The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is the small hurdle that an entrepreneur has to face, which can make the biggest impact...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
Screenshot (698).png
If they don't come to you, come to them.

This is tedious as F*ck but you gotta do what you gotta do, One cold email and dm every day, small but baby steps at least, I am gonna expand my view of a niche. Making a personalized script too for each client.

To other entrepreneurs out there that are scared of cold dming people, just do it man its gonna pay off in the long run, at least do 1 cold dm/email a day

And IF they do respond, handle with utmost care. Treat it like you are defusing a nuke.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
View attachment 48995

This is tedious as F*ck but you gotta do what you gotta do, One cold email and dm every day, small but baby steps at least, I am gonna expand my view of a niche. Making a personalized script too for each client.

To other entrepreneurs out there that are scared of cold dming people, just do it man its gonna pay off in the long run, at least do 1 cold dm/email a day

And IF they do respond, handle with utmost care. Treat it like you are defusing a nuke.
Wtf are you saying.

This is literally the opposite of what you need to do when starting out. Treating clients like "a nuke your defusing" will make you come across as needy and will also make you approach business with a massive scarcity mindset. Also sending one message or dm a day will hurt you more than help you. Why? Because it F*cks up your perception of volume. You cant test scripts on 5 clients and then conclude something.

I find the graphic accurate because it never leads to "they sign a client" and always stays with looking for people.

If you want to get customers you do these things:

->Help 10 people for free and baffle them with how much you provide for "FREE" (I am talking building them a whole website with full crm backend setup type of value and effort)

->Make a irresistable offer and then put it in front of at least 10000 people that may be intersted.

If you do both of these things you will find clients in a reasonable ammount of time. You will also NOT have to "handle them with utmost care" because they come to you, credit card in hand and conviced that your solution will help them.

If we count cold dms as a click (Which is already generous) then you will have ~250 clicks after a YEAR when writing them personalized and by hand. That doesnt mean you have a client. That means you have enough data to optimize from here.

Btw I fixed the first quote for you.

"If they dont come to you, come to them your not helping anyone"

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
Wtf are you saying.

This is literally the opposite of what you need to do when starting out. Treating clients like "a nuke your defusing" will make you come across as needy and will also make you approach business with a massive scarcity mindset. Also sending one message or dm a day will hurt you more than help you. Why? Because it F*cks up your perception of volume. You cant test scripts on 5 clients and then conclude something.

I find the graphic accurate because it never leads to "they sign a client" and always stays with looking for people.

If you want to get customers you do these things:

->Help 10 people for free and baffle them with how much you provide for "FREE" (I am talking building them a whole website with full crm backend setup type of value and effort)

->Make a irresistable offer and then put it in front of at least 10000 people that may be intersted.

If you do both of these things you will find clients in a reasonable ammount of time. You will also NOT have to "handle them with utmost care" because they come to you, credit card in hand and conviced that your solution will help them.

If we count cold dms as a click (Which is already generous) then you will have ~250 clicks after a YEAR when writing them personalized and by hand. That doesnt mean you have a client. That means you have enough data to optimize from here.

Btw I fixed the first quote for you.

"If they dont come to you, come to them your not helping anyone"
Ok I exaggerated the point too much, let me make it clearer:

The nuke defusing metaphor first:

I used this metaphor to say, just act chill and formal yet be attentive to give clients ease that they are dealing with a decent person. And yes appearing needy is the worst thing when it comes to finding a job, it gives the perception of desperation. I should've cleared this up.

The One DM A Day thing is also something I should've cleared up as well. What I mean here is to make contact to at least make a bit of progress everyday. And YES I have made a lead list beforehand. I am just messaging them one by one everyday, juggling a copywriting campaign and finding clients is confusing.

Oh with your line with the "Help 10 people for free and baffle them with how much value you can provide for free." I did this too with a lead, I first sent a voice msg about how I can increase product conversions by reworking their product descriptions, they responded and I sent the reworked product descriptions. Still waiting for the others...

Make an irresistible offer you say? I am gonna review $100M Offers again and rework my FREE copy editing offer to my leads.

Oh and show my offer to 10k people? Sorry bro, I am a freelancer as of the moment, no real biz yet.

And finally thanks on fixing the first quote.

Any other available advice?

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Any other available advice?

Just because your a freelancer doesnt mean you cant treat your work like a business.
While all the other copywriting freelancers are busy messaging people by hand you can use your copywriting skills to make a great facebook ad and "buy" yourself leads.
Imagine you have to spend 10€ per lead and convert 10% of them...

What your doing right now is 99% action. All the people that came from Andrew Tate hu and want to become a "7 figure copywriter" are doing the same thing.

Be different, act differently and you wont recive the same results as those kids.

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
Just because your a freelancer doesnt mean you cant treat your work like a business.
While all the other copywriting freelancers are busy messaging people by hand you can use your copywriting skills to make a great facebook ad and "buy" yourself leads.
Imagine you have to spend 10€ per lead and convert 10% of them...

What your doing right now is 99% action. All the people that came from Andrew Tate hu and want to become a "7 figure copywriter" are doing the same thing.

Be different, act differently and you wont recive the same results as those kids.
Rate this game plan:

- I'll target the E-Com, (Indie Makeup Brand) type biz for this example.

- Make an ad that says "Drive more Traffic to your Personal Beauty Brands website"

- Air the AD on Facebook

- Wait for the clients to roll in.

Any changes needed?

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Rate this game plan:

- I'll target the E-Com, (Indie Makeup Brand) type biz for this example.

- Make an ad that says "Drive more Traffic to your Personal Beauty Brands website"

- Air the AD on Facebook

- Wait for the clients to roll in.

Any changes needed?
Well the idea is cool but there is one issue:

Nobody care about getting more traffic.

You know copywriting, so use it here already. Sell them the dream.

"Tired of having low margins and little conversions? My average client increases their conversion by 5% and doubles their bottom line profit in 2 Months."

I assume you know that already though. Making the ad is easy, you dont even need a website. Make the fb lead form, connect zapier to google sheets and make sure to call your leads right away.
Then, dont sell them on the first call, qualify them instead. If they are qualified, make a videocall later where you work out the details.

You got this man!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
View attachment 48995

Why only one a day?

You need massive number to know if a campaign works or not.

I use to try and hire people to dm on facebook. But soon I learnt spamming such dm could risk getting restriction placed on the account. Hence I stopped.

Tiktok acquisition cost for potential leads is till by far the lowest. Getting recommended by algo is still far better than reaching out massively these days according my own experience.

Traditional model of advertising that reach out to customer and drive them to funnel is good for selling physical products in need, but anything that requires some form of brand or trust it is still best to build the presence on social media. Social media gets a lot of hate when people post but have no conversion but imo it is always better to invest in your own presence thats builds a cumulative value like a form of investment. It builds an economy of scale for your own marketing. Whereas for traditional marketing where you throw money at third party there is zero economy of scale. Throwing 10k at advertising was simply throwing 500 for 20 days. Once it is over there is nothing left.

Last edited:

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
Why only one a day?

You need massive number to know if a campaign works or not.

I use to try and hire people to dm on facebook. But soon I learnt spamming such dm could risk getting restriction placed on the account. Hence I stopped.

Tiktok acquisition cost for potential leads is till by far the lowest. Getting recommended by algo is still far better than reaching out massively these days according my own experience.
Can you further explain TikTok acquisition?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Can you further explain TikTok acquisition?
Make tiktok video for your business to raise awareness.

I sell digital product so I just need to post a link.

You might want to leave contact details kike phone number for a service.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.