The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Recommend 3 books

Redeye

New Contributor
Aug 19, 2018
So I am new to the game, and I'm doing some reading before jumping in. I don't want to get stuck in an endless research phase, so I'm limiting myself to 5 books to get started. My first two are TMF and Unscripted, but I'm looking for recommendations on the remaining 3.

I am starting this entrepreneurial journey from scratch, and some features are an indicator of what I would consider successful.

First, I am interested in building a brand. I'm not interested in becoming a brand myself, but I want to be able to build communities and encourage excitement around ideas.

Next, I am interested in logistics. My ideal business will produce and sell quality products that solve problems. But I have no clue how to research industries or set up the infrastructure to do that.

Last is the wildcard. Recommend anything that helped you become successful (whatever success means to you).

Finally, and I hope this isn't an awkward request, but please recommend books outside the realm of Fast Lane. This website has a direct connection to the book, and I don't want to be stuck in an echo chamber. I ordered both MJ books and should have them read in a week or so. But I don't want to get stuck in a circlejerk of ideas.

I look forward to your recommendations!

Bonus if anyone is interested: I might write a short review of whatever is recommended.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
This might help steer you to a proper answer...

NOTABLE! - The absolute BEST book you MUST read!

If we/you had more clarity, you'd get better answers.

First, I am interested in building a brand.
On branding, Brand Seduction.

Also, all the books Fastlaners have recommended over time (not just me) are in the sidebar. Not all of them are entrepreneurial.

Books Fastlaners Recommend

Good luck and welcome aboard. Hope you find the books helpful! I'd start with Unscripted, even though I wrote that second. It demonstrates how to build a LIFE around entrepreneurship, not a CAREER.

OP
OP
R

Redeye

New Contributor
Aug 19, 2018
Thanks for the links! I'll be sure to read unscripted first if you recommend that. Also just purchased Brand Seduction. The summary sounds super interesting and I'm looking forward to checking it out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom