The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's hear about the "bad bosses".

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
Many of us has or had once a boss in a shitty 9/5 job ,Can you share a story about how annoying your boss was ?
you can cause a relief and maybe some hope for some of us who are still employed and have to handle their bosses for a while

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
If there is one thing that I've noticed about bosses, is that they don't give a shit about you. Their interests will come first (rightfully so) and they are always open to getting rid of your job if it improves profitability towards the company. Having a job today and having "job security" is the biggest lie told to me growing up.

Making someone else rich at the expense of your time, which you can never get back, and the lack of exponential increases in your income so that you can live the life you always wanted should be the fuel to get your a$$ out of the rat race.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
If there is one thing that I've noticed about bosses, is that they don't give a shit about you.
I agree with you with what you've said but funny it is that my current boss is more interested in me than me, tracking down what I do out of work hours and what tabs am opening in my browser, she's the most creepy intrusive bitch I have ever seen!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When I used to deliver pizza...

Me: Hey, it is really slow around here on Monday's, why not create Monday Night Football promotion, something like free french fries with your pizza?" (A basket of fries cost him like 11 cents and I wanted to make money delivering more pizza - I made nothing if the phone wasn't ringing.)

Boss: No, when you own your own pizza place, you can run it how you like.
I had fantasized about pulling up to this little haunt in my Lambo, but that would have required me to be back in Chitown, and would require him to still be in business. He went out of business just a few years later. There was nothing distinct about his pizza, or his operation. Just a classic money-grind operation.

Stubborn bastard.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
Great thread! LOL!

I still have a day job. My current boss is an OCD micro-manager. Knows nothing about how his company makes money. When I got him assigned to me, he knew nothing of what I did, but wanted to control everything. I had to tell him to f*** off, because he was distracting me from making this company profitable (it just went through bankruptcy due to guys like him). He said I hurt his feelings, to which I replied that I did not care because I was busy doing my job. I told his manager than he knew only 20% of what I did but wanted to control 80%. We are on much better terms now. He does the non-technical OCD-requiring tasks that I refuse to do.

My worst boss was a woman as well. She hired me, and I was her favorite. She treated me like a BFF for the first 2 months, we used to get coffee together, and if she ate a poppy-seed muffin she would ask if there were poppy seeds between her front teeth. But then she learned that I was late to a few 8am team meetings, which I slept through even when I was making them on time. She took it as a personal betrayal, and since then I was on her shit list, like the rest 80% of her team. She turned into a real bitch. Luckily, I was able to get out from under her.

Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I never did really take crap from any of them. I always set them straight... if you are going to fire me, call me before I come in to work so I can go back to sleep. If you wait until the end of the day it will end bad for both of us.

When I was a late teen my Burger King boss slipped and almost fell... I laughed to myself but he saw. He came over and said, "Oh, you think that was funny?", I said, "Yes.". He said, "Will you think its funny when I fire you?". I still remember to this day it was 10:54am.... I said, "I'll bet your paycheck against mine I'll have another job by 11". I never was his favorite and after that I was even further down on the list. lol

These reasons are why I always tried to be the best boss I could be.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I had a boss that was like Michael Scott from the office. When the Office came out I really thought they got the character from my work.

There were seems that were exactly like my work. From inviting the black IT engineer because he thought he’d be good at our intracorporate basketball game to making inappropriate comments all day long.

One day I was at an after work event at a bar and the company CFO (keep in mind that this is a publicly traded company so we never see the C level people) who was a woman and I each shared the opposite edge of a barstool. He came in and made an inappropriate comment about me sleeping my way to the top. But because his personality was like Michael Scott’s everyone was used to it.

He got fired because a coworker left his computer unlocked and he wrote an email from the coworker’s account to his boss that said, I hate my job. The coworker reported it and HR booted him.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
to making inappropriate comments all day long.
that's a common trait with my boss ,at first I was getting annoyed and offended, sometimes I even cried but then I realized she's just sick mentally and I need to get out of this employment and bosses trap as soon as possible and start working for myself,with this in mind she's not bothering me anymore as much as she used to ,whatever she says or do because my focus is on something greater, and my value is defined by different metrics than before.

He got fired because a coworker left his computer unlocked and he wrote an email from the coworker’s account to his boss that said, I hate my job. The coworker reported it and HR booted him.
that's lame ! but how did the idiot get caught ?! :playful:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Used to work for 3 months at this company, all females and I was the only guy.

Most are nice people, except for this unmarried old hag, who didn't like my name, and gave me another name called "Paul".

Her style would be to give me some work (she's my indirect superior), then come over to my desk every 30 seconds to 5 mins interval non-stop until the work is given to her. And each time she comes in, she would keep chasing me, standing next to me watching me work.....basically like how a master treats a slave.

There was one time, she was in a bad mood. Came to me all of a sudden and started screaming "PAUL!!!!!" (the name she gave me) at the top of her lungs that rattered the whole office while everyone watched on in silence.

That same night, I started looking for another job and had to endure another 1+ month before I found one and left.

It cannot get any worse than this, so those of you with bad day jobs, remember to think of me lol
Thinking about it now, it's creepy as F*ck regarding her behavior.

Mind you, a grown up man like me being humiliated like a slave daily by a middle-age hag who looks like a he-she while people watched on FML.

What a filthy, depraved and absolutely sick psycho.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
I have been reading all the comments here and I realised that most of them had issues with female bosses. Like 90% of the times.

So in 2014 I completed my graduation and with the experience I had gained from working in my school/college events and sometimes family events I had learned a lot of things. This made me think why don’t I sell my services. That was when I started my event management firm with 2 other friends of mine. Who never did anything but just watched as I was marketing our services, executing on ground tasks, sourcing equipment etc. However, with all that happening my company was growing fast, I was making money and reputation faster than I expected in the industry. I was being approached by colleges and schools for their events. It was then where I got an opportunity to work for one big project worth millions. I was offered a huge position in it, I also had an equal team to build this project from scratch.

So this lady(BOSS) was a very nice person initially, she cared for me and the team shared food and did everything nicely. Later things got worse, she was bad with everyone to an extent but with me, she had some personal problem I don’t know what it was. However, I didn’t bother about her and aimed to finish my job. What I learned about this is that no matter how sincere you are and focused eventually you are working for someone who doesn’t really care about you. No matter how much you do for their company and respect them they will hate you for unknown reasons or maybe jealousy. Yes, Bosses can be jealous of your sometimes, I feel it that way.

However, I learned a lot from working on this project and made amazing friends. I guess the struggle I went through for 60 days was the payment I made to learn and make friends.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I used to deliver prescriptions when I was 18. My boss was shady and cheap. In addition to my usual deliveries to actual customers, I had to deliver large unmarked bags of pills to his buddy down at the Chinese restaurant.

My reward?

A Christmas bonus. He wrote me a cheque for $7. A cheque! Why not just reach into your pocket and give your spare change?
On my 19th birthday I got day drunk and quit.

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I had a boss and she had to be the laziest person I've ever worked with. We worked in a section of the grocery store (deli) that was by far the busiest one in the store. It was chronically short-staffed. She would work a maximum of two hours per day on her shift. Every other manager worked virtually the whole day to make it work.

The rest of the day she would go up to her office eating donuts and playing Candy Crush (back when that was popular). She might occasionally stroll down to bark out some more orders. I lasted there like 3 months but in that time like 15-20 people got hired and quit, most on the exact day they were hired because of her.

Nasty, rude, mean, trashy, and felt that being the manager made her the queen of the castle. It didn't. I learned that about 3 months after I left, she did get fired. Because literally every single person left in order to find work elsewhere.

My old friend who was the last one left told me a story about what a different manager said to him. Keep in mind he is the ONLY ONE working there in a huge, busy section, having to manage the rotisserie chickens, the fried foods, slicing meat, cold food ladling, and the separate hot bar. They had the nerve to tell him, "Oh how come there aren't more rotisseries chickens out there? You have to keep up with that. You're not doing a good job keeping everything up."

Yes, the only guy in a gigantic section that needs a minimum of three people (but should have around five) should somehow maintain it all. He quit right after his shift (good for him) and never looked back.

Also a fun story, on my last day they had me work until 10 p.m. and come in at 7 a.m. (usually I did evening shift every day). Funny stuff. So I came in, horribly tired. The night before we had to mop. Did we do a great job? No, we didn't. But was it a bad job? Not really. So anyway she barks out, "This floor looks filthy, did you guys mop last night?" I responded, "Yes, we did." Her eyes got wide and she was filled with rage, "OH MY GOD, this floor is disgusting, you obviously did not mop, get the mop and start over."

Great. Just mop the whole area in addition to dealing with customers constantly. And with more people working the day than the evening shift, navigate around them. So as soon as I came back she was telling everyone, one-by-one, obviously in earshot to piss me off, "Oh they didn't mop last night" and "Oh, look how filthy it is?!" She even went to the people in this little sushi section where another company came in to warn them of the terrible job I did.

I can't describe the amount of anger I had to repress. I could have crushed a glass bottle in one hand by clenching it. A thousand times I wanted to scream and yell, "F*ck you, bitch" and "shut your F*cking mouth you nasty shit," but I didn't. Thankfully I kept my mouth shut, did my work, and got the hell out of there. Thank God.

Last edited:

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
No matter how much you do for their company and respect them they will hate you for unknown reasons or maybe jealousy. Yes, Bosses can be jealous of your sometimes, I feel it that way.
I can totally relate to that jealousy part ,you are right they get jealous and practically I don't know why !

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
I can totally relate to that jealousy part ,you are right they get jealous and practically I don't know why !

Yes, it's just their insecurities and trust issues and jealousy blah blah especially if it's a woman who is your boss then trust me your work life is a chit. One of my friend who happened to work in Dubai lost his job because of a stupid woman who happened to be his boss. She complained against him to the boss for something he never did and when he when to speak to her about the complaint she just dropped a couple of tears in front of the boss and she said he was threatening her.

Maybe its just the negativity people possess these days, especially the ones who are at good positions they might feel threatened with the calibre their subordinate possesses

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I have been reading all the comments here and I realised that most of them had issues with female bosses. Like 90% of the times.

THIS. It's not just a unique problem here, it's an epidemic everywhere. Whenever female colleagues or friends talk about work, it will always end up about negative things regarding a female boss, very seldom a male boss. I'm sure the female members here would agree.

Coming to think of it, the worst bosses I've come across are all females, and they all have one thing in common, : unmarried middle-aged women in positions of authority. Heck, one of them even held a stack of papers and smashed that on my head once, but good thing she left soon after I joined (due to being caught red-handed betraying the company).

This is why now I only apply for jobs that are either mostly young people or jobs where there are no unmarried single repressed middle-aged women and where the environment consists of mainly guys.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I had a boss and she had to be the laziest person I've ever worked with. We worked in a section of the grocery store (deli) that was by far the busiest one in the store. It was chronically short-staffed. She would work a maximum of two hours per day on her shift. Every other manager worked virtually the whole day to make it work.

The rest of the day she would go up to her office eating donuts and playing Candy Crush (back when that was popular). She might occasionally stroll down to bark out some more orders. I lasted there like 3 months but in that time like 15-20 people got hired and quit, most on the exact day they were hired because of her.

Nasty, rude, mean, trashy, and felt that being the manager made her the queen of the castle. It didn't. I learned that about 3 months after I left, she did get fired. Because literally every single person left in order to find work elsewhere.

My old friend who was the last one left told me a story about what a different manager said to him. Keep in mind he is the ONLY ONE working there in a huge, busy section, having to manage the rotisserie chickens, the fried foods, slicing meat, cold food ladling, and the separate hot bar. They had the nerve to tell him, "Oh how come there aren't more rotisseries chickens out there? You have to keep up with that. You're not doing a good job keeping everything up."

Yes, the only guy in a gigantic section that needs a minimum of three people (but should have around five) should somehow maintain it all. He quit right after his shift (good for him) and never looked back.

Also a fun story, on my last day they had me work until 10 p.m. and come in at 7 a.m. (usually I did evening shift every day). Funny stuff. So I came in, horribly tired. The night before we had to mop. Did we do a great job? No, we didn't. But was it a bad job? Not really. So anyway she barks out, "This floor looks filthy, did you guys mop last night?" I responded, "Yes, we did." Her eyes got wide and she was filled with rage, "OH MY GOD, this floor is disgusting, you obviously did not mop, get the mop and start over."

Great. Just mop the whole area in addition to dealing with customers constantly. And with more people working the day than the evening shift, navigate around them. So as soon as I came back she was telling everyone, one-by-one, obviously in earshot to piss me off, "Oh they didn't mop last night" and "Oh, look how filthy it is?!" She even went to the people in this little sushi section where another company came in to warn them of the terrible job I did.

I can't describe the amount of anger I had to repress. I could have crushed a glass bottle in one hand by clenching it. A thousand times I wanted to scream and yell, "F*ck you, bitch" and "shut your F*cking mouth you nasty shit," but I didn't. Thankfully I kept my mouth shut, did my work, and got the hell out of there. Thank God.

7am-10pm? I used to regularly work 120+ hours per week at Burger King back in the day. I learned there were 168 hours in a week when the OWNER came in and told the managers and I that there are 168 hours in a week and he worked 123 of them! Do you know what that means? I have to pay him over 80 hours of overtime! This can't go on.

Yes, we had to clean the machines and mop the floor and it was always done as near perfect as possible each time. 7am-10pm one time would have seemed like a vacation. Working hard back in those days prepared me to be successful later in life.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
This is why now I only apply for jobs that are either mostly young people or jobs where there are no unmarried single repressed middle-aged women and where the environment consists of mainly guys.

However, there are opposite of such evil women too but just a very few. With great authority comes greater responsibilities but women tend to forget that and they find ways to dominate people.

Note: I'm not generalising this. Its only for those women who abuse their authority.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
She complained against him to the boss for something he never did and when he when to speak to her about the complaint she just dropped a couple of tears in front of the boss and she said he was threatening her.
Females in a position of power crying in front of someone = manipulation. Ignore it. Or complain to the boss above her.

When I told my manager I was leaving for a 30% raise, a female HR boss sat down with me to verify how serious I was. She bursted into tears and told me me that she really hated her new (current) job and wished she had stayed at an old job that she really liked but where she was paid much less. It was a comedy.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Females in a position of power crying in front of someone = manipulation. Ignore it. Or complain to the boss above her.

When I told my manager I was leaving for a 30% raise, a female HR boss sat down with me to verify how serious I was. She bursted into tears and told me me that she really hated her new (current) job and wished she had stayed at an old job that she really liked but where she was paid much less. It was a comedy.

Exactly, it needs to be ignored and reported to the C level officers. However, sometimes you are not given that chance or you get manipulated so bad that you are left with no option but to quit. The world is filled with evil and people should handle such situations smartly. What do you say?

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
You know what someone said on this forum years ago (I saved the exact quote):

Wanna know what never got anyone rich, successful or paid??

…....Bitching.

--

How true that is, I still remember that.
You know what I say? Complaining about your bosses seems almost as silly as having one in the first place.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I was thinking the same thing.... if you don't like having a boss, don't have one!

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
You know what someone said on this forum years ago (I saved the exact quote):

Wanna know what never got anyone rich, successful or paid??

…....Bitching.

--

How true that is, I still remember that.
You know what I say? Complaining about your bosses seems almost as silly as having one in the first place.

I was thinking the same thing.... if you don't like having a boss, don't have one!

Money is a sinner for creating nuclear bombs, but saint in creating your freedom
same thing goes on everything
bitching is bad when you are using it as an excuse
but good when it creates the anger needed for change
If we all got along with our bosses many wouldn't be here, plus we are not complaining,we are sharing and bounding our common feelings and funny experiences with bosses,many of the stories here are from the past and from people who got over their bosses long time ago

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I get that, my story was from back in the early 90's. You are probably correct and this forum is more serious than the yahoo's on Yahoo! comments. But speaking about the general population....

Juhan Rodrik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Nov 8, 2017
Estonia
Many of us has or had once a boss in a shitty 9/5 job ,Can you share a story about how annoying your boss was ?
you can cause a relief and maybe some hope for some of us who are still employed and have to handle their bosses for a while
Thank You for a topic :) I feel like I haven't had annoying boss as I have been working somewhere on a job but I have time and time again heard the story about the boss of my coworker or friend - the first case I could solve the case by advising the co worker to look at the work differently by pointing out that whining about the boss does not help to execute the company mission and then he saw the bigger picture and found more meaning in the work - long story short is that it is useless to complain about the boss or have bad attitude it is more useful to see the mission through bosses eyes and understand the the bigger picture and find how you can execute the company vision more efficiently. His case that helped - I do the same if I work somewhere. My personal attitude changes everything. If I think that the boss is annoying it makes me see the annoying parts and overlook the other not annoying parts it takes the focus away from execution. I have some times taken jobs that I wasn't fond of at all now I have learned better to pick one that I like doing as well( Helps a lot ) If I work enough not to be fired I'd find any boss on the annoying side.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I have the most hilarious B.O.S.S (he also LOVES to call himself like that):
  • Obese, from the good life, you know. Can drop dead every second.
  • Sidewalker to the bone, struggling to get up with the Joneses.
  • Dumb af. Was fired from his previous job and got his current job because he knew someone from the board. Easily to be fooled/tricked/made advantage from (if I did this? You bet!).
  • Company is sliding into bankruptcy, doesn't give a F*ck. Has more interest in his ongoing trial with his previous boss where he claims €500k from (already planned to buy a boat + Porsche with this trophy money).
  • Takes zero responsibility, always blames the weakest link in the chain, dreads and thus never argues with verbally strong workers (like me).
Counting down my last days, and this is really the type of boss I want to memorize for never taking a job EVER.

Torty Emmanuel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Feb 10, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
If you think crazy people are found only in psychiatric institutions, think again.

Some of them may try to confuse you with expensive suits and C-level titles but don't be fooled. You can find them anywhere.

Unfortunately, some of them are even our current or former "bad bosses".

I was called into a so-called business brainstorming session even though I was a tech guy. The meeting had no clear purpose and my former boss had no clue of the inner workings of the business. I think he was trying to create a new strategy to chase money as usual. :)

Any idea anyone brought up during the meeting only lasted, at best, 10 secs before he shot it down with vicious negativity...(statements like that won't work or we can't do that here or it's too expensive).

Yet he never generated a single idea all through the over 6 hours of meeting.

At some point no one was talking again because the energy vampire sucked out every enthusiasm in the room.

When his efforts to get people talking again failed miserably, he ordered every one of us out of the conference room and we were so happy to go back to our cubicles...Lol.

:playful:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I worked a lot of jobs and had a lot of bosses. Don't recall a lot of issues except maybe a couple.

There was an assembly job that would pass the build through stations. The process was written by engineers. I setup my own processes that cut the time in half with better quality. A manager came through and told me that I needed to follow the process. I wrote up a requested change order and the engineer revised it to match what I did. I took advantage of that and had many more processes changed. The manager asked me to stop even though it was making the products get manufactured better and faster.

I was the only installer and service rep for a water refining company. I was on salary plus installation commission. The owner cheated me out of $25. I told him that he had three days to pay me or I would walk. I ended up leaving and starting my own company three days later.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Thank You for a topic :) I feel like I haven't had annoying boss as I have been working somewhere on a job but I have time and time again heard the story about the boss of my coworker or friend - the first case I could solve the case by advising the co worker to look at the work differently by pointing out that whining about the boss does not help to execute the company mission and then he saw the bigger picture and found more meaning in the work - long story short is that it is useless to complain about the boss or have bad attitude it is more useful to see the mission through bosses eyes and understand the the bigger picture and find how you can execute the company vision more efficiently. His case that helped - I do the same if I work somewhere. My personal attitude changes everything. If I think that the boss is annoying it makes me see the annoying parts and overlook the other not annoying parts it takes the focus away from execution. I have some times taken jobs that I wasn't fond of at all now I have learned better to pick one that I like doing as well( Helps a lot ) If I work enough not to be fired I'd find any boss on the annoying side.
I think there is a different kind of bosses. One those are strict and sarcastic but want you to work for the interest of the company. Then comes those bosses who are sadistic and have pleasure in harassing you at work. It could be by insulting you in front of other for something you haven't done or even when you are not at fault.

You know those mean kind of bosses who enjoy by taking down your confidence. In fact when you think about this technically you are their entertainment. Not everyone can be their own bosses, sometimes the situations are not the same for everyone and the difficulty level is totally different for every individual(It could be a way of thinking). This thread is not about someone to complain and cry about their current bosses cause I think people who are here have already crossed that stage.

This post is about something much more bigger than that. It's about how we met such sadistic people in our lives and made us stronger.

Last edited:

zoe_ma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 5, 2019
So I work as the oldest supervisor in a small Indian shop, in Europe. my boss is Indian (of course). When I started working there 5 months ago the shop was brand new, nothing has been done, no lables no nothing. So he just gave me the cash register and let me "figure out" everything about the items in the shop. I had no knowledge about Indian food and supplements, nobody ever explained to me what is for what and every time a customer came asking how do I use this? I had to use Google. Sometimes he even got mad because I couldn't explain to customers how some products tasted like.

I had to figure out everything, had to translate from Hindi to English just to know what's inside.
I felt like he had no respect for me, there even been some times when I have to clean after him because he would always leave his empty coffee mugs in the office, that pissed me off so much. The sink was always broken and I had to buy water every day for me. I even had to wait 2 DAYS for him to bring toilet paper for the office. 2 FREAKING DAYS. Later on, he was late for wages for around 2 weeks. If I didn't have my side hustle I would probably die.

When I expressed my feelings about not getting paid and being hungry he said that if I DONT LIKE SOMETHING I CAN LEAVE and that somewhere is even worse and I should be grateful. I hate this mentality and I'm still working there but as soon as I get a new job IM OUT

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.