The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Prototype patents

Micheadphone

PARKED
Jun 14, 2019
Hi,
I live in sydney Australia. I've just acquired a provisional patent but not sure where to go to get a small batch of prototypes made...preferably China, Vietnam. Can anyone help?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ocean Man

Asia's trailblazer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 26, 2018
Hi, @Micheadphone ,

If possible, the best thing to do starting out is to make the prototypes yourself.

Have you researched the Australian market yourself?

It might be even "better" than other options like China or Vietnam?

I'd like to refer you to @Walter Hay and @B. Cole for more information. Walter is well-experienced with the working of China. And Cole is killing it, making his own product.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Micheadphone Having prototypes made in China, even with a patent, can be risky. I know of cases in which a product has been out on the market before the inventor or designer even saw a prototype from his China supplier.

If we had some idea what the product is it would help.

If you are willing to disclose that to me privately I would be pleased to help privately. I have done so for quite a few Fastlane members, and I scrupulously keep all information confidential. I have a considerable amount of experience in very wide range of manufacturing industries, and spent 20 years as an industrial troubleshooter.

Walter

OP
OP
Micheadphone

Micheadphone

PARKED
Jun 14, 2019
Hi, @Micheadphone ,

If possible, the best thing to do starting out is to make the prototypes yourself.

Have you researched the Australian market yourself?

It might be even "better" than other options like China or Vietnam?

I'd like to refer you to @Walter Hay and @B. Cole for more information. Walter is well-experienced with the working of China. And Cole is killing it, making his own product.
thanks very much...I'll look into that

Bertram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2015
Arizona and Maine
Hi,
I live in sydney Australia. I've just acquired a provisional patent but not sure where to go to get a small batch of prototypes made...preferably China, Vietnam. Can anyone help?
What is your goal? Proof of concept? Licensing?
Also, during provisional stage take care to ensure that no one uses the invention without NDA. Otherwise it will enter public use category. In the US after one year oft use an invention cannot be assigned a patent unless it was non-public.
Best of luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom