The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro by a 26 yr Seattle based software Engineer

Gottagofast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 8, 2019
Seattle, WA
I first TMF in fall 2019. At the time I was more than a year into my software engineering career and was going to grad school ( big mistake IK) part time .

I was kinda depressed because I had no control over my time. Commute to work, work 8 hrs a day, commute back, time start studying for grad school or sometimes drive to class .

And the worst part was I never had any money left after paying for my grad school. I was still 60k in debt from the loans from college and grad school. Thankfully I was making 100k at my job but this was in LoS Angeles.

That’s when I read TMF . It made me see the world from a different perspective. I didn’t have to sell my time for money. I didn’t have to give Mon to Fri to someone else .

I didn’t act on the new found perspective at the time. I focused on fonaohong grad school and then for higher paying job. I paid off my loans and have amassed a NW of about 200k. And am marking around 240k a yr now working from home at my full time job.

I got comfortable. But I’m tired of working for that promotion and planning my next job hop. I’m tired of not being in control of my time .

I read the TMF again this year and I’m ready to start my entrepreneurship journey ( now that I’m not burdened by debt). I have read Lean startup and gone through Y combinator startup school. Been writing down ideas for SaaS startup for the last week and evaluating them.

Any advice is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Robin 133

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 16, 2022
I first TMF in fall 2019. At the time I was more than a year into my software engineering career and was going to grad school ( big mistake IK) part time .

I was kinda depressed because I had no control over my time. Commute to work, work 8 hrs a day, commute back, time start studying for grad school or sometimes drive to class .

And the worst part was I never had any money left after paying for my grad school. I was still 60k in debt from the loans from college and grad school. Thankfully I was making 100k at my job but this was in LoS Angeles.

That’s when I read TMF . It made me see the world from a different perspective. I didn’t have to sell my time for money. I didn’t have to give Mon to Fri to someone else .

I didn’t act on the new found perspective at the time. I focused on fonaohong grad school and then for higher paying job. I paid off my loans and have amassed a NW of about 200k. And am marking around 240k a yr now working from home at my full time job.

I got comfortable. But I’m tired of working for that promotion and planning my next job hop. I’m tired of not being in control of my time .

I read the TMF again this year and I’m ready to start my entrepreneurship journey ( now that I’m not burdened by debt). I have read Lean startup and gone through Y combinator startup school. Been writing down ideas for SaaS startup for the last week and evaluating them.

I'm new here, so not a great deal of advice. But great to read about your progress. I'm at the early stages, currently still in loads of debt and no real option to get out of it on my current income level. But I have had a massive mindset shift this year, taken back control of my health, gone from overweight, unhealthy and addicted to being super healthy, energetic, sober and positive. And although I've not cracked the financial part yet, I have shown myself that you can change anything in your life and it doesn't necessarily need to be that difficult as long as you accept that it's possible and start moving towards it with along term vision. You've already shown yourself that you can raise your net worth, and you've done an excellent job by the sounds of things, so all I'd say is keep doing what you're doing and moving forward. Good luck!

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022

"Any advice is appreciated."

Find a painful (to consumers or businesses) problem. Develop the best solution to the problem. Sell your products/services based on your solutions. In business idea section of this forum you will find some info to think about. Good Luck!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021

That’s when I read TMF. It made me see the world from a different perspective. I didn’t have to sell my time for money. I didn’t have to give Mon to Fri to someone else .

Great that you're ready to take action.

Could you start and iterate to a productocracy?

EXECUTION - How I Found And Solved A Problem I Cared About (Probably...)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

That’s when I read TMF. It made me see the world from a different perspective. I didn’t have to sell my time for money. I didn’t have to give Mon to Fri to someone else .

Go to MicroAcquire, the #1 Startup Acquisition Marketplace or a business broker website and buy a software business. You have the income to buy one outright, or you could finance it. This would save you time in researching a business & trying / failing to get product market fit, and you could just market it better, optimize it, and add features.

Go buy Russel Brunson's books on traffic (expert secrets, traffic secrets, web secrets)

Or you could build a SaaS using a boilerplate.

Also, if you work remote, consider moving somewhere fun and cheap (Latin America), or somewhere just plain fun. WFH has eliminated the need to stay in expensive places, and you could funnel that money into your business. Or you could just spend the money having a cooler life. Note, this isn't a recommendation, just an option to consider.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...