The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it a good moment to sell a house?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

ImSerious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 23, 2019
Hello everyone! This is my first topic I hope I'm doing it right.

The thing is my parents (45yo) are thinking of selling our house (Romania) and move to another country to start a business. They asked me for advice but I'm not into the housing market right now. What do guys feel about the current situation in Europe, is it a good moment to sell, Should they wait, is crisis coming, are prices going to drop in the near future? I heard some rumors about the housing market and that is will "explode" soon. What would you recommend?

Take care :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
Everyone seems to agree there is a recession coming soon. But the truth is no one knows for sure when it's coming. It will have global consequences for sure, but not every country will be affected the same.
The real estate market in many cities of europe is on a bubble and waiting to be burst, but this might not be the case for Romania.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
There are always rumours one way or another. Where are they thinking of starting a business? Will they need the capital that the house releases in order to move and start an enterprise? If not I would say rent the property out as if things don't work out they still have a home to come back to.

Sometimes burning all your bridges is a good thing as it creates determination to succeed no matter what. Sometimes though it is wiser to have something to fall back on.

There are a lot of people who leave their country only to find that the grass is not greener on the other side and within a year or two they are back with their community now content with their life after learning a valuable lesson.

ImSerious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 23, 2019
There are always rumours one way or another. Where are they thinking of starting a business? Will they need the capital that the house releases in order to move and start an enterprise? If not I would say rent the property out as if things don't work out they still have a home to come back to.

Sometimes burning all your bridges is a good thing as it creates determination to succeed no matter what. Sometimes though it is wiser to have something to fall back on.

There are a lot of people who leave their country only to find that the grass is not greener on the other side and within a year or two they are back with their community now content with their life after learning a valuable lesson.

They are thinking about Spain, yes they will need the capital that the house releases. They do not live in Romania and if they could make the business work in Spain they will never do. Renting is not a option, not worth it.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
NOBODY KNOWS

Based on historical data we are long overdue a recession though. Take that as you will.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
They are thinking about Spain, yes they will need the capital that the house releases. They do not live in Romania and if they could make the business work in Spain they will never do. Renting is not a option, not worth it.

Simply answer is if the business revenue will out perform any potential increase in property value (assuming there will be any) then sell and reinvest if they are certain of their business model and its success.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
what business and where in Spain? you probably already now this, but Spain is almost 17 different countries, at least when it comes to a lot of taxes, regulations and so forth.

what is the rent to salary ratio in Romania? percentage of buyers vs renters? how much do bank loan and under which conditions?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.