbohydrates helps you have more strength in the gym. Glucose is like fuel for your muscles and every kind of carbohydrate (either from tomatoes or from Snickers) are turned into glucose.
    • You have to pay special attention to fat. Why?
      • 1 gram of protein = 4 calories
      • 1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories
      • 1 gram of fat = 9 calories
      • I recommend eating a small quantity of fat because it is easy to get over your daily calorie goal if you eat too much. And I don't like fat.
    • Basically you can eat almost whatever you like, as long as you stay in a calorie deficit (eating less calories than you consume).
      • If your TDEE is 2500 kcal and you eat 2000 kcal, you are in a deficit of 500 calories.
      • In a week this accumulates to 3500 calories that would be roughly 1 pound of fat.
I think that's it for short. I really recommend buying the book, it is less then $10 on Amazon Kindle and it worth the buy.

I hope my info helped you gain some more insight into reaching your goal.

Have a great day, everyone!

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
Hey There,

Some couple of posts already covered the most important things.
You need to do ONLY TWO things to loose weight: caloric deficit and work your a$$ out.

Exactly one year ago I was 24 kgs more, now i'm around 13,5% body fat which was in my goal zone.
If you don't loose weight, it's because you ain't burning enough.
Don't fall for diets, focus on HABITS, they will carry you to the finish line and over.

I've seen plenty of folks at the gym saying "oh I'm on this diet" and two months later saw them getting hammered at the bar and not going anymore to the gym, go figure the diet...

Focus on a SIMPLE,EASY habit that will compound overtime.
For me was starting with intermitting fasting and then it made a cascade effect towards everything else....

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Thank you all very very much for suggestions .I have decided to add following things in my fitness regime (as per suggestions above):
1. Intermittent fasting (will start from 10 hours and take it till 14 hours)
2. Less sugar intake (currently I am taking 3-4 tablespoon sugar will halve it right away)
3. Calorific deficit diet (will further cut down my diet and if I feel hungry will replace it with Fruits,vegetable instead of general Carb)
4. Standing up more (I think this can be one possible reason as my Job is sedentary ,I am hustling side by side on my business which again is sedentary most of the time)
Things I will continue :
1. Gyming 30 Mins a day
2. Walking 30-45 Mins a day

I will post my progress in 15 days from now.(12 May 2018).

UrbanLegend

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 22, 2017
Munich, Germany
Thank you all very very much for suggestions .I have decided to add following things in my fitness regime (as per suggestions above):
2. Less sugar intake (currently I am taking 3-4 tablespoon sugar will halve it right away)
3. Calorific deficit diet (will further cut down my diet and if I feel hungry will replace it with Fruits,vegetable instead of general Carb)
4. Standing up more (I think this can be one possible reason as my Job is sedentary ,I am hustling side by side on my business which again is sedentary most of the time)
Things I will continue :
1. Gyming 30 Mins a day

I think you should make the caloric deficit your number one priority. Because this is what actually makes you loose weight. The other things just help create that caloric deficit. They are tools in the toolkit. Tracking calories weighing your food might be a pain in the a$$ at the beginning. But it will get you the results 100%.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
You are not losing weight because you are not in a caloric deficit(google it).

That is the only reason. Every other diet, plan or whatever bullshit you can find is based on this.

You are eating more than your body needs to survive, therefore it stores the extra energy in the fat cells.

Count your calories and stay in a caloric deficit.

Precisely. This is the truth. And you're right. There are millions of diets and I suppose there will continue to be more because if one can brand a certain dietary approach, then that means a business, and thus profits. But at the base of all effective diets, as you've identified is a reduction in overall caloric intake.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
Things I will continue :
1. Gyming 30 Mins a day

Couple of adjustments are needed:

1) very well IF, at the beginning you will experience brain fog, it's normal and lasts couple of days, ramp up the caffeine intake in the AM if it's too numbing.
2) "Less" is not more when it's sugar, how you track that? I did say the same thing a year ago and after a month of my "healthy" diet i gained 2 kg's...WTF I was doing wrong? i bought "healthy" food (green packaging, pictures of sunny valleys) but inside it was full of shit.
HEURISTIC RULE FOR YOU: IF IT WASN'T EATEN BY THE ANCIENTS, STAY AWAY
3) No need to cut down the calorie intake if you are already at a -500 deficit. if you feel the need to eat more, ramp up the fats during the meals you have and fiber.
AVOID FRUIT. modern day fruit it's no way the healthy gift of the Gods from the past, it's chemically engineered to be a sugar bomb that looks pristine even after a nuclear fallout. do you know that Orange was bitter but the Portuguese took it from Goa and mixed till the orange of nowdays? and for Lord sake, stay away from juices and detox bullshit.

4) Stand up more is good, gym 30' a day no. if you don't let your muscles rest before another push, you will make no gains, the pareto efficiency rule will play against you and you will fall out of this regime.
Try go to the gym less and start with some "free body" training the first month.
I started making an habit of doing a early am workout (only 15') and sticked to that for 5 months! without skipping once, why? what happens if you can't go to the gym? or if you don't have 2 hours free? you skip, and that's ignites the fall out. EVERYONE has 15' in the morning to do burpees, if you don't, you lie to yourself

Good, what happens if you don't post here in 15 days your results and your actions?
Can we put stakes here? if you don't do it, you should send 50$ to a charity of the admins choice, deal?

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Couple of adjustments are needed:

1) very well IF, at the beginning you will experience brain fog, it's normal and lasts couple of days, ramp up the caffeine intake in the AM if it's too numbing.
2) "Less" is not more when it's sugar, how you track that? I did say the same thing a year ago and after a month of my "healthy" diet i gained 2 kg's...WTF I was doing wrong? i bought "healthy" food (green packaging, pictures of sunny valleys) but inside it was full of sh*t.
HEURISTIC RULE FOR YOU: IF IT WASN'T EATEN BY THE ANCIENTS, STAY AWAY
3) No need to cut down the calorie intake if you are already at a -500 deficit. if you feel the need to eat more, ramp up the fats during the meals you have and fiber.
AVOID FRUIT. modern day fruit it's no way the healthy gift of the Gods from the past, it's chemically engineered to be a sugar bomb that looks pristine even after a nuclear fallout. do you know that Orange was bitter but the Portuguese took it from Goa and mixed till the orange of nowdays? and for Lord sake, stay away from juices and detox bullshit.

4) Stand up more is good, gym 30' a day no. if you don't let your muscles rest before another push, you will make no gains, the pareto efficiency rule will play against you and you will fall out of this regime.
Try go to the gym less and start with some "free body" training the first month.
I started making an habit of doing a early am workout (only 15') and sticked to that for 5 months! without skipping once, why? what happens if you can't go to the gym? or if you don't have 2 hours free? you skip, and that's ignites the fall out. EVERYONE has 15' in the morning to do burpees, if you don't, you lie to yourself

Good, what happens if you don't post here in 15 days your results and your actions?
Can we put stakes here? if you don't do it, you should send 50$ to a charity of the admins choice, deal?
Thanks a ton for detailed plan. I will keep them in mind.
The reason I put a date on giving progress update is just that ..so that I feel accountable . I will definitely update .

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Important: it's not about "cutting down" from your current calorie intake.

It's about eating fewer calories than you burn.

If you are average height/weight, and currently eating 4,000 calories a day, you will be gaining weight.
If you "cut back" to 3,000 calories, you will still be gaining weight even though you've eliminated a full 25% of your calories.

This is why many larger people fail at diets - what feels like a tremendously difficult and substantial cut to their diet may still be resulting in them gaining weight (or even just maintaining their current weight).

As someone else pointed out - all forms of weight loss and strategy relate to calorie intake. There may be amazing health benefits to various styles of dieting but you will not lose weight if you consume more than you expend. It's just that simple.

Things I will continue :
1. Gyming 30 Mins a day

Do not do these things. It is far, far too much change. Unless you are the 1% in terms of motivation and willpower, you will never do all this at the same time.

Here is what you should do, in my personal opinion:

1. Count your current calorie intake. Use something like myfitnesspal or loseit or another easy to use app. Log EVERYTHING for a week. Don't try to be good or diet during this time - just eat normally and log your food. If there's 2 tablespoons of oil used to cook your broccoli - count that! If you have a glass of milk - count that!

2. Figure out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Tons of calculators out there for this. It's basically height/weight/age/exercise level kind of questions. It'll spit out some number. This is the number that you need to eat to maintain your current weight. If you eat this amount, you will neither gain nor lose weight.

3. Design a repeatable meal plan for yourself that is 500 calories (or whatever) lower than your TDEE every day. You will now lose about 1 lb every week (because you need to burn 3,500 calories for every pound of fat you want to shed). Go lower than 500 if you want but keep it sustainable.

My 2 cents.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
Thanks a ton for detailed plan. I will keep them in mind.
The reason I put a date on giving progress update is just that ..so that I feel accountable . I will definitely update .
You are welcome, and I know about why you posted the date, I'm actually raising your standards by asking you to raise your stakes, are you motivated enough? are you willing to be consistent?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
2017 I was pretty lazy, so I gained some extra weight. I went from 168 earlier this year to 150. I didn't do anything fancy. I put myself through some grueling exercises that would leave me drenched and dripping with sweat after. I also changed my diet to include lots of fruits and vegetables, and stopped eating junk food, or out at restaurants so much.

See if you put your body through the demands, it WILL adapt to change. If your body isn't changing, it means it's not being challenged enough.

As for the exercises I did, I did a combination of circuit training and martial arts conditioning, as well as going on tough snowshoeing trails. I also got the flu, and the stomach flu right after where I puked my guts out all night and barely ate for a like a day, that might have played a part in losing weight haha.

EDIT: If you're trying to lose fat, focus heavily on cardio intensive exercises. I highly recommend picking a circuit or something similar.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
You are welcome, and I know about why you posted the date, I'm actually raising your standards by asking you to raise your stakes, are you motivated enough? are you willing to be consistent?
Consistent Yes,Motivated Yes ..increasing stake fist 15 days I am sorry .

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
2. Stop eating sugar or high fructose corn syrup basically anything that contains glucose. Sugar makes you fat because your body transform unused glucose into body fat.

So if I eat any sugar it goes directly into fat storage? Nonsense.

3. Stop eating carbohydrates when broken down in our stomach they are turned into sugars

Why should he stop eating carbs? They are an essential macronutrient that the body needs to survive.

Anything that is made from flour will make you fat

It won't. Just no. You are plain wrong and that statement makes no sense.

This diet foods actually make you fatter

Again, false! Why would that happen?

--

Before making these absurd claims to a person who obviously has no idea what he has to do to lose weight I suggest you provide some evidence to back up your claims. Just saying that X foods make you fat shows to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

The main thing he should focus on is the caloric deficit. That's it.

I know that it's not always so black and white but for the majority of people that works. And in order to try some new diet, he should first try this because I guarantee that it works for 99% of people.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
This thread is becoming a debate about how to eat healthy. @Bhanu is asking for weight loss advice yet nobody is asking him anything important. Everyone is just throwing shit on the wall. We don't have enough information to give him good advice because everyone is different.

How tall are you?
How much weight do you need to lose?
What does your diet consist of?
What diets have you tried in the past?
How many calories?
How many macros and whats the macro split?
What are the types of foods?
What are you drinking?
When are you eating/drinking?
How much sleep are you getting?
Is your life stressful? Non stressful?
What is your gym routine?
Do you have an eating disorder?
Are you diabetic?
Any other health issues?
What do you do daily?
How physically demanding is your job?
How much do you work?
Do you understand human physiology?
Do you live with family? friends?
Are they fat?
Are they bad influences?
Is there tons of unhealthy food in the house?

These are all I can think of at the moment. No two people are the same. You may need to do something different than someone else with the same goal.

I do wish people stopped talking about a caloric deficit and calories in vs out. Weight loss is not that simple. Calories are one small piece in the puzzle of weight loss. (Because your body changes its calories out based off of what you put in.)

I've been in your situation where you try to lose weight and end up gaining weight. Don't give up.

D

Deleted50669

People tend to over-complicate weight loss to avoid taking action on weight loss. It is simple. You lose weight when you consume less calories than you burn every day.

Steps:
1) Determine your resting metabolic rate (RMR).
2) Eat less calories than your RMR each day (will need to adjust if you workout).
3) Lose weight.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Things I will continue :
1. Gyming 30 Mins a day

... and smaller plates! I wasn't joking, it really works!

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I have lost approx 25 lbs in the last two months by following the Fuhrman diet.

Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman: Food list – What to eat & foods to avoid

TLDR: Low calorie, low fat, low protein, high micronutrient density.

No:
Meat, dairy, all animal products
Oil, butter, nuts
Starches & Grains

Yes:
Greens (at least 1lb per day)
Beans (max 1 cup cooked per day)
Onions - unlimited
Mushrooms - unlimited
Berries - 3-6 servings per day
Seeds - limited to a couple tablespoons per day

Not for the faint of heart, but I feel great, and it clearly works.
Thanks for sharing G-Man,
Would you be able to share 3 meals off the top of your head following this diet?

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
My advice (down 45 lbs so far) learn about CiCo (calories in, calories out) and to count your calories, and not just those you eat, also the ones you drink.

ejames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 5, 2015
New York
Hi Guys ,

I did.

Here is my health regiment in addition to working out.

1. Ashwaghanda
2. Cordycepts
3. gotu kola
4. He Wo Shu AKA Foti
5. Reishi
6. Shilajit (Powerful esp if you drink)
7. Rodela Rosia
8. Potassium 3g per day
9. Pregnenalone
10. Krill oil.
11. Deer Antler
12 Not a supplement but more of a practices (NO SEX). It helps increase agression and drive since your expending energy unnecessarily.

Most of the supplements on the list helps your adrenals which helps with losing weight. It could be your cortisol levels so supplementing with Chinese herbs helps your body achieve homeostasis.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hi Guys ,
Don't be so hard on yourself...but discipline is key :) also remember if your working out muscle weighs more than fat.
You can't always go by the scale but by your old clothes is best.
Everyone needs to see what works for them..I can only share what worked for me in the past: New job, in front of computer without movement can be tough on the body.

Me...I read material and took what I chose n left what I did not for example I read the old book "Fit for life" basically what I took from that...I worked an early shift back in the day so my thing that worked for me was I ate only fruit in the am until noon, then a sandwich like turkey n cheese, veggies, stayed away from sauces or anything with extra fat...dinner normal...just tried not to eat after 7 or take second helpings :) My in laws were from Italy and cooked all that yummy, delicious foods...that was fine quality over quantity. Read all about health n fitness...walked every day an hour....cut out stuff I added sugars too tea n pastries..took it slow not more than 1-2 pounds a week...and worked out I used the book by cause I enjoyed free weights...so in a nutshell....work out free weights, whole body, 20-45 min cardio....eat enough for your body so you have energy :) cut back on the fried yummy stuff but when you lose the weight you reward yourself like you make your rules it could be after 2 weeks you can have that fried chicken that week...u create ur rules.....results are slow but forthcoming with discipline and hard work! Best of Luck...u could do this...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.