• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Recommend 3 books

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Redeye, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Redeye

Redeye New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    So I am new to the game, and I'm doing some reading before jumping in. I don't want to get stuck in an endless research phase, so I'm limiting myself to 5 books to get started. My first two are TMF and Unscripted, but I'm looking for recommendations on the remaining 3.

I am starting this entrepreneurial journey from scratch, and some features are an indicator of what I would consider successful.

First, I am interested in building a brand. I'm not interested in becoming a brand myself, but I want to be able to build communities and encourage excitement around ideas.

Next, I am interested in logistics. My ideal business will produce and sell quality products that solve problems. But I have no clue how to research industries or set up the infrastructure to do that.

Last is the wildcard. Recommend anything that helped you become successful (whatever success means to you).

Finally, and I hope this isn't an awkward request, but please recommend books outside the realm of Fast Lane. This website has a direct connection to the book, and I don't want to be stuck in an echo chamber. I ordered both MJ books and should have them read in a week or so. But I don't want to get stuck in a circlejerk of ideas.

I look forward to your recommendations!

Bonus if anyone is interested: I might write a short review of whatever is recommended.

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $353,046
    Admin Post
    This might help steer you to a proper answer...

NOTABLE! - The absolute BEST book you MUST read!

If we/you had more clarity, you'd get better answers.

On branding, Brand Seduction.

Also, all the books Fastlaners have recommended over time (not just me) are in the sidebar. Not all of them are entrepreneurial.

Books Fastlaners Recommend

Good luck and welcome aboard. Hope you find the books helpful! I'd start with Unscripted, even though I wrote that second. It demonstrates how to build a LIFE around entrepreneurship, not a CAREER.

Michael1359 and Roz like this.
  3. Redeye

Redeye New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    Thanks for the links! I'll be sure to read unscripted first if you recommend that. Also just purchased Brand Seduction. The summary sounds super interesting and I'm looking forward to checking it out