The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My introduction!

jasonbuilds

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Jul 12, 2020
California
Hey everyone!

My name is Jason and I am a software developer currently in the slow lane. I read The Millionaire Fastlane throughout the ongoing pandemic and it was a game changing read for me. It fundamentally shifted my perspective and caused me to reevaluate my goals, my values, and my approach to life overall. I intend to read Unscripted ASAP.

My short term goal right now is to pivot from my stagnant internal tools software development role to being in charge of my time, my skills and my development by freelancing and working as a consultant in consumer facing mobile and web applications. It is still trading time for money but I don't have an idea yet that could lead to a productocracy. I figure being able to build web / mobile apps will be useful while I look for a market need. It'll take a lot of time and hustle outside of my day job to make this transition but reading the MFL made me realize that it will eventually be worth it.

I don't want to bore you all with too much details for an introduction. I'm sure there's been many long winded intro stories from "inspired" first timers only to never be heard from again here. I don't want to be another statistic here. So I am making the commitment to share all of that later in a coming process / execution journal and if you want you can read more about what I learned and how I plan to pivot from where I'm at in the slow lane. I will update this intro with a link to that later.

But yeah, just saying hey and thanks @MJ DeMarco for building this community from the ground up and writing such an amazing perspective changing book! I can't say that it was life-changing yet because in order to do that I have to take what I've learned, put in the work and prove that it changed my life. :D

- jason

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattWorks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 8, 2020
Vancouver
Hey everyone!

My name is Jason and I am a software developer currently in the slow lane. I read The Millionaire Fastlane throughout the ongoing pandemic and it was a game changing read for me. It fundamentally shifted my perspective and caused me to reevaluate my goals, my values, and my approach to life overall. I intend to read Unscripted ASAP.

My short term goal right now is to pivot from my stagnant internal tools software development role to being in charge of my time, my skills and my development by freelancing and working as a consultant in consumer facing mobile and web applications. It is still trading time for money but I don't have an idea yet that could lead to a productocracy. I figure being able to build web / mobile apps will be useful while I look for a market need. It'll take a lot of time and hustle outside of my day job to make this transition but reading the MFL made me realize that it will eventually be worth it.

I don't want to bore you all with too much details for an introduction. I'm sure there's been many long winded intro stories from "inspired" first timers only to never be heard from again here. I don't want to be another statistic here. So I am making the commitment to share all of that later in a coming process / execution journal and if you want you can read more about what I learned and how I plan to pivot from where I'm at in the slow lane. I will update this intro with a link to that later.

But yeah, just saying hey and thanks @MJ DeMarco for building this community from the ground up and writing such an amazing perspective changing book! I can't say that it was life-changing yet because in order to do that I have to take what I've learned, put in the work and prove that it changed my life. :D

- jason

Welcome Jason!

I am new here also and have gotten into MJ's and a few other entrepreneur books - it has totally flipped my mind and am excited to make moves which sounds like is where you are at too!

Best of luck!

Matt

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.