Gottagofast
New Contributor
I first TMF in fall 2019. At the time I was more than a year into my software engineering career and was going to grad school ( big mistake IK) part time .
I was kinda depressed because I had no control over my time. Commute to work, work 8 hrs a day, commute back, time start studying for grad school or sometimes drive to class .
And the worst part was I never had any money left after paying for my grad school. I was still 60k in debt from the loans from college and grad school. Thankfully I was making 100k at my job but this was in LoS Angeles.
That’s when I read TMF. It made me see the world from a different perspective. I didn’t have to sell my time for money. I didn’t have to give Mon to Fri to someone else .
I didn’t act on the new found perspective at the time. I focused on fonaohong grad school and then for higher paying job. I paid off my loans and have amassed a NW of about 200k. And am marking around 240k a yr now working from home at my full time job.
I got comfortable. But I’m tired of working for that promotion and planning my next job hop. I’m tired of not being in control of my time .
I read the TMF again this year and I’m ready to start my entrepreneurship journey ( now that I’m not burdened by debt). I have read Lean startup and gone through Y combinator startup school. Been writing down ideas for SaaS startup for the last week and evaluating them.
Any advice is appreciated.
I was kinda depressed because I had no control over my time. Commute to work, work 8 hrs a day, commute back, time start studying for grad school or sometimes drive to class .
And the worst part was I never had any money left after paying for my grad school. I was still 60k in debt from the loans from college and grad school. Thankfully I was making 100k at my job but this was in LoS Angeles.
That’s when I read TMF. It made me see the world from a different perspective. I didn’t have to sell my time for money. I didn’t have to give Mon to Fri to someone else .
I didn’t act on the new found perspective at the time. I focused on fonaohong grad school and then for higher paying job. I paid off my loans and have amassed a NW of about 200k. And am marking around 240k a yr now working from home at my full time job.
I got comfortable. But I’m tired of working for that promotion and planning my next job hop. I’m tired of not being in control of my time .
I read the TMF again this year and I’m ready to start my entrepreneurship journey ( now that I’m not burdened by debt). I have read Lean startup and gone through Y combinator startup school. Been writing down ideas for SaaS startup for the last week and evaluating them.
Any advice is appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
