The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

INTRO Introduction of a wanna be entrepeneur

theforamyst

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 22, 2018
Europe
Hi everyone,

I found this forum after watching an animated video on Youtube about The Millionaire Fastlane. It resonated w/ me. Just recently I bought a version of TMF so I can really get what the point is and try to implement it in my life.
I was always anxious or wanting to start my own small biz in life throughout my life but my parents, especially my mother, would make remarks like that I don't know anything about it, or don't have others that can help me w/ it, there was always something. I wanted to start a pizzeria bc that's pretty simple I thought but even that my mother talked me out of it. Maybe there are some parents that don't want their kid on the fastlane?

I'm still having some plans to develop a biz both online as offline. Offline I think local biz food sector is still good and has still room for opportunities especially w/ modern tech like online ordering. I hope to learn a lot on this forum before taking the jump.

lowtek

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum!

While I wouldn't agree with people trying to talk you down from entrepreneurship in general, I also wouldn't advise going into food service as a first business.

It's enormously competitive, highly regulated and capital intensive. You also have to deal with employees from a lower tier of mentality, which presents its own challenges.

For a newbie, I'd say stick to doing something online with a high potential to scale.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
Agree with Lowtek here.
You’d be better off trying to improve an online ordering solution for small business and then marketing to mom and pop stores as a subscription service, rather then starting your own food business.

It’s infinitely more scalable

George Appiah

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
www.georgeappiah.com
Hi everyone,

I found this forum after watching an animated video on Youtube about The Millionaire Fastlane. It resonated w/ me. Just recently I bought a version of TMF so I can really get what the point is and try to implement it in my life.
I was always anxious or wanting to start my own small biz in life throughout my life but my parents, especially my mother, would make remarks like that I don't know anything about it, or don't have others that can help me w/ it, there was always something. I wanted to start a pizzeria bc that's pretty simple I thought but even that my mother talked me out of it. Maybe there are some parents that don't want their kid on the fastlane?

I'm still having some plans to develop a biz both online as offline. Offline I think local biz food sector is still good and has still room for opportunities especially w/ modern tech like online ordering. I hope to learn a lot on this forum before taking the jump.

Thanks for introducing yourself, @theforamyst.

And welcome to the Fastlane community forum!

While I wouldn't agree with people trying to talk you down from entrepreneurship in general, I also wouldn't advise going into food service as a first business.

It's enormously competitive, highly regulated and capital intensive. You also have to deal with employees from a lower tier of mentality, which presents its own challenges.

For a newbie, I'd say stick to doing something online with a high potential to scale.
Unless you live in a jungle, as I do, where the market is highly underserved and regulations are nonexisting or never enforced :rofl:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum