The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple, HTML-based analytics reports to your clients' emails

yla

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jan 15, 2019
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm currently in the process of validating an idea for agencies and business owners that want to send scheduled reports to their clients with metrics they care about. I'm also partially building out the Minimum-Viable-Product currently.

This space is filled with competitors already, but I feel that there are ways to differentiate and engineer value skew to provide something for a niche set of customers.

The Problem
The high-level problem being solved here is that:
  • You are an agency or business owner managing numerous web clients
  • Your clients need to be in the loop of how their website is quantitatively doing
  • You need to send all your clients daily, weekly, and/or monthly reports with metrics they care about
Current Solutions
If Google Analytics is the main data source, the basic and free approach would be to leverage its built-in report feature, which I found to be sub-optimal. It sends out screenshots of Google Analytics views and there's barely any room for customization. Not a high level of professionalism in my opinion and you might end up with information overload with what Google Analytics sends out.

There is also Google Data Studio (free), which a nice step up from the built-in reporting that Google Analytics offers. You can hook up the data sources that you and that your client, ultimately, cares about. You can customize the reports a fair bit with an editor as well. Downsides? Quite the investment of time and effort to get it all set up the way you would like and the end result is that they send out a PDF in the email.

There is also a plethora of paid solutions in this analytics reporting space that I discovered. I won't list them here (feel free to ask about them if you're curious). A lot of them are packed with a ton of features and customization options and cover the downsides of the free solutions above... So why am I creating my own? The main reasons are:
  1. The paid solutions are expensive and people might not want to pay for all the features that they offer. People may be looking for something very simple, yet professional.
  2. The paid solutions still send out PDFs or links to their online web pages. Simple reports that are embedded directly into the HTML of an email might be an easier way for clients to read without any fuss.
My Solution
My product solves the problem stated above and provides:
  • White-labelling. Agencies and business owners can customize the reports with their logo and branding.
  • Simple, HTML-based email reports. Clients can read the reports directly from their email, on their phone & computer, without having to download some PDF or click a link to open up some dashboard.
  • Affordable pricing. The focus here is serving value to people that are looking for the basic, yet effective and professional solution. Not some fancy premium one with 20+ integrations that they don't need.

Would love to hear people's thoughts on something like this. I'm trying to follow Lean Startup methodologies and steer this product's vision into the direction that best serves the market.

If there are any agency owners or people dealing with web-based clients reading this, you'd be perfect to provide feedback and input on this. I'm curious to know if this is something you would pay for or if existing solutions on the market aren't serving you well currently.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.