The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Shotgun or a sniper rifle?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Beginning entrepreneur should

• shoot for multiple sources of income from the very begining

• bet everything on one business

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeS

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
I wonder what is your opinion.
Should a person at the beginning of his entrepreneurial life shoot for multiple sources of income (even combining freelance hustle and business/businesses), or should he put all of his efforts into one business and risk that he will be out of the game if it fails?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

This.

Just start learning multiple skills I would say: copywriting, coding, selling, cold calling, marketing, ... Keep your eyes open for opportunities and try several things out. See what works for you.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You first step is to make $1. Find a way. Quit wasting time thinking about it or analyzing. Make $1.

How will you complete this part by this Tue morning?

Ritchie

New Contributor
May 9, 2018
I'm not much of a multitasker, so I'm in favour of the sniper rifle. I'd rather do one job good than two jobs okay-ish. I guess there's an exception for dumb labour, something that doesn't distract your mind too much from your goal. I'd be okay delivering mail for example, because it gives me a lot of time to think about my business still while making money to keep myself afloat.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Wow, this is a loaded question...ha! It depends on many circumstances but...you can't win at multiple businesses if you haven't learned how to win at 1.

Good luck!

MikeS

Contributor
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
You first step is to make $1. Find a way. Quit wasting time thinking about it or analyzing. Make $1.

How will you complete this part by this Tue morning?
Sounds like a challenge. No job, no overthinking, just sales. Let's do it!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom