The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Share Your Website And I'll Provide You With Some Free Design Feedback!

Idea threads

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 23, 2019
Hey guys, any feedbacks on this? The text is in Spanish but it should not be a big issue.
Thanks in advance
Looks pretty solid imo! Maybe a header image might be good instead of just text to draw the user's attention when they first visit the website.

Another small nitpick would be to remove the line from the logo since it doesn't really serve any purpose.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2022
Hey guys, this is my portfolio template (got elsewhere). This is just starting off, I am gonna change it. Any thoughts?
*This isn't promotional btw the site isn't even published to a custom domain just incase anyone is wondering.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Hey guys, this is my portfolio template (got elsewhere). This is just starting off, I am gonna change it. Any thoughts?
*This isn't promotional btw the site isn't even published to a custom domain just incase anyone is wondering.

Functionality:

It takes too long to load, maybe you can do something about optimising those images.

The yellow highlight over the words "Web Designer" and "Webflow" is a little confusing, design-wise it's not appealing and it looks like the highlights you've used for your buttons in the top menu. Are you going to make those words links? If so, I get it, if not, it's a bad look.

I like the way you've done the "See my work" button, but why did you abandon this on the "see this project" button? You should make this a theme throughout the site.

When I click on the button to check the app project, it takes me through to the page fine, but I can't hit the back button on my browser, it just sticks there, and you have no buttons to take me back home.

All things said, the site has promise, but needs to be finished. You need more navigation buttons to take you back to previous menus etc. Plus the most important thing, your contact details need to be easily accessible.

Keep working on it and post it back here.

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2022
Functionality:

It takes too long to load, maybe you can do something about optimising those images.

The yellow highlight over the words "Web Designer" and "Webflow" is a little confusing, design-wise it's not appealing and it looks like the highlights you've used for your buttons in the top menu. Are you going to make those words links? If so, I get it, if not, it's a bad look.

I like the way you've done the "See my work" button, but why did you abandon this on the "see this project" button? You should make this a theme throughout the site.

When I click on the button to check the app project, it takes me through to the page fine, but I can't hit the back button on my browser, it just sticks there, and you have no buttons to take me back home.

All things said, the site has promise, but needs to be finished. You need more navigation buttons to take you back to previous menus etc. Plus the most important thing, your contact details need to be easily accessible.

Keep working on it and post it back here.
Thanks for the feedback, ya definitely some changes have to be made before its published, just wanted a general idea of what people thought.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, ya definitely some changes have to be made before its published, just wanted a general idea of what people thought.

No worries, like I said before, the button style you used on the "see my work" button is cool. If I am looking to hire a web designer, then seeing cool little features like that will help convince me that the person understands design. So anything else like that you can add in, will help communicate your "vibe".

Plus make sure to give "contact us" options for each section and clearly marked on the homepage. So many people neglect to do this, and they lose out on people who just want to cut to the chase.

Lastly, if you have a pricing structure, be upfront about it, don't use price curiosity as a way to get contacted. I think you can do this even if you're offering fully bespoke services, give people a ball park idea. If they can afford you they'll appreciate your honesty and call, if they can't, you haven't lost anything.

Jimmy Wilson

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 10, 2024
Hi there! Thank you so much for offering your graphic design expertise to the community. That's incredibly generous of you!

I'd love to take you up on your offer to get some feedback on my website. I'm particularly interested in any insights you might have on the website's visual design, layout, and overall user experience.

Thanks again for your willingness to help!

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2022
No worries, like I said before, the button style you used on the "see my work" button is cool. If I am looking to hire a web designer, then seeing cool little features like that will help convince me that the person understands design. So anything else like that you can add in, will help communicate your "vibe".

Plus make sure to give "contact us" options for each section and clearly marked on the homepage. So many people neglect to do this, and they lose out on people who just want to cut to the chase.

Lastly, if you have a pricing structure, be upfront about it, don't use price curiosity as a way to get contacted. I think you can do this even if you're offering fully bespoke services, give people a ball park idea. If they can afford you they'll appreciate your honesty and call, if they can't, you haven't lost anything.
Cheers again, appreciate it, really useful advice. As you could probably see, I'm only starting on my web design journey, I've recently enrolled in @Fox's course which is really good. The hardest part is just getting initial clients, and I'm confident if I get them I can leverage upon those results. I do have a client lined up though, he's just not ready to do the website yet.

I'd be interested to know if you've ever worked in web design aswell?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Cheers again, appreciate it, really useful advice. As you could probably see, I'm only starting on my web design journey, I've recently enrolled in @Fox's course which is really good. The hardest part is just getting initial clients, and I'm confident if I get them I can leverage upon those results. I do have a client lined up though, he's just not ready to do the website yet.

I'd be interested to know if you've ever worked in web design aswell?

Cool, a lot of people have had good results from that school. I haven't done web design, but I was an editor and if you go really far back, I was a fashion photographer.

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2022
Cool, a lot of people have had good results from that school. I haven't done web design, but I was an editor and if you go really far back, I was a fashion photographer.
Hey Roli, I haven't got the chance to make any changes yet, but I probably should've given you this link instead- MG Digital Growth- Web Design Services (you shouldn't have any loading speed issues through webflow this time hopefully).

The back button on pages does work on this too, I'll obviously look into other things (such as yellow colour on specific words and "see my work" vs "see this project", etc..)

Let me know if you notice any difference!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.