• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

MEETUPS Malta Entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'Networking, Socializing, Meet-Ups' started by Almantas, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15
    Hi guys,

I know most of you are busy and don't have time for sugarcoated BS. So, here I go:

I am looking for folks living in Malta who would be willing to connect with me on Skype. I am thinking of moving to Malta and would love to get in touch. My skype: Passionpreneur1. Alternatively, please shoot me a PM on here.

Thanks!

Contrarian likes this.
  2. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $68,260
    Hey man I have lived there six months. I’ll be in touch.

3. ljb7

ljb7 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,756
    I moved across to Malta almost 2 years ago now. Will PM you.

4. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,011
    Sorry to crash the thread guys, but it perked my interest!

Pros of living in Malta?

5. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,946
    Me too ! I'm from France but the lifestyle of Malta is interesting, a bit costly i think but can only be better than France (taxes/business).

In my opinion it could be a cool place to be R.E Developper or an online entrepreneur and there's a lot of free space and a lot of people willing to go there.

Almantas likes this.
  6. Contrarian

Contrarian Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,340
    I'll drop you a note too @Almantas

Depends - what are you looking for?

For me:

Virtually tax free.

Great weather 9 months a year, and tolerably decent weather the other 3. Better than the UK's great weather for 2 weeks a year, tolerably decent weather for 3 months, and bad weather the rest of the time. It's hotter than the surface of the sun (yep, literally ;)) in the summer, which may be a good or a bad thing to you.

Great nightlife.

The government leaves you alone. There's a laissez-faire attitude to life in general. There's a great expat community full of people who appreciate these factors.

People are a lot more respectful than in the UK (although also not as friendly or open).

Life is pretty easy here. If you live in London or the South East, half your productive energy gets sapped just dealing with the daily frustrations and hassles of trying to live there.

But it's a love it or hate it kind of place. I'm much more on the "love it" side, but you're not me, so some cons to consider:

It's noisy. For months on end, people everywhere are setting off fireworks all day and night. When that's not happening, you'll be surrounded by cranes, construction noise, drilling, traffic and hordes of tourists.

The infrastructure sucks. Every time it rains the streets turn into rivers, and the pavements get so slippery in some places you have to walk in the road to avoid falling flat on your face. Power cuts are a semi-regular occurence.

Homes have no central heating or insulation, and tiled floors, and the climate is always humid, so in "winter" it will be cold inside and you'll be constantly fighting damp, mould, and trying to get clothes to dry (FFS why won't you dry already?!?!?!).

Rent in anywhere you'd likely want to live is a lot more expensive than the UK (outside London).

Making local friends is difficult - with the family values culture, and having grown up on the same tiny island with everyone else they've known their entire lives, in general the Maltese are an insular bunch who would rather peacefully coexist with you at arms length.

Casual racism is the norm. Prepare for regular uninvited opinions on "the Arabs", "the Libyans", "the boat people", "the dark people" and "all the Eastern Europeans".

Whenever you do have to deal with the government bureaucracy, it's a mind-blowing experience that might turn you into a ferocious axe-wielding maniac if you can't control your temper. :D

It can start to feel claustrophobic after a while. The island is pretty damn small.

Pay a visit - it's not far away!

amp0193, ZF Lee, Tom.V and 11 others like this.
  7. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,011
    Thanks for taking the time to write that! Really useful.

Visiting this year is something I'm really going to consider.

8. ljb7

ljb7 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,756
    This is spot on, couldn't have said it better myself.

I like Malta, I've met a lot of interesting foreigners here (mostly through jiu-jitsu or going out).

The atmosphere is very relaxing, almost too relaxing at times. If you're self-motivated you can get sh*t done and nobody will bother you.

Personally, I won't be spending more than another year or 2 at most here, because after a while you do feel like you have the island sussed and it can get a little boring. That said, you're only a stones throw away from a bunch of different countries in Europe so going on small trips is a breeze.

9. NanoDrake

NanoDrake Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,020
    Mela, after 3 and 1/2 years on the rock i'm almost becoming Malti tah :D

all the above quotes are true! I would add also the frikking mosquitos in summer! they are a disaster!
    In general, if you are an expat with cash available, life is very good.
    I got tired a little bit by the same faces and trying to connect with others, fun to see how many from Malta are here though, Meetup in stj? :D

@Almantas, I'm adding you on skype!

Contrarian, Magneto C and Almantas like this.
  10. MattPo

MattPo New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $8
    Hello everyone!

I'm living on Malta and would like to organize a meetup for everyone living here. Who would be interested from you to join?

Cheers, Matt

11. NanoDrake

NanoDrake Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,020
    @Contrarian mate, re reading your post I'm like "still as is" lol :D

Welcome Mattpo, if you put up something, let me know

Contrarian likes this.
  12. Contrarian

Contrarian Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,340
    Yep, only now there's even more noise and the infrastructure is even more overloaded. :D

Never in a million years thought the words "I'm looking forward to moving to Qawra" would come out of my mouth...

@MattPo yeah, let me know too.

13. MattPo

Rep Bank:
    $8
    Haha! I'm also looking to move north hoping to find more silence there and less contruction sites.

@Contrarian
    @NanoDrake
    @Almantas

I suggest that we meet in the evening. What about Tuesdays, the 30th of October at 8pm at Surfside in Sliema?

14. Contrarian

Rep Bank:
    $9,340
    Wow, that was fast!

That'll work for me @MattPo, although I think @NanoDrake is out of town until the beginning of November.

15. MattPo

Rep Bank:
    $8