The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Shotgun or a sniper rifle?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Beginning entrepreneur should

• shoot for multiple sources of income from the very begining

• bet everything on one business

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeS

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
I wonder what is your opinion.
Should a person at the beginning of his entrepreneurial life shoot for multiple sources of income (even combining freelance hustle and business/businesses), or should he put all of his efforts into one business and risk that he will be out of the game if it fails?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
This.

Just start learning multiple skills I would say: copywriting, coding, selling, cold calling, marketing, ... Keep your eyes open for opportunities and try several things out. See what works for you.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You first step is to make $1. Find a way. Quit wasting time thinking about it or analyzing. Make $1.

How will you complete this part by this Tue morning?

Ritchie

New Contributor
May 9, 2018
I'm not much of a multitasker, so I'm in favour of the sniper rifle. I'd rather do one job good than two jobs okay-ish. I guess there's an exception for dumb labour, something that doesn't distract your mind too much from your goal. I'd be okay delivering mail for example, because it gives me a lot of time to think about my business still while making money to keep myself afloat.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Wow, this is a loaded question...ha! It depends on many circumstances but...you can't win at multiple businesses if you haven't learned how to win at 1.

Good luck!

OP
OP
MikeS

MikeS

Contributor
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
You first step is to make $1. Find a way. Quit wasting time thinking about it or analyzing. Make $1.

How will you complete this part by this Tue morning?
Sounds like a challenge. No job, no overthinking, just sales. Let's do it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just Enrolled to "Start a Freelance Business: Take back your freedom Now" Thanks! @Lex...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom