The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB SCHOOL Showcase your (web)design skills HERE

maverick

Unorthodox Nonconformist
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
A lot of people are starting their (web)design hustles on the forum which is great.

I'd like to use this post for all people building their (web)design business.

Post your portfolio / work here to showcase your skills.

I have 2 projects lined up that can be picked up ASAP and I'm sure other entrepreneurs on the forum will be looking for talented designers.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

therealmark

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 27, 2017
Spokane WA
I wouldn’t solicit myself on this forum but I feel like this post is explicitly asking me to brag.

My personal website is digitalawesome.co

Design is only part of the web process. I also excel at complicated applications.

Here are a couple clients I can think of off the top of my head that don’t mind me sharing:

Fancy design and development: joshphegan.com.au

Complex application Development: AuctionNow.com.au

404profound

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion
I wouldn’t solicit myself on this forum but I feel like this post is explicitly asking me to brag.

Design is only part of the web process. I also excel at complicated applications.

Here are a couple clients I can think of off the top of my head that don’t mind me sharing:

As someone currently learning app development, your site is an inspiration. Are you on the MEAN stack?

therealmark

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 27, 2017
Spokane WA
As someone currently learning app development, your site is an inspiration. Are you on the MEAN stack?
Thank you so much! you made my day :)
I haven't worked on strait a MEAN stack in quite a while. My preferred stack is Postgres, Laravel, Vue.js and Nginx. PLVN haha! But my projects are all over the board. I do WordPress, iOS, Android, Python, Node, etc... It's more about what the best solution for the problem rather than what I like to work with.

Whenever I am learning new development frameworks I always approach it with the question "What problems does this framework solve better then other frameworks?"

If you are trying to learn development and have any questions or are looking for any great tutorials PM me.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW

What was the name of that video game in the 80's that your site reminds me of? Very cool! It might be a tad slow to load for some though since it does that and kind of odd that it splits screen basically for the Learn More but the home page is really cool.

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Unorthodox Nonconformist
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
Good work. I want more, more, more...

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2017
Birmingham

Your work is fantastic sir!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

kanunay

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 20, 2018
United States
Perhaps this showcases my lack of web design skills (I've spent the last 20+ years writing code and doing database stuff), last year I created bayabas.com, in an attempt to build a web-based personal finance app.

An interesting experiment and good learning experience for me, but it never produced results except burning some money on Google Ads.

I've never had an eye for design - when I renovated my house, I outsourced all the design decisions and did the grunt work instead.

poseidn

New Contributor
Aug 1, 2016
Perhaps this showcases my lack of web design skills (I've spent the last 20+ years writing code and doing database stuff), last year I created bayabas.com, in an attempt to build a web-based personal finance app.

An interesting experiment and good learning experience for me, but it never produced results except burning some money on Google Ads.

I've never had an eye for design - when I renovated my house, I outsourced all the design decisions and did the grunt work instead.
No offense but if you've spent the last 20 years coding and spent just 0.001% of that time learning some front-end web dev skills you would have a decent looking site. As it stands i'd wager a newbie going through a web dev udemy course would have an infinitely better looking site than yours within 1 hour. Hell, you could pay someone $5 on fiverr and you would have a better looking site.
Not trying to offend you, just being honest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom