The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The ONE podcast episode everyone needs to listen to get their mindset right!

Anything related to matters of the mind

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
I have listened to many entrepreneur stories and talked to countless of individuals on their path to success. Prior to someone mentioning this episode, I did not know who ‘MrBeast’ was.

After I listened to this honest , down to earth presentation of how the dude went from nothing and just a love of making videos to being the #1 highest grossing youtuber of all time – I was in awe of his path !!

His thinking and process is VERY similar to what mine and @NeoDialectic has been through the years, and embodies entrepreneurship very well. He’s now beyond where I can ever hope (or need) to become, but this story resonated with me like no other. There are MANY lessons and takeaways in everything he says here, and I think everyone on this forum can benefit greatly from listening to this one. There are many discussions on this episode - everything from how his day goes, to generating ideas, to shying away from the traditional college path to much much more!

With myself being someone who has gone through the up and downs, successes and failure of entrepreneurship – this episode strikes the perfect balance of how it all goes in reality.

There were no ‘lucky breaks’, no ‘voodoo magic’ and no handouts. Just a guy trying over and over, starting from the bottom, and working his way up day by day. No ‘events’, just a plan and persistence like no other.

Some of his views and mentality now are beyond what I can comprehend for my life (reinvesting every dollar / up to millions or dollars for every video) etc.

Have you listened to this episode? What are your thoughts?

He does VIOLATE some commandments of CENTS (mainly control as majority of his operation is based on youtube) – and I’m sure with time he can leverage his name, personality and accomplishments in other ways given how big he’s gotten.

Anyways, here is the episode (you can also find it on Spotify and many other places) – check it out and share your opinion!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
685%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I have listened to many entrepreneur stories and talked to countless of individuals on their path to success. Prior to someone mentioning this episode, I did not know who ‘MrBeast’ was.

After I listened to this honest , down to earth presentation of how the dude went from nothing and just a love of making videos to being the #1 highest grossing youtuber of all time – I was in awe of his path !!

His thinking and process is VERY similar to what mine and @NeoDialectic has been through the years, and embodies entrepreneurship very well. He’s now beyond where I can ever hope (or need) to become, but this story resonated with me like no other. There are MANY lessons and takeaways in everything he says here, and I think everyone on this forum can benefit greatly from listening to this one. There are many discussions on this episode - everything from how his day goes, to generating ideas, to shying away from the traditional college path to much much more!

With myself being someone who has gone through the up and downs, successes and failure of entrepreneurship – this episode strikes the perfect balance of how it all goes in reality.

There were no ‘lucky breaks’, no ‘voodoo magic’ and no handouts. Just a guy trying over and over, starting from the bottom, and working his way up day by day. No ‘events’, just a plan and persistence like no other.

Some of his views and mentality now are beyond what I can comprehend for my life (reinvesting every dollar / up to millions or dollars for every video) etc.

He does VIOLATE some commandments of CENTS (mainly control as majority of his operation is based on youtube) – and I’m sure with time he can leverage his name, personality and accomplishments in other ways given how big he’s gotten.

Anyways, here is the episode (you can also find it on Spotify and many other places) – check it out and share your opinion!

There's a concept @fastlane_dad and I talk about that we call "being about that life". Mr. Beast seems to be the human incarnation of the concept. You don't have to be nearly as dedicated as him to be successful. We are very far from being as dedicated as he is. But the more in line you are with his singular focus, the more you make your luck versus just float through your entrepreneurial aspirations. When your entire day revolves around thinking about something, it turns out that you become really good at it and eventually succeed at it. Who would have thought! Mr. Beast has dedicated 10s of thousands of hours with the singular focus of making videos that are entertaining to a wide audience. How could he not eventually become good at it.

So when MJ talks about success being a process and not an event, this may be another way to understand it. I think it is part of what he is describing in his principle. The process isn't just about having to do x, y, z to accomplish 1,2,3. That seems to be a common confusion. It's about the commitment to the practice of business and refining your effectiveness. So like a dull rock eventually sharpens dull metal into a sharp blade, your commitment does the same to your skillset.

Keep in mind that the there does need to be an overarching goal of improvement in your process. Otherwise you are just hitting a piece of metal with a rock over and over again and wondering why it won't sharpen into a blade.

Last edited:

fastlane_dad

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
There's a concept @fastlane_dad and I talk about that we call "being about that life". Mr. Beast seems to be the human incarnation of the concept. You don't have to be nearly as dedicated as him to be successful. We are very far from being as dedicated as he is. But the more in line you are with his singular focus, the more you make your luck versus just float through your entrepreneurial aspirations. When your entire day revolves around thinking about something, it turns out that you become really good at it and eventually succeed at it. Who would have thought! Mr. Beast has dedicated 10s of thousands of hours with the singular focus of making videos that are entertaining to a wide audience. How could he not eventually become good at it.

So when MJ talks about success being a process and not an event, this may be another way to understand it. I think it is part of what he is describing in his principle. The process isn't just about having to do x, y, z to accomplish 1,2,3. That seems to be a common confusion. It's about the commitment to the practice of business and refining your effectiveness. So like a dull rock eventually sharpens dull metal into a sharp blade, your commitment does the same to your skillset.

Keep in mind that the there does need to be an overarching goal of improvement in your process. Otherwise you are just hitting a piece of metal with a rock over and over again and wondering why it won't sharpen into a blade.
Well said, and like anything else in life - his story is the epitome of living the life of the entrepreneur - out of the box thinking, constant iteration and never giving up. He makes it clear that this wasn't something that was 'just tried'. He literally could not think to do or wanted to do anything else but get real good at this one thing. He was focused on providing VALUE - and the money didn't even come into play until YEARS later!

I have heard no better stories of dedication and constant, small improvements day after day. This guy did not use someone else's 'wealth', his 'ivy league education' or 'connections' to get him to where he is at. He did not sit around wait for the stock market to reach certain levels to give him permission to 'act'.

To employ perseverance and dedication is a lesson of commitment that every person on these boards (or in live) needs to embody to achieve anything beyond average in life. That also applies to improvements in any other field including fitness and relationships.

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing this information. I will follow this up...

Dionysos

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2020
Netherlands
I've added it to my list, thanks for sharing!

Though about him not using the CENTS framework: I've recently seen a video on his success and I believe he now has his own line of fastfood and his own chocolate/candy bars.

Both are leveraging his HUGE audience and selling crazy amounts.

However you could argue what would happen if YouTube would potentially delete his account..

fastlane_dad

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
One of my favorite podcast episodes. I didn't know who he was outside of his clickbait thumbnails, and now I consider him one of my heroes.

Bits he shared that have stayed with me:
  • Diligent breakdown of what seems to be working, and modeling after it within an iterative feedback loop
  • Reinvesting almost everything back into his cause, being mission driven
  • Scaling his content into different languages. This solution is so profound, especially for content-driven businesses, and I've not seen anybody else do this. Even the idea of hiring well-known voice actors in different countries to build stronger rapport with his audience is brilliant.
  • Community-based philanthropy - helping starving people with quality food
  • Using his personal brand to drive attention and sales into subsequent businesses, i.e., his chocolate and burger brands
You're right to bring attention to this podcast - it's a real gem and I hope more of our community can become acquainted with some of these ideas.

fastlane_dad

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
One of my favorite podcast episodes. I didn't know who he was outside of his clickbait thumbnails, and now I consider him one of my heroes.

Bits he shared that have stayed with me:
  • Diligent breakdown of what seems to be working, and modeling after it within an iterative feedback loop
  • Reinvesting almost everything back into his cause, being mission driven
  • Scaling his content into different languages. This solution is so profound, especially for content-driven businesses, and I've not seen anybody else do this. Even the idea of hiring well-known voice actors in different countries to build stronger rapport with his audience is brilliant.
  • Community-based philanthropy - helping starving people with quality food
  • Using his personal brand to drive attention and sales into subsequent businesses, i.e., his chocolate and burger brands
You're right to bring attention to this podcast - it's a real gem and I hope more of our community can become acquainted with some of these ideas.
Appreciate it! There are many 'gurus', 'hustlers' and 'sleep for zero hours a night and then go get it' podcasters I have plowed through but the relaxed and natural tone here really strikes a different cord.

This 1-2 hours REALLY sums up how much of entrepreneurship goes, and that sometimes it's get out there and try something, learn to SUCK at it well, and improve day by day.

No handouts, no special talent. Ambition and grit can take you far - and I really appreciate this is who climbed to the top of the youtube rankings.

Many lessons to be learned here, and you highlighted some key takeaways - thank you!!

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles

One of my favorites as well. Lots of wisdom from such a young kid. I listened to it a while ago now but here's what I remember that stood out to me...

He invests all the money back into what he does because it's what he loves doing. He's so successful IMO because he just wants to create a better product and money is only a tool to make it better. As @AceVentures said he's mission-driven. Because he created such a good product and provides so much value he now has a ton of following(leverage) for any business idea.

The other thing that really stood out is that he either mentioned or gave the impression that if it all went away he would be totally fine with it. Again I think that speaks to the fact that it's not about the money it's about the product, the ideas, and enjoying what he's doing. I believe he also said if you don't love it you won't stay in it. This makes so much sense to me personally looking back on my life when I've burnt out doing things just for the money.

The last thing I remember was that getting mentors is like getting the cheat codes to the game. Someone has the answers who can get you there rather than spending years trying to figure it out yourself. I need to improve at this.

Anyway thanks for posting this. I had forgotten about the Podcast and the thread was a good reminder.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.