The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

Shotgun or a sniper rifle?

Beginning entrepreneur should

• shoot for multiple sources of income from the very begining

• bet everything on one business

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeS

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
I wonder what is your opinion.
Should a person at the beginning of his entrepreneurial life shoot for multiple sources of income (even combining freelance hustle and business/businesses), or should he put all of his efforts into one business and risk that he will be out of the game if it fails?

Ritchie

New Contributor
May 9, 2018
I'm not much of a multitasker, so I'm in favour of the sniper rifle. I'd rather do one job good than two jobs okay-ish. I guess there's an exception for dumb labour, something that doesn't distract your mind too much from your goal. I'd be okay delivering mail for example, because it gives me a lot of time to think about my business still while making money to keep myself afloat.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Wow, this is a loaded question...ha! It depends on many circumstances but...you can't win at multiple businesses if you haven't learned how to win at 1.

Good luck!

MikeS

Contributor
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
You first step is to make $1. Find a way. Quit wasting time thinking about it or analyzing. Make $1.

How will you complete this part by this Tue morning?
Sounds like a challenge. No job, no overthinking, just sales. Let's do it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum