The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

John’s Observation Diary

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I’ve noticed that I’ve had a lot of observations lately that I want to share, so I want to start this thread. I will post atleast one observation a week.

Entry #1: Don’t Work On Only The Outside Or Inside Of Business.

A Seesaw doesn’t balance when there’s more weight on one side.

My sister was just trying to find a YouTube video to watch.

Observation?

She saw a video with a really edited thumbnail, she found it appealing so she hovered on it.

They didn’t get to the point, the preview showed the logo and went to the advertising.

It was just a mess overall as the video was shown having weird lighting etc from the preview.

The other one wasn’t that heavily edited, she hovered over it and it showed everything immediately.

No logo or sponser of this video shit, straight to the point.

She decided to watch that video, but soon realized that it was too fast and unclear.

She went over to the third one which had a good thumbnail and a catchy title.

She clicked on it, it went straight to the point yet explained everything very thoroughly.

The Difference?

The first one focused on the outside of getting clients, by luring them in, but couldn’t convert them..

The second one focused on the inside, but didn’t really do a good job at that.

The third one focused on both the inside, outside and just the overall quality, my sister now always watches that channel.

Lesson?

Don’t neglect a certain part of your business,

and don’t underestimate first impressions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Entry #2 Be Driven By Purpose, Not By
Passion.

Don’t drive a car that you know will break down in a few months if you keep using it, drive a car that’s brand new and will last a long life.

I know it get said a lot, but I have a story about this.

Observation.

I was in the gym with my gym bro a few months back.

We were just talking and he eventually brings up why I had quit everything to go to the gym.

I told him how I felt it was my purpose in life to become a better me, and leave a legacy behind.

I then ask him why he got into the gym, and he said he had fun exercising and it was his passion.

I proceed to ask him why he doesn’t quit video games and stuff, and he proceeds with, its my passion.

Fast forward to today, im still hitting the gym atleast 3x a week.

My friend? He gave up on me a while back, he said he just doesn’t feel like going to the gym anymore.

He now is lost in life, he doesn’t have passion in video games anymore, he said he got bored of it.

Difference?

He was driving a car that was unreliable, it’s engine kept smoking up and everytime he repaired it, it would become harder to repair until he couldn’t fix it, he now is a hitchhiker, jumping into the nearest car.

I had a broken car aswell, it broke down and then I went to the dealership and had boughten a new car.

I bring it to places where I can find others who have new, and effective vehicles.

Lesson?

Don’t follow your passion, it will burn out eventually.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Uh oh.

Missed out on updating this for a while, I’ve had a few observations but been procrastinating.

Entry #3 Don’t Let Failures, Mistakes And The Past Get To You.

(Slight rant)

So, schools been starting up again recently, and I’ve had a big adjustment, now I’m struggling with a ton of things.

I’ve been procrastinating a ton, wasting time, eating junk and just been feeling really shitty.

I don’t swear very often but lately I have been in a pickle.

But I keep telling myself things will get better, and I will eventually emerge victorious.

Sure, I keep worrying about the past, but I just have to keep trailblazing ahead.

Some days I’ll make huge achievements and other hardly any.

Even if it’s 0.1% better a day, I’ll still reach 1%, 10%, 100% and 1000% better.

If I just keep moving, every centimetre, foot, metre, kilometre, and marathon will count.

Sure, I had ice cream yesterday and today, sure, I feel shitty.

So, instead of sitting on the past I decided to hit the gym, I walked 8 km today.

Instead of worrying about the past, I use it to change my future, one I’ll be happy with in 5 years.

Instead of worrying about the future, I use it to create a new past, one I’ll be happy with in 5 years.

Instead of feeling shitty now, I’ll use that to feel better tomorrow.

But I will never give up.

There’s no someday for this, its now, now is the time I need to move.

Even if that means falling down and crawling.

By any means I must keep moving.

When people tell me I need to slow down, that little voice in my head, from younger me just tells me to keep going.

Its a flame that will go down, but never go out, it just gets back stronger and heavier than ever.

The lesson here is clear, just keep moving, one foot at a time.

One foot in front of the other.

I must pave that path for my future, I don’t care how many times I fall down.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.