The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interesting Observation Last few days in the German News

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey everyone.

I want to share an observation that I made in the German Media/News Channels this week and would love to get some input on what you guys think about it.

First off: Im somebody who COMPLETELY IGNORES the news usually. I dont watch it on TV, I dont listen to it on the radio and I dont read blogs, newspapers or anything else.. I really ignore it. When I do catch wind of something in the news, then its usually something like Bitcoin making 300% gains again, or something similar.

Every now and then, perhaps while im at the gym, or at a restaurant that has TV's, I will catch a glimpse of the current News that people are so hyped about.

So lets begin with the story:

About 2 weeks ago, I started see'ing a lot of articles on Linked-In about the difference in the price of railway tickets vs airplane tickets for the very popular route Munich <-> Berlin in Germany.

There were many people who posted about the fact that a railway ticket from Munich to Berlin costs over 140 Euros and takes 4 hours, whilst a plane ticket costs 35 euros and takes 1 hour.... The post was heavily debated of course..

In my own opinion, I have been wondering about this question for years, since I always fly by plane and have always been perplexed by the fact that the train tickets are so fk***ing expensive, especially since the service is shit, but anyhow..

About 2-3 Days ago, I was training at the gym and on the screen I saw that the main news of the day was about the german railway system and that there is currently a "deal" being made, somewhere in the range of 86 Billion Euros to get the railway system renewed. I picked up on this news later again during the day, while driving in my car on the radio (just about 5 seconds) but I still caught what it was about. Basically arguments saying that neighbouring countries such as Switzerland and Austria have been investing way more into the railway network than Germany and that the reason trains are so late these days is because of the underinvestment.

Now, again today, I was at the gym and guess what is being shown on TV? An extremely sensationalised article about the German railway. The report was about a boy who was thrown infront of the tracks by a man that was high on cocaine. I could imagine that this sort of thing happens every now and again... (that someone is thrown infront of the tracks) afterall, the population of Germany is 80 Million! Im just wondering why I picked up on it now. Perhaps the Media is trying to associate the German Railway Company with negative emotions (such as this event with the poor boy who got thrown infront of the tracks)? Perhaps someone doesn't want this new deal of renewing the railway system to go through? It definitely got me thinking...

I am asking myself the question now, if my RAS is just randomly picking up all the stories related to the german railway system (because it somehow got into my mind) or if I literally got a peak behind the curtains and noticed how the media is trying to make people associate negative things with the railway system (e.g. the extremely sensationalized article about the boy who was thrown infront of the tracks or the Linkedin posts that highlighted the fact that railway tickets cost 140 euro whilst plane tickets cost 35 euros for exactly the same route!).

What do you guys think?

Best,
Champion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
Personally, I feel like that is always the case. I also don't watch the news.
Last year I was visiting my family in Poland, watching the local and international news that I noticed something similar. The news provided to them did not match the news that I saw in USA when I returned.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.