The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Starting a business, but... divorce

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

jeje452374

PARKED
Jun 6, 2020
New York
Hi. I’m new here and I’m hoping I’m posting this in the right section/category.

I read Fastlane and I’m charged up and ready to get to work. I’m still reading Unscripted and it’s just fueling me up even more. I only have one fear...

After 3 years my marriage has been going south and I recently moved out just to maintain my sanity and control of my own life. I can no longer live with her in peace and I’ve tried everything. I don’t want anything to hold me back, hold back my energy and drive to build a successful business system that a billion people could benefit from but, it would kill me to start, build it and be successful one day only to have it all taken away in a divorce.

Any recommendations/advice? I don’t want to hamper my ambition by waiting months or years for a divorce to be finalized as I fear my ideas may fade as I wait for the wheels of justice to turn. Sitting on my hands could stifle what could be the next best thing.

Feel like I’m idling in a new Bugatti Veyron, but hitting the gas, moving forward or making that turn could cause me to lose it all...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I read Fastlane and I’m charged up and ready to get to work. I’m still reading Unscripted and it’s just fueling me up even more. I only have one fear...

After 3 years my marriage has been going south and I recently moved out just to maintain my sanity and control of my own life. I can no longer live with her in peace and I’ve tried everything. I don’t want anything to hold me back, hold back my energy and drive to build a successful business system that a billion people could benefit from but, it would kill me to start, build it and be successful one day only to have it all taken away in a divorce.

Any recommendations/advice? I don’t want to hamper my ambition by waiting months or years for a divorce to be finalized as I fear my ideas may fade as I wait for the wheels of justice to turn. Sitting on my hands could stifle what could be the next best thing.

Feel like I’m idling in a new Bugatti Veyron, but hitting the gas, moving forward or making that turn could cause me to lose it all...
Hi @jeje452374 , thanks for sharing.
Yeah, this seems to be in the right section...

TBH, I'm typically against divorces (I'm a kid who came from such a household), but if a relationship is draining you, and not making you a better person- then yeah, by all means, you should start anew.

But I think your conundrum isn't purely because you 'don't want to be held back' though.
If you don't mind clarifying....how exactly has your partner treated you? Perhaps there's more details to look at...

And what do you mean by 'you've tried everything'?

Kevin88660

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Sounds like you need legal advice.

Like how to set up a company where you are an employee working for your dad, like how a bankrupt forum member here did.

Things along that line of thought. There can be meaningful actions now and there is no need to wait...like researching on market need or looking at relevant skills you need to learn.

lomb

New Contributor
Jun 11, 2020
Dublin
You can also work on organizing yourself- Setting up a workflow your comfortable with, time you can devote, managing time and productivity. Obviously protecting yourself if you think its over would be wise. Lets say you have a new biz that generates even 2500 a month in profit, a lawyer would likely mulitply that by a multiple of that.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom