The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lawn care services

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
I want to expand into lawn-care services bc I think it's awesome to generate simple cash
thx @Johnny boy for inspiration and information

what CONCRETE services do ppl already doing it offer?
I want to systemize everything and sell it as yearly contracts in the future. The need in my area in Germany is obvious.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I want to expand into lawn-care services bc I think it's awesome to generate simple cash
:arghh:

All I see here is that you want a step by step manual which is just not gonna happen lol

Maybe go actually research your area and look for needs and don't just blindly follow other peoples' success.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
:arghh:

All I see here is that you want a step by step manual which is just not gonna happen lol

Maybe go actually research your area and look for needs and don't just blindly follow other peoples' success.
i don't get it
it's not a manual
it's a simple question what services are worth considering

some people in this forum always answer like they know it all and it's about the grind
entrepreneurship in my opinion does't has to be extra hard

JohnnyBoy for example offers valuable advice for free

@piano why then even read my thread and answer??

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

I want to systemize everything and sell it as yearly contracts in the future. The need in my area in Germany is obvious.
First off: every sentence is I, I want, I think, me, me, me

You’re not going to make it because you’re focusing on what YOU want. Not what the MARKET wants. Only problem, the market doesn’t care what you want. I smell a money chaser

Second off: your asking for a guide. What does MJ say all the time about having a “guide”?

Third off: you’re implying money chasing reasons. “Because I think it’s awesome to generate simple money” Not “because I think it’s awesome to generate some simple VALUE”

Fourth off: your following blindly because someone else got wealthy in a certain way. How about you look around? What does your neighbourhood want?

Seriously. Cmon man I know you can do better.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
i don't get it
it's not a manual

some people in this forum always answer like they know it all and it's about the grind

Piano does know what entrepreneurship is about. He’s a teenager who runs a window cleaning business. You should be looking forward to his advice because he’s successful in these house service niche.

You clearly aren’t very thick-skinned. You’re going to learn how to be, though, because this forum is gonna send some tough love. A lot of it. I suggest you toughen up and be ready. Cuz it’s coming.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
i don't get it
it's not a manual

You know what, I'll give an answer to your question and I want to see you actually do it.

I don't know much about systemising, but I think I can get you to start.

First of all, maybe try to first get a few jobs and then consider planning everything through...

A few CONCRETE services I can think of are:

-(regular) grass mowing
-Gutter cleaning
-Pressure washing
-gardening services like;
-lawn edging
-lawn fertilization
-lawn aeration
-left over leave removal
-pest control
-outdoor lighting installments.

Now, how do you get customers?

-You can do google ads (look into @Andy Black )
-Facebook ads/newspaper ads etc.
-You can do Door to door sales which don't cost a penny to do and are very easy to close, especially during the winter in Germany ; )
-You can ask similar businesses if they have customers that they don't want to do. You can give them a little cut of your job.
-??

So basically:

1. decide on services you want to serve
  2. Get equipment (and practise)
  3. decide on how you want to get customers
  4. Let's say you choose d2d;
  5. You knock on a house
  6. "Heya! Oh, nice plants btw. So I'm just going around and offering people like you the opportunity to make your garden even prettier! Could it be that blablabla.... Are you interested in lawn mowing?"
  7. They say 'no':
  8. Repeat until they say 'yes'
  9. They say 'yes':
  10. You get your stuff from your car or you borrow their equipment.
  11. You do the job
  12. You get money (value vouchers)
  13. repeat.
Ta-da!

Now let's see that you actually do it.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
You know what, I'll give an answer to your question and I want to see you actually do it.

First of all, maybe try to first get a few jobs and then consider planning everything through...

-(regular) grass mowing
-Gutter cleaning
-Pressure washing
-lawn edging
-lawn fertilization
-lawn aeration
-left over leave removal
-pest control

-You can do Door to door sales which don't cost a penny to do and are very easy to close, especially during the winter in Germany ; )
-You can ask similar businesses if they have customers that they don't want to do. You can give them a little cut of your job.
-??

So basically:

5. You knock on a house
  6. "Heya! Oh, nice plants btw. So I'm just going around and offering people like you the opportunity to make your garden even prettier! Could it be that blablabla.... Are you interested in lawn mowing?"
  7. They say 'no':
  9. They say 'yes':
  11. You do the job
  13. repeat.
Ta-da!

I’m actually kind of surprised. I did some of this but never step 9. What do you mean by repeat? Maybe that’s why I never got any clients. LOL

Last edited:

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I’m actually kind of surprised. I did some of this but never step 9. What do you mean by repeat? Maybe that’s why I never got any clients. LOL
I mean if step 9 is them saying 'yes' to your service but you never reached step 9 then that probably explains why you haven't had any customers yet :rofl:

What do you mean by repeat?
What I meant in detail was basically "You ask someone if they want something done and if they say no, you go to the next house and repeat until you find someone who accepts your service".

However if you understood it so that you simply just repeat your script again like a robot after they say no, that actually has 2 names in the sales world:

Looping: They give you an objection but you ignore it or skillfully use it to further continue your pitch. "I don't like pink" ---> "And that's why our painters don't even have any pink colours at disposal!"

The other term is...

Getting arrested for trespassing.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

I think the best thing you can do is take action even if it’s uninformed.

This time of year is rough for home services.

But, we offer 12 month lawn care plans (charging the same prices in winter but less visits), in the winter we fire the worst employees, and have the rest of them hang Christmas lights and take them down. That keeps them busy from October to mid December, and then in January. Then we get rolling again in February for our first cleanup visits, and then we hire more guys and get back into sales mode.

Maybe chimney sweeping is good for your area. Maybe roof cleaning. Maybe fence/deck building. Who knows, get out there and find out.

1. Take action quickly. Hustle. Elbow grease. Say yes and take chances and learn how to do it after. Don’t be afraid to look stupid.

2. Evaluate and adjust. It will go shitty so take what you learn and next time it will go better. Then eventually you have a good business.

3. Try going into things where there’s just bigger amounts of money. You’ll have more money quicker. If you go do high end bathroom remodels you will easily be able to make 150k+ a year with no employees but you’ll need a lot of systems and customers to make 150k+ a year pushing a lawn mower.

Maybe do something at first to have a good income and use that money to fund a more automated scalable recurring business in the meantime.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
First off: every sentence is I, I want, I think, me, me, me

You’re not going to make it because you’re focusing on what YOU want. Not what the MARKET wants. Only problem, the market doesn’t care what you want. I smell a money chaser

Second off: your asking for a guide. What does MJ say all the time about having a “guide”?

Third off: you’re implying money chasing reasons. “Because I think it’s awesome to generate simple money” Not “because I think it’s awesome to generate some simple VALUE”

Fourth off: your following blindly because someone else got wealthy in a certain way. How about you look around? What does your neighbourhood want?

Seriously. Cmon man I know you can do better.
i don't care about these answers
I know the excerpts of the millionaire fastlane where this is addressed
I think the best thing you can do is take action even if it’s uninformed.

This time of year is rough for home services.

But, we offer 12 month lawn care plans (charging the same prices in winter but less visits), in the winter we fire the worst employees, and have the rest of them hang Christmas lights and take them down. That keeps them busy from October to mid December, and then in January. Then we get rolling again in February for our first cleanup visits, and then we hire more guys and get back into sales mode.

Maybe chimney sweeping is good for your area. Maybe roof cleaning. Maybe fence/deck building. Who knows, get out there and find out.

1. Take action quickly. Hustle. Elbow grease. Say yes and take chances and learn how to do it after. Don’t be afraid to look stupid.

2. Evaluate and adjust. It will go shitty so take what you learn and next time it will go better. Then eventually you have a good business.

3. Try going into things where there’s just bigger amounts of money. You’ll have more money quicker. If you go do high end bathroom remodels you will easily be able to make 150k+ a year with no employees but you’ll need a lot of systems and customers to make 150k+ a year pushing a lawn mower.

Maybe do something at first to have a good income and use that money to fund a more automated scalable recurring business in the meantime.
thanks bro
best forum member in my opinion;)
for real

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt

-(regular) grass mowing
-Gutter cleaning
-Pressure washing
-lawn edging
-lawn fertilization
-lawn aeration
-left over leave removal
-pest control

-??

So basically:

5. You knock on a house
  7. They say 'no':
  9. They say 'yes':
  11. You do the job
  13. repeat.
Ta-da!

thanks man

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Try a bunch of things too like I know in washington you can make very very good money doing roof cleaning. You hop up there and brush moss off for a few hours and make $600 bucks and head home before lunch and it's easy to find the jobs on facebook ads.

Get a VA from onlinejobs.ph. Give them examples on which jobs to say yes to and which ones to say no to, train him on how to chat with people. get a booking software with different "events" that are priced in intervals, so your VA can send the right schedule link for the price and the customer books, pays a deposit and schedules it themselves and charges them the remainder after completion, all synced up to your calendar.

Get enough demand for a worker. Now you have a guy out there working part time you're paying like 4k a month and he's doing like 12k+ in revenue a month easily.

So now you have someone handling sales and support, scheduling and billing, and someone doing the work and you net the difference.

Scaling would just include raising the budget, training and hiring more workers, and however you choose to run the truck/equipment situation.

For the most part it could be pretty remote. Get a few dudes working each year and take some time off traveling.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
Try a bunch of things too like I know in washington you can make very very good money doing roof cleaning. You hop up there and brush moss off for a few hours and make $600 bucks and head home before lunch and it's easy to find the jobs on facebook ads.

Get a VA from onlinejobs.ph. Give them examples on which jobs to say yes to and which ones to say no to, train him on how to chat with people. get a booking software with different "events" that are priced in intervals, so your VA can send the right schedule link for the price and the customer books, pays a deposit and schedules it themselves and charges them the remainder after completion, all synced up to your calendar.

Get enough demand for a worker. Now you have a guy out there working part time you're paying like 4k a month and he's doing like 12k+ in revenue a month easily.

So now you have someone handling sales and support, scheduling and billing, and someone doing the work and you net the difference.

Scaling would just include raising the budget, training and hiring more workers, and however you choose to run the truck/equipment situation.

For the most part it could be pretty remote. Get a few dudes working each year and take some time off traveling.
That’s the shit I’m into: A real potent and sucessfull guy giving as concrete advice as possible

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
That’s the shit I’m into: A real potent and sucessfull guy giving as concrete advice as possible

Do not let his golden nuggets go by the way side. Act now!

Start a thread. Start pounding pavement.

If you don't. @Johnny boy will stop giving golden nuggets.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.