The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jack Bogle BTFO! (Compound Interest Scam?)

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thought this was a good take by Tom Sosnoff (I consider him the Fastlane version of Finance) on Vanguard / Jack Bogle and the old MSM darling compound interest of "set it and forget it."

Here's the VIDEO:
Thoughts on Wealth Creation & Retirement | Daily Recap | tastytrade | a real financial network

Here's the BS:

te_thoughtsonwealthcreation-retirement_171108-3.png

DON'T LISTEN TO CONFLICTED, SELF-PROMOTERS!

QUESTION CONVENTION!!

DON'T BE VANGUARDED INTO THE HERD!

te_thoughtsonwealthcreation-retirement_171108-5.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Tom Sosnoff is a cool cat. I saw him in a documentary one time and knew he was legit, plus he's one of the only people I've seen who can pull off wearing a beret. In one video he said that the more financial decisions you make in a short period of time, your financial skillset will sharpen exponentially. Lately I've been peeking at the Bogleheads Investing forum and it's kind of a bleak place. You see threads like "Should I buy a 2011 Corolla with crank windows or power windows, and will it kill my investing strategy?" Bruh.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
I think the advice given wasn't good even for the slow lane. On one slide it recommends to put 40% in bonds. How much one should allocate should be based on the time span and standard deviation.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Thanks, @MJ DeMarco. Although I am not in this area yet, I am glad I took the time to watch the entire video.
It could be a continuation of your earlier thread....
GOLD - How to Get on the Cover of @Forbes: Don't Take Advice from Forbes.

It was quite disturbing yet haunting, that even the higher-ups like Jack Bogle keep selling advice contrary to how they got their success and wealth.
I suppose tastytrade won itself a new follower....I like the philosophy. First time in a long time I have found a financial site that advocated progressive measures rather than money chasing.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First time in a long time I have found a financial site that advocated progressive measures rather than money chasing.

They actually advocate the options selling program I've outlined on the INSIDE. Not exactly the same as I do, but the core strategy of selling over buying is in play. TastyTrade is to finance as Fastlane is to entrepreneurship.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
I don't find it disturbing, but I do see your point of view. I talked a bit of shop about Bogleheads a few inches up the thread but I sort of feel like a grinch now. For every silly thread I see on their forum, I see an equal number of happy, albeit OLD, financially independent people.

I wouldn't lump Jack Bogle in with the MLM guru's and the paid seminar crowd, rather, Jack Bogle provides advice that the vast majority of people are capable of using. I think Vanguard is an excellent company providing very good products for the average joe to experience the joy of money earning money. They're not thinking about puts and calls, smart beta, or fintech.

These folks want hands-off investments they can mostly understand, so they buy the total stock market index, turn off the bedside light, and go to sleep. Rebalancing their portfolio all the time would probably introduce detrimental tax implications for them that might outweigh the benefits. The world needs these amazing people to rise each morning and go to work, just as the world needs risk takers and innovators. That's about all I guess.

This article just appeared a few days ago and I think it's a testament to Vanguard's operating model: New CEO Tim Buckley: To run Vanguard, 'you have to be willing not to be a billionaire'

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.